Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    Jaina or the Void Elves probably could have done without lame slapstick
    Exactly my sentiment. Comic relief moments are already being intrusive at times. Making a major new class/theme out of it seems very backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Again, Tinker is a gnome and goblin concept and its extremely popular.

citation needed

at least judging from this thread most people are against the idea of silly class based on silly race. i would argue judging by popularity of dh/dk and lack of popularity of monk that most people would want to play some edgy/cool class rather then glorified scrapyard dwellers that main selling point is slapstick "comedy" of tech not working as intended
    Last edited by brt2pp; 2019-10-17 at 02:10 PM.

to add lore how are we going to shadowland what if we need machine to enter it then build a tinker base we enter in with oh wait that make tinker work with the expansion without it needing to be themed based

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post

citation needed

at least judging from this thread most people are against the idea of silly class based on silly race. i would argue judging by popularity of dh/dk and lack of popularity of monk that most people would rather play some edgy/cool class rather then glorified scrapyard dwellers
    To be fair, it is the same 5 people who are writing against Tinkers in this thread so it is hardly representive.

You have no idea what the next expansion is going to be about.
    I know that it won't be a Gnome/Goblin Expansion. Everybody who is not some weirdo who thinks toddlers with grandpa heads a sexy knows this. BFA was rather unpopular and the story was disliked by a majority of the community. It was a bad expansion. Looking at Blizzards response to the bad reception of WoD, it is rather likely that the next expansion will be a fanservice filled one. This concept had proven to be really successfull back in legion, give people the burning Legion, Artifacts, Demon Hunters, Illidan Stormrage. That sold, that hooked people and regained trust after a lackluster expansion.

The most popular topics remaining in World of Warcraft are the Lich King and Arthas. Plus the Sylvanas Storyline hints at a death-centric continuation of her storyline. BFA was already filled with hints towards death and we recently datamined new DK Swords and skins for Allied Race DKs. So everything points at a death-themed, Lichking and Sylvanas Centric Expansion with a possible return of Arthas. This would be the best strategic move after BFA. Leaving the death-storyline and randomly including a filler expansion with Gnomes would be suicide for World of Warcraft. And with the high likelyhood of a death-themed expansion, we know that if a new class is introduced, it will be a death-themed one. Because new classes are always themed after their expansion. So, no Tinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Indicates more that they want tinkers than to play gnomes and goblins... If it's locked to gnomes and goblins, I will play gnomes or goblins because it's the only choice I have to play tinker, not because I like them as races.
    If other races get tinkers I will play those races instead.

You keep doing reaching connections. A question that say "do you want tinkers" only answers if they want tinkers, it doesn't mean "I want to play gnomes or goblins but there isn't a class for them".

it could be, but it doesn't indicate it.
    Actually there was another recent poll that showed that more people wanted to keep Tinkers Gnome and Goblin exclusive than to spread them to other races.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    to add lore how are we going to shadowland what if we need machine to enter it then build a tinker base we enter in with oh wait that make tinker work with the expansion without it needing to be themed based
    no it doesn't, the notion that you need to build machine to enter shadowlands is ridiculous and based on fake leak. Also it still doesn't fit, every single class added have deep lore connections to expansion, the "we build machine to do stuff so tinkers make sense" is NOT deep lore connection

10+ Year Old Account

citation needed

at least judging from this thread most people are against the idea of silly class based on silly race. i would argue judging by popularity of dh/dk and lack of popularity of monk that most people would want to play some edgy/cool class rather then glorified scrapyard dwellers that main selling point is slapstick "comedy" of tech not working as intended
    Not according to the polls.

no it doesn't, the notion that you need to build machine to enter shadowlands is ridiculous and based on fake leak. Also it still doesn't fit, every single class added have deep lore connections to expansion, the "we build machine to do stuff so tinkers make sense" is NOT deep lore connection
    i said what if... did not even base it on a leak shadowland is pretty confirmed haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    I know that it won't be a Gnome/Goblin Expansion. Everybody who is not some weirdo who thinks toddlers with grandpa heads a sexy knows this. BFA was rather unpopular and the story was disliked by a majority of the community. It was a bad expansion. Looking at Blizzards response to the bad reception of WoD, it is rather likely that the next expansion will be a fanservice filled one. This concept had proven to be really successfull back in legion, give people the burning Legion, Artifacts, Demon Hunters, Illidan Stormrage. That sold, that hooked people and regained trust after a lackluster expansion.

The most popular topics remaining in World of Warcraft are the Lich King and Arthas. Plus the Sylvanas Storyline hints at a death-centric continuation of her storyline. BFA was already filled with hints towards death and we recently datamined new DK Swords and skins for Allied Race DKs. So everything points at a death-themed, Lichking and Sylvanas Centric Expansion with a possible return of Arthas. This would be the best strategic move after BFA. Leaving the death-storyline and randomly including a filler expansion with Gnomes would be suicide for World of Warcraft. And with the high likelyhood of a death-themed expansion, we know that if a new class is introduced, it will be a death-themed one. Because new classes are always themed after their expansion. So, no Tinker.
    not if a undead uses a tinker machin that feels rather death themed to me
    Last edited by Dragtox; 2019-10-17 at 02:18 PM.

Actually there was another recent poll that showed that more people wanted to keep Tinkers Gnome and Goblin exclusive than to spread them to other races.
    Which is another question. And once again, to me it would make sense if tinkers were to be racial locked to gnome and goblins. I still wouldn't like the races because of that opinion.

