Btw Tinker and Alchemist are the only WC3 classes with original spells yet to be implemented into WoW.

Which probably means they're next, probably merged into one class.

They'll also potentially be the last class.

Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post
    So out of this 114 page discussion, this is what I got to say:

1) I hope they don´t add any new classes. They´ve got 12 to fix. 36 if you count every spec. Demon Hunter´s still only have 2 specs.
    2) If they do add a new class, which I doubt they will, it wont be tinkers. Tinkers have no relevance to the main theme of the next expansion whatsoever, and this would be the first time a class was added without any relevance to the main storyline (wrath=dks, mop=monks, legion=dhs). Last time they added a controversial class it was monks, and it remains as the least played class. There´s a lot of regret there. I am sure they would take monks back if they could. It was an unnecessary overlap in melee that even caused dhs to have so little to explore and ended up with 2 specs to begin with.
    3) Sylvanas is at the cover of Blizzcon, most likely indicating a death themed expansion.
    4) Mechagon was its own thing. A contained quest hub and dungeon that did not have any relevance to BFA. A nod to players that enjoy that sort of thing, that even produced an allied race in the form of the diaper gnomes.
    5) It could have been more believable or probable if mekkatorque wasn´t ressurrected during the diaper gnome AR questline and they were added as a race on the pre-patch for the new expansion. That whole thing starting in 8.1 with him being frozen and finishing in 8.3 with the diaper gnomes allied race pretty much gives it a beggining, middle and end. No need to revisit it whatsoever.

IF tinkers were added as a class at this point while within a death theme expansion (or void themed), it would leave a lot of people scratching their heads. It wouldnt make any sense, there´s absolutely NO buildup.

Entertaining the idea, I would be personally not the least interested on them. Hell, with all 12 classes as I currently have, I´m constantly considering deleting a couple that I dont like, but decided to keep them just to see what blizzard will do to classes next exp pack. Not to mention a technology based class detracts from the magic fantasy theme of everything else. I wouldnt stop playing the game over it, but cant say I would enjoy it

My 2 cents.
    1) They surely are aware of the expectation of a new class, and they sound unusually confident about this year's Blizzcon, so I don't see any way they don't at least add something.
    2/3) With a sample size of three, the idea that a new class has to be tied to the expansion theme is not actually that well supported. Blizzard has never made that claim.
    4/5 There was a lot of other developments related to tech based combat styles, not the least of which was an island expedition team for each faction showing 3 distinct roles for NPCs using guns, mechs, healing sprays, and turrets, among other tech themed abilities. We saw tinker heroes gain strength in the War Campaign, races with unique technology join both factions, and there were two full dungeons added featuring almost entirely tech based combatants (one of which was large enough to be split into two dungeons as of 8.3). I would argue that's pretty significant buildup, especially considering that the tinker combat style has been a part of Warcraft since the RTS games.

PS: Not sure why you would delete your toons?

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    In that case I'd prefer we get no new class and Blizz concentrate on the current classes.
    Welp, unfortunately the Earth doesn't revolve around you. I am curious what will happen to the Engineering profession if they add Tinkers. There's a fair bit of overlap. Could explain why engineering has been gutted since MoP though.

In that case I'd prefer we get no new class and Blizz concentrate on the current classes.
    problem and good argument on ranger is becus high elf and night bow based magic is based on hunter that meens druid, hunter and demon hunter all based on elves
    we did not ask for elves based classes but have to deal with it

then we get a chance on gnome and goblin based class then we have to take line becus elves got alot lore and classes based on them get out of here with your weak logic that makes less and less sense you are becoming toxic player with all this hate

