Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What if it's Diablo: Immortal for PC announced at Blizzcon and not D4?

So... upon thinking of Blizzard's recent mentality as of late - and how they conduct things, I came to a potentially nasty thought!

What if Blizzard's Diablo announcement at Blizzcon this year isn't the D4 people are wanting/hoping, but instead simply be a PC port of Diablo: Immortal!

Now, before you say "Blizzard's not THAT stupid!" - yes, they are! These are the same guys who were literally stunned that a mobile game wasn't recieved by a PC-Based gaming audience.

Put it further, I wouldn't be surprised if they deluded themselves into thinking "Well, they were just upset that it wasn't a PC game... so - lets port it onto PC!!"

I mean, I can practically write the script for said reveal:

"OK Blizzcon, we remember last year about Diablo: Immortal"

*audience snickers*

"And, while genuinely shocked, we listened. We're Blizzard - we listen to the gamers!"

"..."

"So, we heard you loud and clear. We heard your concerns and questions over us doing JUST a Mobile Diablo game...."

"So, we're proud to announce..... Diablo: Immortal is comming to PC!!! =D"

*crickets*

I'm willing to bet dollars-to-donuts they have no idea how bad the name "Diablo:Immortal" is in the eyes of the audience, and immediately there will be calls of "pushing whale-hunting games onto the western PC market". Especially combined with their recent backing of Chinese policies and measures.

What say you all? Would you be OK if it was just a Diablo: Immortal game for PC?

EDIT: To further clarify - I can see them thinking marketing-wise to have it tie directly with the Mobile version to cross-promote eachother, and maybe establish a "Whale-Market" in both America Mobile and PC markets.

I'm not suggesting I WANT this... I'm suggesting this is maybe how they're thinking these days. >_<
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2019-10-19 at 08:18 PM.

that would make no sense, cuz the Diablo: Immortal is mobile version of PC Diablo.....what exactly would Diablo: Immortal bring to the PC?

7+ Year Old Account
    lol, not gonna happen.

Blizzard knows very well what their players think of D:I.
    The game reveal completely humiliated them last year.

Having this over an actual Diablo announcement, whether a remaster or D4, would most definitely kill the very last remnants of whatever is left of the diablo playerbase.

Formerly known as Arafal

Wouldn't make sense because it's basically Diablo 0.5 it's worse than all the Diablo PC games, who wants a shittier version when there's 3 better ones?

Quote Originally Posted by dim View Post
    that would make no sense, cuz the Diablo: Immortal is mobile version of PC Diablo.....what exactly would Diablo: Immortal bring to the PC?
    Ummm... you never watched the original D:I video trailer, did you? It's a whole new game engine (One of that company's design) with new levels and such, just with D3 character skins.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Ummm... you never watched the original D:I video trailer, did you? It's a whole new game engine (One of that company's design) with new levels and such, just with D3 character skins.
    Yes so that's new, that brings a crappy Diablo to the mobile along with MTX, but putting it on PC brings nothing when you have 3 better versions already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Wouldn't make sense because it's basically Diablo 0.5 it's worse than all the Diablo PC games, who wants a shittier version when there's 3 better ones?
    Again - you're thinking like GAMERS... like old-school Blizzard, not current Blizzard! Blizzard debatablly no longer thinks good games > Good profits, they think marketing first > Good profits! Good game design is just something the Artists and designers do in-between Marketing and Profits.

I'm suggesting they're potentially not looking at what you're saying... they're looking at "tying the game to cross-mobile-PC and creating a whole new market on PC" kinda thoughts

Better than nothing. I honestly thought it looked interesting when I saw it, but I don't play mobile games. If it's up to the same standard of quality you'd expect a Diablo game to me, I'd be ok with it, but I don't have any trust in Blizzard left anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Yes so that's new, that brings a crappy Diablo to the mobile along with MTX, but putting it on PC brings nothing when you have 3 better versions already there.
    Again... I agree, but think like current-Blizzard... not Gamer-Blizzard!