They can also control Void Walkers, so I have idea why @Triceron is complaining.
    But you complain about Mechagnomes having no class to play when they have Mech Pets in the Hunter class. This is no different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    But you complain about Mechagnomes having no class to play when they have Mech Pets in the Hunter class. This is no different.
    Yes, because a mechanical pet doesn't change the other Hunter abilities, which are decidedly nature and magic based.

Meanwhile, Void Elves have access to entire specs dedicated to Shadow magic, like Affliction and Shadow.

A few random thoughts as this thread has just taken on a life of its own:

• There isn't any reason that a Tinker class would have to be Gnome/Goblin exclusive. Clever and inventive people exist in every race
    • Plenty of people like Gnomes and Goblins. They are on the lower end of played races, but that still equals thousands and thousands of players
    • There are a wide variety of reasons people would want any particular class, whether it be Tinker, or Bard or Necromancer or Cheese Sandwich. The reason is unimportant, they can want what they want
    • In 15 years of Wow, we've had three new classes and we're closing in on 20 years since Warcraft 3. Trying to predict patterns from this and assuming that Blizzard is beholden to a near 20 year old game is silly
    • We have no idea what the next expansion will be about. It may even skip the Sylvanas story line altogether to pick it up the expansion after. It may be death themed, or it may be about donuts with sprinkles. We don't know (but will find out in 2 weeks)
    • People should be free to discuss what they want and don't want in a thread like this. This needn't be a Tinker circle jerk, or and anti-Tinker one.
    • At the end of the day we are all fans of this game. If somebody is saying that the current classes don't let them fulfill their class concept fantasy, listen to them. Don't try and prove them wrong. This goes for people who want to play Tinkers and don;t think Hunters + mechanical pet + engineering is valid, or Necromancer fans who don't want to be a Death Knight, or Dark Ranger fans who don't want to be a Hunter.

i said what if... did not even base it on a leak shadowland is pretty confirmed haha

- - - Updated - - -

not if a undead uses a tinker machin that feels rather death themed to me
    Blizz won't introduce Tinkers after BFA. They will rather stick with a more cool and darker class to hook players.

i am not doing that but if you cant even idmit warcraft 3 heroes are multi classed then your arguments gona lose abit points
    Warcraft 3 hero units cannot "multiclass" because there are no "classes" in Warcraft 3.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post

• There isn't any reason that a Tinker class would have to be Gnome/Goblin exclusive. Clever and inventive people exist in every race
    • Plenty of people like Gnomes and Goblins. They are on the lower end of played races, but that still equals thousands and thousands of players
    • There are a wide variety of reasons people would want any particular class, whether it be Tinker, or Bard or Necromancer or Cheese Sandwich. The reason is unimportant, they can want what they want
    • In 15 years of Wow, we've had three new classes and we're closing in on 20 years since Warcraft 3. Trying to predict patterns from this and assuming that Blizzard is beholden to a near 20 year old game is silly
    • We have no idea what the next expansion will be about. It may even skip the Sylvanas story line altogether to pick it up the expansion after. It may be death themed, or it may be about donuts with sprinkles. We don't know (but will find out in 2 weeks)
    • People should be free to discuss what they want and don't want in a thread like this. This needn't be a Tinker circle jerk, or and anti-Tinker one.
    • At the end of the day we are all fans of this game. If somebody is saying that the current classes don't let them fulfill their class concept fantasy, listen to them. Don't try and prove them wrong. This goes for people who want to play Tinkers and don;t think Hunters + mechanical pet + engineering is valid, or Necromancer fans who don't want to be a Death Knight, or Dark Ranger fans who don't want to be a Hunter.
    So much this. I can't understand the reasoning behind telling others they should be content with class X to fulfil class fantasy Y. Yet it always derails into that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Why is it silly? DKs, Monks, and DHs all come from a WC3 foundation, and they all make sense in WoW due to their WC3 roots. Why would Blizzard stop that trend with the 4th expansion class?

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Blood Elves revolve around magic, technology is a different focus. As for humans, they are pretty average in intelligence. Adaptable, but not inventive. They learned magic from the elves, and they leave technology to the gnomes and the dwarves.
    Being intelligent =/= quick-witted. Being intelligent is not the same thing and being smart. Think of intelligence as being a tool, and "smart" is your skill in using said tool.

Vulpera, on the other hand, have a racial description that almost exclusively talks about how intelligent they are, that they are able to “turn what they find in lot opportunities to thrive”, and the fact that they have just been freed from slavery. We have definitely not seen the limit of their potential.
    The exact same reasoning you're using to discount blood elves also applies 100% to the vulpera: the vulpera "smarts" are more "savvy-ness" regarding survival in harsh conditions, not developing and building high-tech machinery.

The fact that they share the goblin skeleton and that they have a similar appearance to characters from Wildstar, Starfox, Ratchet & Clank, etc. makes it a familiar archetype as well.
    Sharing a skeleton with goblins has zero weight as an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Warcraft 3 hero units cannot "multiclass" because there are no "classes" in Warcraft 3.
    i guess illidan is not a demon hunter then, uther is not a paladin and malfurion is not a druid by that logic

Why is it silly? DKs, Monks, and DHs all come from a WC3 foundation, and they all make sense in WoW due to their WC3 roots. Why would Blizzard stop that trend with the 4th expansion class?
    Because it's a found pattern that lacks any bearing. Because the game has changed so much from what was present in Warcraft 3 that holding onto it as a basis instead of following the narrative and/or needs of the game would be silly.

We may as well say that if a hero class is to be added to the game the class name has to start with the letter "D".