- - - Updated - - -

lets see alot machine based stuff have been in the game gnomergang and goblin using shredders, tbc demon tinker made giant robots and we already have dwarfs that makes machine, wotlk more machine everywhere and undead shows their own tinker stuff wod alot machine stuff to find so tinker alot tinker stuff hint there its been building up for a while mop it slowed down more monk based stuff so you got your break wod orc shows their tinker skill aswell as dark iron dwarf shows their tinker skills even draenei showed their tinker skill
    legion even more more tinker stuff demon and lightforged draenei etc etc finaly bfa shows more tinker stuff with goblin and gnome then finaly gnome lore people been asking for a big while
    and warcraft 2 and 3 shows machine stuff as a thing in their universe this universe is not based on magic alone

wont be suprised if they are able to make a shadow/void tinker machine work
    Last edited by Dragtox; 2019-10-18 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Hopefully not. The last thing the game needs is another shadow-based elven class.
    Actually, it does. Shadow-Based Elven Classes are actually the most reasonable move. Shadow-themed classes will always be a popular and well-received choice and elves are always insanely popular. Purely making shadow based elven classes probably would help the game by far more than a tinker class ever could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    Actually, it does. Shadow-Based Elven Classes are actually the most reasonable move. Shadow-themed classes will always be a popular and well-received choice and elves are always insanely popular. Purely making shadow based elven classes probably would help the game by far more than a tinker class ever could.
    Uh, we just got Demon Hunters.

And they were by far more popular and a by far bigger success than Monks. Just as DKs where, as a not-elven themed but dark class. I mean, I think tinkers could one day possible. I just don't think they are possible yet. Because BFA was widely unpopular, so they will probably throw in something which is a save bet. An dark class which fits the highly likely upcoming death-theme. Tinkers would be experimental and being experimental would be just a risk move after BFA. Dark Classes so far were always well received, the one experimental and lighthearted class was not. Tinker is something blizz should include when WoW is in a more stable position

Now get ready for our most interesting class yet: DEMON HUNTERS II.

And they were by far more popular and a by far bigger success than Monks. Just as DKs where, as a not-elven themed but dark class. I mean, I think tinkers could one day possible. I just don't think they are possible yet. Because BFA was widely unpopular, so they will probably throw in something which is a save bet. An dark class which fits the highly likely upcoming death-theme. Tinkers would be experimental and being experimental would be just a risk move after BFA. Dark Classes so far were always well received, the one experimental and lighthearted class was not. Tinker is something blizz should include when WoW is in a more stable position
    tinker is more popular then monk aswell

It's rich you calling me toxic after you accused me of hating small people in real life, the only thing to do now is wait and see... Maybe I should start hoping for Tinkers so we don't get them because everything I'm usually hopeful for never happens ie High Elves... instead we got void monstrosities but thats another thread.
    The Void Monstrosities as they were teased to us actually would have been cooler than High Elves. With an High Elf Skin, but cool tattoos and a by far cooler void-battle form...which instead is just a proc and got smurf skins instead of cool tattoo customization. Or a proper Alleria or at least locus walker based heritage armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    tinker is more popular then monk aswell
    Do you have anything to back this assumption up?

Do you have anything to back this assumption up?
    As the most requested class concept, tinkers are at least as popular as any other options that the community has considered.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    As the most requested class concept, tinkers are at least as popular as any other options that the community has considered.
    It is actually just the most expected class. I haven't seen much fan demand for Tinkers yet.

It is actually just the most expected class. I haven't seen much fan demand for Tinkers yet.
    So people aren't excited about tinkers? Or do you have evidence that they'd be more excited about something else?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...rred-New-Class

Random Nightborne Druid =/= faction leader
    Except him being the faction leader is meaningless to what I argued, which that "technology" was, at best, a tertiary plot in BfA because it didn't even get a raid, like the Stormheim plot line with Odyn and Helya, and got resolved in the same patch it was introduced.

That Hunters are rangers.
    Are you saying dark rangers cannot exist because the official WoW page for the Hunter describes them as "rangers"? If so, then by your logic, shamans should not exist since they're described as "warriors" in that same page.

