Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    All these threads of fake leaks and speculation on 9.0, but 8.3 isn't even out, yet. I wouldn't be surprised if there was no blizzcon announcement about a new expansion.
    Yeah, this is why they made a full content preview, and shown everything on ptr about 8.3. So that they will have nothing WoW related to present at blizzcon. Man, you are such a genius!

To be honest, after the last year fiasco with Diablo Immortal, i don't have any expectactions.

I believe they will present infos about D4/OW/HS but not about next Wow expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by rikudo View Post
    but not about next Wow expansion.
    Where does this idea even come from? Like? Are you all drinking the same kool-aid?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Where does this idea even come from? Like? Are you all drinking the same kool-aid?
    Probably from same brainiacs who didn't believe that 8.3 exist.

Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    Then you'd be clueless.

- - - Updated - - -

They might still cancel it the way things are going right now. They are finally getting what they deserve.
    You are insane if you think they are going to cancel Blizzcon. Not having an event that you have sold thousands of virtual and real tickets to days before it would ony happen if they were closing up shop. As for the main question, there is no way they don't announce the next expansion the final raid tier is being tested now and will most likely be released before the year is out. Meaning the alpha testing for the next expansion isn't too far off.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see that happening. Wow has been around plenty long enough that we have a good idea on the cadence of expansion releases. It was a bit surprising that there wasn't at least a tiny tease at last year's Blizzcon. But at this point the next expansion will be due for reveal for sure.

The only scenario I see with no expansion announcement would be if we got some sort of Wow 2.0 tease, and to our surprise dev resources are already being shifted to it. With a new CEO who has his own strategy focused on quicker revenue generation. I could see them doing that. And Blizz has some work to do with hots all but dead, HS dealing with protest fallout, Diablo and SC almost forgotten franchises (from Blizzard's standpoint), Overwatch is wallowing at best. If I were in Blizzard leadership I'd be screaming from the mountaintops that they are way overdue on something new than just more DLC or expansions.

Do we need this Hong Kong bullshit in this topic TOO now? Or could people like, finally give the thing a rest and shut the fuck up about it? Maybe keep it in the OFFTOPIC/politics section? It's honestly getting real stupid to read in every other thread right now.

People will bring up the Hong Kong thing at Blizzcon. It would be better for them to cancel it at this point. Upset fans are meaningless to Blizzard. They've never cared. This Hong Kong thing has even reached the congress. They know they've fucked up.

LOL. That video is nothing more than congressman grandstanding for political favor. That means absolutely nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I guess we should keep politics out of this, but apparently these are the times: A gaming company DOES want to keep politics out of it, punishes a guy who hijacks their platform to protest and ends up being called the assholes and a target of protests and call for boycott.

In the end people protest against Blizzard instead of boycotting products from China (and maybe helping your local economy by paying a bit more money for regional products)

What a bunch of tools....well done internet..well done. I hear China chuckling in the distance
    People are protesting againt Blizzard because we know damn well the only reason they did it was out of fear they would be costing themselves money. If he had said something anti-Trump, Blizzard woudln't have done squat. You are beyond naive if you are buying the BS Blizzard is trying to sell here. This is all about protecting their wallet. Period.

And what if the sun goes up in the west... sorry, but why think of things that will not happen. A new WoW-Addon is definitively coming to blizzcon. 8.4 is definitively not coming and i'm quite fed with this "what if-scenarios". The reality is: xpack is coming, and blizzard needs to deliver; and i think this time they will deliver big.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    1) Please don't speak for all gamers. You don't, and neither do I

2) One very nasty thought I had is that if any major protests do happen, and combining Blizz possibly fucking up any game reveals, we could be potentially looking at the last Blizzcon ever - or at least a good chance Blizzcon 2020 being canceled after having 2 yearly back-to-back bad cons.
    Not going to happen. Good lord.

