Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    This one has 600k, so it's no slouch either.

However if you want to make a poll on reddit, knock yourself out. You're more than likely going to get similar results.
    You know that your polls literally mean nothing since classes are dedicated to the expansion theme and there will be never a gnome/goblin themed expansion, due to how generally badly received and disliked the races are?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Dark Ranger is far more likely now that we can be almost 100% sure the Shadowlands is coming. Though many of us saw this coming.

Also Nathanos was training a new generation of rangers since before the events of Legion, you can bet there are thousands of them and with Sylvanas leaving she will be abandoning most of them to their own machinations.

Human, Undead, Blood Elf, Night Elf.

Possibly a few Allied races.
    Great, now how do you make up for the fact that you have to be Undead to be a dark ranger?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Ranger is far more likely now that we can be almost 100% sure the Shadowlands is coming. Though many of us saw this coming.

Also Nathanos was training a new generation of rangers since before the events of Legion, you can bet there are thousands of them and with Sylvanas leaving she will be abandoning most of them to their own machinations.

Human, Undead, Blood Elf, Night Elf.

Possibly a few Allied races.
    I would say that Dark Ranger is less likely because Sylvanas is more than likely done after this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    You know that your polls literally mean nothing since classes are dedicated to the expansion theme and there will be never a gnome/goblin themed expansion, due to how generally badly received and disliked the races are?
    My point with the polls is to counter the childish notion that only 3 people like Tinkers, or that people hate Goblins and Gnomes.

Blizzard will release the next class regardless of any polls.

I would say that Dark Ranger is less likely because Sylvanas is more than likely done after this expansion.
    The well received and not unpopular new classes actually started off as the character class of antagonists. Death Knights served under the Lichking while Demon Hunters were trained by Illidan, who was at this point of the timeline an antagonist. Making a Dark Ranger class which initially serves under Sylvanas, who is incredibly popular, sounds like a more reasonable business move than further pandering towards diaper fetishists who think toddlers with their grandpas heads are the coolest thing ever.

Your writing style becomes weirder and weirder.

There is still the fact that Monks are the least popular class in the game. They were not really well received, while DK and DH were highly popular and well received. People generally are okay with the whimsical and more bright elements of the plot, but they don't want them front and center. Which is why people generally prefer to play pretty humanoid races and after that the monstrous once, with the whimsical, cute and comedic ones coming last.

And Blizzard knows this. They didn't even made Mechagon the main zone of the patch. They made it a side zone with a self-contained side story and a dungeon, while Nazjatar and Naga received the core attention as the main zone which continues the main story and has a raid.
    thats what happans when english is not your first language and your life of genetics etc etc hold you back from school and learning and have to base my learning on visual IQ i more suprise how far i have come on it but i am at the gate where it becoms to hard to explain everything inside my head
    so i simplify it for myself since i am not able to get my advanced side out

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Great, now how do you make up for the fact that you have to be Undead to be a dark ranger?
    All DK races are technically undead, and as of next patch all races can be them so you tell me?

- - - Updated - - -

The well received and not unpopular new classes actually started off as the character class of antagonists. Death Knights served under the Lichking while Demon Hunters were trained by Illidan, who was at this point of the timeline an antagonist. Making a Dark Ranger class which initially serves under Sylvanas, who is incredibly popular, sounds like a more reasonable business move than further pandering towards diaper fetishists who think toddlers with their grandpas heads are the coolest thing ever.
    Not to mention, the Pandaren Monks wanted nothing to do with the outside world but were forced to train other races out of necessity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is the main character of this expansion and people hate this expansion. So there goes that logic.

Imagine thinking that beeing the bad evil guy is what makes people play a class. Not everyone is 8 years old.

DH is the least played class - although he should be one the top with that kinda logic. It's so stupid to argue like that.

My point with the polls is to counter the childish notion that only 3 people like Tinkers, or that people hate Goblins and Gnomes.

Blizzard will release the next class regardless of any polls.
    People dislike Goblins and Gnomes as their personal player choices. Plus, there is the fact that Blizzard themselves don't seem to trust into gnome related main content. After all, they released it as unrelated side content, with both the main zone, the main story and the raid focussing on Naga and Azshara. If Blizzard would think Gnomes are popular, why wouldn't they introduce a gnome-focussed storyline as its own thing, instead of side content? So even if Tinkers would become a thing, they probably wouldn't be restricted to Goblins and Gnomes but instead be available to at least the popular races to not make them instantly flop.

Seriously dude. Even a 5% Int Buff didn't made people play gnome. This is how unpopular they are. I mean, when I play classic I actually feel bad not to play a gnome because they are just so good as casters but at the same time I just can't tolerate them enough as a race to play them for the racial.

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvanas is the main character of this expansion and people hate this expansion. So there goes that logic.
    Sylvanas is so popular that Blizzard hat to introduce player choices for the storyline. This has never been done before.

All DK races are technically undead, and as of next patch all races can be them so you tell me?