1) They surely are aware of the expectation of a new class, and they sound unusually confident about this year's Blizzcon, so I don't see any way they don't at least add something.
    2/3) With a sample size of three, the idea that a new class has to be tied to the expansion theme is not actually that well supported. Blizzard has never made that claim.
    4/5 There was a lot of other developments related to tech based combat styles, not the least of which was an island expedition team for each faction showing 3 distinct roles for NPCs using guns, mechs, healing sprays, and turrets, among other tech themed abilities. We saw tinker heroes gain strength in the War Campaign, races with unique technology join both factions, and there were two full dungeons added featuring almost entirely tech based combatants (one of which was large enough to be split into two dungeons as of 8.3). I would argue that's pretty significant buildup, especially considering that the tinker combat style has been a part of Warcraft since the RTS games.

PS: Not sure why you would delete your toons?
    Dude, 1 is not a pattern... 2 eh, debatable... but 3, im sorry, is a pattern.
    As for deleting my toons, its simple, there are a couple of classes that the last time i remeber having fun with them was a while ago... back in mop, to be exact.I kept levelingb them since hoping that theyd be changed into something id like to play again but it didnt happen yet, so if 9.0 doesnt offer any changes that make them up to my standards, then why would I keep leveling?

If your race is a scavenger, you'll be surrounded by anything you find interesting. Let me call it here now - assuming tinkers become available and we get to see a unique racial tech with it, vulpera will have a bunch of junk strapped together and it'll look awesome.
    Scavenging for food and shelter is very different from knowing how to combine machines to form high-tech devices.

My point is that you don't have to ask for something to want it, not the other way around. Blizzard of course designs things that they believe the player base would like. Animations, on the other hand, are described by the art team as their most time consuming task. I don't particularly think that they choose classes based on how easy they are to implement (excluding druids, in which case they certainly do). However, if you have some class ideas for a future expansion that might feature goblins, I think it's only reasonable that when you draft their allied race you leave the door open for that class in a different style.
    No, it doesn't make sense. One, because it doesn't fit the vulpera's lore, and two, because class animations are global for each class. With the exception of monks, each class has a set of unique animations to the class, and uses some of the race's own animations. When the developers talk about "designing animations", they are not talking about what gestures your character will make, but class ability animations: how a fireball looks and sounds, or how a rocket looks and sounds, how their cooldowns look, etc. And all of that is global to all races: an orc's fireball looks and sounds just like a human's fireball, for example.

So people aren't excited about tinkers? Or do you have evidence that they'd be more excited about something else?
    People tend to be excited for elves and dark-themed classes. Look at DK and DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except him being the faction leader is meaningless to what I argued, which that "technology" was, at best, a tertiary plot in BfA because it didn't even get a raid, like the Stormheim plot line with Odyn and Helya, and got resolved in the same patch it was introduced.
    Again, I would argue that Gallywix building a mech to challenge Mekkatorque, Mekkatorque being a raid boss and getting frozen, Goblins retaking Kezan, Gazlowe taking over the Goblins, Goblins and Gnomes working together in Mechagon, Mechagon itself, Mekkatorque becoming the new leader of both Gnome races, Crappolis, and the fact that the devs said that the Goblin cannon pointing at Stormwind will be fired, kind of makes it a bit more than a tertiary plot.

In fact, I would say it puts it right up there with Nzoth, Azshara, and Sylvanas in Legion.

Are you saying dark rangers cannot exist because the official WoW page for the Hunter describes them as "rangers"? If so, then by your logic, shamans should not exist since they're described as "warriors" in that same page.
    I'm saying that Hunters are rangers. Also Dark Rangers already exist; They're Forsaken MM Hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. I think players want something different than what's currently being offered. Tinkers give them that option. A rehashed Hunter, Warlock, or Rogue does not.

I disagree. I think players want something different than what's currently being offered. Tinkers give them that option. A rehashed Hunter, Warlock, or Rogue does not.
    Nobody plays or likes Goblins or Gnomes, it is statistically proven, so a clase based on them would be a total failure. Monks were a total failure, despite being something really new and different from what was at this time offered. And they failed. Demon Hunter was basically just a rehashed mix of Rogue and Warlock. And it was a massive success.