Think "We're going to make our big reveal a mobile whale-hunting game to this crowd of American PC gamers! What can go wrong?" Blizzard. :P

Again - you're thinking like GAMERS... like old-school Blizzard, not current Blizzard! Blizzard debatablly no longer thinks good games > Good profits, they think marketing first > Good profits! Good game design is just something the Artists and designers do in-between Marketing and Profits.

I'm suggesting they're potentially not looking at what you're saying... they're looking at "tying the game to cross-mobile-PC and creating a whole new market on PC" kinda thoughts
    They'd be better off just making new D3 content and making MTX, rather than porting a shittier version of D3.

they kind of tried it with the AH, but that failed.

Hell, even make a D3 expansion and just load it with mobile pay to win bullshit, that way people have to buy it as well as buy MTX pure greed!

5+ Year Old Account
    i recall that, Diablo inmortal was "actually done" 1 year before.... but nothing happened, you can still "pre-register" on the page.

The lore of immortal, was supposed to tied D2 LoD with D3, because you know... there is a fucking gap between the 2 games, so i believe they lay down Immortal to work on D4.... probably they could also shut down Immortal and added it to D4.

The truth its, maybe we will never get the mobile version.

So... upon thinking of Blizzard's recent mentality as of late - and how they conduct things, I came to a potentially nasty thought!

What if Blizzard's Diablo announcement at Blizzcon this year isn't the D4 people are wanting/hoping, but instead simply be a PC port of Diablo: Immortal!

Now, before you say "Blizzard's not THAT stupid!" - yes, they are! These are the same guys who were literally stunned that a mobile game wasn't recieved by a PC-Based gaming audience.

Put it further, I wouldn't be surprised if they deluded themselves into thinking "Well, they were just upset that it wasn't a PC game... so - lets port it onto PC!!"

I mean, I can practically write the script for said reveal:

"OK Blizzcon, we remember last year about Diablo: Immortal"

*audience snickers*

"And, while genuinely shocked, we listened. We're Blizzard - we listen to the gamers!"

"..."

"So, we heard you loud and clear. We heard your concerns and questions over us doing JUST a Mobile Diablo game...."

"So, we're proud to announce..... Diablo: Immortal is comming to PC!!! =D"

*crickets*

I'm willing to bet dollars-to-donuts they have no idea how bad the name "Diablo:Immortal" is in the eyes of the audience, and immediately there will be calls of "pushing whale-hunting games onto the western PC market". Especially combined with their recent backing of Chinese policies and measures.

What say you all? Would you be OK if it was just a Diablo: Immortal game for PC?

EDIT: To further clarify - I can see them thinking marketing-wise to have it tie directly with the Mobile version to cross-promote eachother, and maybe establish a "Whale-Market" in both America Mobile and PC markets.

I'm not suggesting I WANT this... I'm suggesting this is maybe how they're thinking these days. >_<
    You think Blizzcon is still going to happen, considering all the stuff happening right now? Blizzard fucked up so bad that they managed to unite Democrats and republicans together over the whole China thing. that NEVER happens. Nintendo has remained unusually quiet regarding the Overwatch port over, which is damning too. and then the outrage culture in general right now, over humanitarianism in Hong Kong. The one thing Blizzard did do well, was shine a blaring spot light on that mess and has people talking about it more; than before over that one dude who was banned and had his winning withheld, until back lash went into full throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    The truth its, maybe we will never get the mobile version.
    Oh, I seriously doubt that. Chances are they're just taking time to make the pay structures in place, particularly aimed at China.

Even if what you say is true, it's totally going to happen in China. The game's literally designed for the Chinese market by a Chinese developer...