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention, the Pandaren Monks wanted nothing to do with the outside world but were forced to train other races out of necessity.
    Difference being that there was an entire storyline about us regaining our will at light's hope which is why we got to turn against the lich king. The Dark Rangers are part of Sylvanas's elite squad willingly. Not to mention that not many people are being raised nowadays because everyone that was was kinda done unwillingly and the only people who would do that were Sylvanas and the Lich King.

So it's a lot harder to write in some story about how for some reason these undead are somehow not aligned with Syvlanas but trained in the arts that only her elite guard were and then decided to leave the forsaken and rejoin the Alliance.

People don't hate the expansion because of Sylvanas. Most of the vitriol I see surrounding BfA is regarding the state of classes, the convoluted war campaign, the overarching theme (saving Azeroth) being barely touched on thus far, Azerite gear, etc.

Sylvanas as a character has an even more rabid following than you do for Tinkers. While I personally don't number among either cult's population, I'd recommend not dipping your toe into that pool.

Difference being that there was an entire storyline about us regaining our will at light's hope which is why we got to turn against the lich king. The Dark Rangers are part of Sylvanas's elite squad willingly. Not to mention that not many people are being raised nowadays because everyone that was was kinda done unwillingly and the only people who would do that were Sylvanas and the Lich King.
    Ya, but we know for a fact Sylvanas has made a veritable fuckton of undead and bent them to her will and forced them to do things, we just do not know how many yet.

So it's a lot harder to write in some story about how for some reason these undead are somehow not aligned with Syvlanas but trained in the arts that only her elite guard were and then decided to leave the forsaken and rejoin the Alliance.
    They would easily address that during their starting zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Imagine thinking that beeing the bad evil guy is what makes people play a class. Not everyone is 8 years old.

DH is the least played class - although he should be one the top with that kinda logic. It's so stupid to argue like that.
    My issue with Demon Hunter currently is that the specs lack imagination in some regards, they are pretty damn fun but something always feels missing.

The other issue is that people get attached to their older characters and tend to stick with them more often than not.

Ya, but we know for a fact Sylvanas has made a veritable fuckton of undead and bent them to her will and forced them to do things, we just do not know how many yet.
    It's actually shockingly few outside of like, the large-scale battle at Lordaeron where they really weren't much more than mindless zombies. Like, as soon as she forcibly raised one and then attempted to strip them of their will we had an entire questline with Baine saying "Nah, that's bullshit, you can't take that away".

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    They would easily address that during their starting zone.
    Great, how? Once again, Dark Rangers are part of Sylvanas elite guard so they're quite loyal to her. So you'd pretty much be needing to raise new people. Then these people somehow be trained as Dark Rangers (which is usually by being taught by another Dark Ranger who once again are loyal to Sylvanas) then they'd need to (for the Alliance) have some reason as to why they wish to abandon the Undead and go back to the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    People don't hate the expansion because of Sylvanas. Most of the vitriol I see surrounding BfA is regarding the state of classes, the convoluted war campaign, the overarching theme (saving Azeroth) being barely touched on thus far, Azerite gear, etc.
    So people hate the plot that revolves around Sylvanas, but that has nothing to do with Sylvanas?

Okay.

Sylvanas as a character has an even more rabid following than you do for Tinkers. While I personally don't number among either cult's population, I'd recommend not dipping your toe into that pool.
    Which is why more players want Tinkers over Dark Rangers?

I personally have been waiting for a Tinker class for years and believe it could be a good opportunity to create a class that plays different from the rest. People who get exicted over sexy elves with dark and very very cool magics already have a lot of options, and I dont think the logic of "cool and dark sells, so there will only be cool and dark classes from now on" dows not really make that much sense. Although mostly I came here to say that Serenity River sounds like a stripper name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    Again 600k accounts but only 13k active members you are willfully choosing to ignore this the stats are on the forum page if you wish to check them yourself.
    Again, if you want to create a poll on reddit, be my guest. However, it's silly to dispute those poll results with your personal opinion.

Sylvanas is not the main character of this expansion the "Faction War" is the main focus of this expansion and the gripe is with class design and lockouts not the story and art.
    The faction war is over, and the plot is still revolving around Sylvanas. Even though we're fighting a freed old God, we're still dealing with Sylvanas. Guess what we're doing after we kill Nzoth? That's right, we're hunting Sylvanas.

Great, how? Once again, Dark Rangers are part of Sylvanas elite guard so they're quite loyal to her. So you'd pretty much be needing to raise new people. Then these people somehow be trained as Dark Rangers (which is usually by being taught by another Dark Ranger who once again are loyal to Sylvanas) then they'd need to (for the Alliance) have some reason as to why they wish to abandon the Undead and go back to the Alliance.
    They are not all elite though, Nathanos trained a fuckload of new Rangers, he even says it in game. They already created the opportnity to have Rangers that defect from Sylvanas.

There is no reason to be against it, we need another pure DPS, we have not had one since Classic. Not every class has to be able to do everything.

Also I am not against Tinker it just does not fit thematically to where the story is clearly headed and Blizzard always creates them based on expansion Theme.

Do what they did with Death Knights?

Just an option, and there's a precedent for it.