We are more than a year into the current expansion and patch x.3 is on the PTR, unless Blizzard has no further plans for WoW you can safely assume that a new xpac will be revealed this Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    LOL. That video is nothing more than congressman grandstanding for political favor. That means absolutely nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

People are protesting againt Blizzard because we know damn well the only reason they did it was out of fear they would be costing themselves money. If he had said something anti-Trump, Blizzard woudln't have done squat. You are beyond naive if you are buying the BS Blizzard is trying to sell here. This is all about protecting their wallet. Period.
    Yeah but people demanding protests at Blizzcon dont seem to understand a very important thing, the people which will be at Blizzcon have nothing to do with any decisions, it will be people low down in the hierarki working to help people or developers talking about the games they are creating.

And if it was true that people are just protesting a company protecting their income where is the outrage for Apple, Google, Facebook and all those companys, just look at all the shady shit Apple and Google done to alter search results, blocking forums and apps which where helping protesters in Hong Kong.

Feels kinda safe to say a expansion is going to be announced or else they would have saved the 8.3 information until Blizzcon.
    Last edited by Raven; 2019-10-20 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    And what if the sun goes up in the west... sorry, but why think of things that will not happen. A new WoW-Addon is definitively coming to blizzcon. 8.4 is definitively not coming and i'm quite fed with this "what if-scenarios". The reality is: xpack is coming, and blizzard needs to deliver; and i think this time they will deliver big.
    Pfft! :P

I agreed with everything, up until that last sentence.

Nah, it's been pretty obvious that Legion was the "Last Hurrah" and the game is now in a maintenance/drift mode.

Even I was one of those who joked about how Blizz semed to have "Team Awesome" and "Team Suckass" and alternated between expansions ( I know they say they're one team, but it rarely feels that way - just saying)... so, theoretically "Team Awesome" should be up - but I don't believe that applies anymore. I think the teams have been so divided up between other projects and have shuffled around enough post-Legion that we're just going to get another mediocre expansion.

It will appear big, because it will be something involving Arthas and the Scourge most likely... but it really won't be big at all when it is released/details shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah but people demanding protests at Blizzcon dont seem to understand a very important thing, the people which will be at Blizzcon have nothing to do with any decisions, it will be people low down in the hierarki working to help people or developers talking about the games they are creating.

And if it was true that people are just protesting a company protecting their income where is the outrage for Apple, Google, Facebook and all those companys, just look at all the shady shit Apple and Google done to alter search results, blocking forums and apps which where helping protesters in Hong Kong.

Feels kinda safe to say a expansion is going to be announced or else they would have saved the 8.3 information until Blizzcon.
    What the other companies do does not excuse Blizzard from being disingenuous clowns. Blizzard needs to be called out on it.

ANd, yes, and expansion will be announced. The record shows exapansion announcements always come the year between expansion releases. Since Blizzcon is the last big gaming convention of the year, the expansion will be announced.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2019-10-20 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    What the other companies do does not excuse Blizzard from being disingenuous clowns. Blizzard needs to be called out on it.
    What, exactly, was Blizzard disingenuous about?

Then you'd be clueless.

- - - Updated - - -

They might still cancel it the way things are going right now. They are finally getting what they deserve.

They are not going to cancel anything lol good lord you people.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    They are not going to cancel anything lol good lord you people.
    They already canceled the Overwatch event.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What, exactly, was Blizzard disingenuous about?
    People basically hate blizzard because they think blizzard is controlled by chinese government? Makes sense right? no. People have decided not to believe Baracks statement but rather believe Chinese twitter (weibo) which is pretty much used as propaganda tool for the government. So basically people hate blizzard for being controlled by chinese while they are letting their actions being controlled by one weibo post which is just a propaganda.

Makes sense right? Still doesn't.
    Last edited by Corroc; 2019-10-20 at 02:02 AM.

They already canceled the Overwatch event.
    its just a fraction of blizzcon. They are not canceling blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Rofl, why even have a Blizzcon then. To invite everyone to talk about Diablo Immortal and banning Hong Kong protests?
    You say this like a joke, but last Blizzcon was literally them announcing Diablo Immortal and the move towards new mobile games...