Again, stop thinking "lore wise"... that's Old Blizz... new blizz knows the developers and designers will just spin whatever creation they want with whatever lore/art/reasons they want. Marketing/Pricing comes first and foremost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    You think Blizzcon is still going to happen, considering all the stuff happening right now?
    Of course they are, for the very same marketing-mentality reasons I listed above.

a) They're clueless about their content possibly being ill-recieved
    b) They already paid for a SHIT ton of space at the convention center + rented it out. That's a massive substantial money loss over the chance of picketers.
    c) The sheer volume of refunds they will have to pay for.
    d) The sheer volume of attendees who have also booked hotel reservations faaar in advance who will lose their deposits.
    e) All of the pamphlets, brocures, flyers, banners have already been printed and packaged. You don't do that kinda thing the day before at the local Fedex-Office.

If Blizzard pulled out now, they're looking at a far worse backlash publicly than what they may face from protesters. If they pulled out now, we're looking at a publicity shitstorm that could almost rival the Fyre Festival of pissed-off attendees! >_<

EDIT: Now, I'll admit that I think Blizzcon will be changed somewhat - and agree with the others that it's more than most likely they will cancel ALL QnA events at a minimum.

Blizzard fucked up so bad that they managed to unite Democrats and republicans together over the whole China thing. that NEVER happens.
    Got to admit, this made me chuckle... but honestly, Dems and Republicans were united together more over Donald Trump and the Alt-Right regime than Blizzard. (Maybe you meant Anti-Trump and Alt-Right people? They're not the same as Dems/Republicans)
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2019-10-19 at 08:52 PM.

So what you're saying is they port D3 to Mobile (basically) and decide to port that version of Diablo to PC? Isn't that just... D3?

If they rebuilt D:I from the ground up and it was an entirely different game for PC only (which obviously didn't happen) then I'd be okay with it. It's basically D4 at that point.

That said, they certainly won't announce D:I for PC.

I think a few other games have browser versions but those are mostly "building" type games.. personally I wouldn't care. I'm one of the few looking forward to DI anyway as with work and life now I play mobile games so bring it on I say. Hopefully, it doesn't go to pay 2 win for PvE content.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

You think Blizzcon is still going to happen, considering all the stuff happening right now? Blizzard fucked up so bad that they managed to unite Democrats and republicans together over the whole China thing. that NEVER happens. Nintendo has remained unusually quiet regarding the Overwatch port over, which is damning too. and then the outrage culture in general right now, over humanitarianism in Hong Kong. The one thing Blizzard did do well, was shine a blaring spot light on that mess and has people talking about it more; than before over that one dude who was banned and had his winning withheld, until back lash went into full throttle.
    And you think it won't happen? Lmao. Even if Blizzard drops a nuke on some country, Blizzcon will still happen. They already gave out digital rewards and probably have multiple expansions/new games to announce there. Don't be so naive, please. The whole Blitzchung thing will blow away and it already is blowing away after they reduced the ban and gave him his reward money.

There's still a few reporters talking about it, because they want to milk everything possible from a new source of news.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Lmao. Even if Blizzard drops a nuke on some country, Blizzcon will still happen.
    Ermmm... no, got to admit I think that if Blizzard nuked a country, they might be too busy being arrested and/or the building being under siege by America/United Nations than to continue hosting Blizzcon.

...But I DO get what you're saying! ;P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again... I agree, but think like current-Blizzard... not Gamer-Blizzard!

Think "We're going to make our big reveal a mobile whale-hunting game to this crowd of American PC gamers! What can go wrong?" Blizzard. :P
    Gamer Blizzard stopped existing long ago, they ran out of money and had to sell themselves to Vivendi. At that point they learned a simple lesson, money keeps the lights on and development going.

Big announcement, we're making a mobile game!

Blizzard fans - BOOOOOO!
    Riot fans - Hell yeah, I can play LOL and Teamfight Tactics on the go! WIN!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly this scenario is so far out there I don't see the point in even bringing it up. Noone, literally noone would be that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Honestly this scenario is so far out there I don't see the point in even bringing it up. Noone, literally noone would be that stupid.
    Please read past the part where I wrote:
    Now, before you say "Blizzard's not THAT stupid!" -
    ;P