Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I dont want playable Ethereals, let them be mysterious as they are right now.

I would love being able to play a Man'ari Eredar Warlock or a Rogue. Out of every race in WoW they're at the top of my list. Even San'layn would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirathiel View Post
    I would love being able to play a Man'ari Eredar Warlock or a Rogue. Out of every race in WoW they're at the top of my list. Even San'layn would be fun.
    Kind of would bring some joy to warlocks since they lost meta for dhs.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    Kul Tirans use a new rig though.

The only difference between an "allied race" and a "new race" is that a allied race has to be unlocked and a new race has a 1-10 starting zone.
    They do, but blizzard has said this is more a technicality than anything. Originally they were supposed to use a pandaren rig, but there were a *lot* of problems that arose. That's why Kul Tirans weren't the first allied race available (they were intended to be in before Dark Irons). So, yeah, the *plan* with allied races is that they use pre-existing rigs still.

Only reason that I dont want them is because I don't want another elf race. I would actually find the San'layn to be a good fit in the horde as opposed to fancy pantsy mana addicts. However we have almost every brand of elf playable atm except for your Tolkien elf and if there is to be more elves I want the Tolkien kind. Night elves are close but they aren't quite what I want.
    Dafont Showbox Adam4adam
    Last edited by arsomartinera; 2019-11-04 at 02:04 AM.

Hot take, I kind of just want a bad guys faction. Man’ari, Ethereal, San’layn, Satyr, Mogu, Skeletons (Zem’Lan pirate troll skeletons) Botani.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Vulpera are a new race, yet an allied race for the Horde in 8.3.
    Vulpera's model is a goblin reskin. Ethereals would be a new race model, AND disconnected from present races (like Kul'Tiras).

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Yes they are much cooler than the light forged draenei and Void elves lol.Those could have been just added customization to the existing Blood elves and draenei.Instead Blizzard gave us 2 shitty allied races.At least Night born are a lot different than the night elves.They are not just a copy paste to the last detail of an existing race.They have similarities but they are not a copy paste shit.
    Also why were even Velves needed?Blizzard could have shut up with one swing the whole idiotic debacle about belves vs high elves by adding the former instead of the velves.
    And why were light forged even needed?Why not add playable broken?There is huge story behind them.And it even expanded with Legion.

Now lets talk about Man'Ari.They can be much more than a red race.Right now there is only Belf/Nelf DH.What if Man'Ari were added as a DH only race?Also they have much more customization than just red colour lol.Don't be stupid.Did you even play legion?There are so many different kinds of them.There are purple,red,gray,green,brown variants.
    I agree with everything, and i also don't get why the heck they never care about giving nice hairs to existent belves but give some dope to void elves, literally allied races quite annoy me. I just like Mag'har and Nightborne. Void elves are just beautiful but they make little sense, should have been high elves since start.

Nightborne have night elf skeleton but not quite, female open their legs alot. And their skins and faces are totally new. Void elves are just a copy of the belfs and made me annoyed that belfs have even less customization and exist since years and years than new stuff.
    And Mag'har could have been add to the customization too, just like night warrior eyes and skins + golden eyes for belfs.

I don't know, i don't like allied races much. I would prefer a total new race, like the ethereals.

3+ Year Old Account
    I love everything about the Ethereals and I want to be an Ologist just like Mamdy :[
    Just make their running animation have less of a 'distorted reality' look and we're in business. They can easily create a female variant of the model. Not sure why people act like that's a dealbreaker I mean, they added in female Eredar models for the sake of the Draenei right? There really is no technical issue on that level. Also, very few people care that they have no faces. And the people that do care can just display their helmets all the time. I don't like the ugly mug of many races in the game yet I'm not complaining about it. Is not having a face that much worse than having an ugly face? Furthermore, the "ugly" races being played is proof that our ability to identify with our characters is more nuanced than how they appear. With that line of reasoning... No faces, no problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Vulpera's model is a goblin reskin. Ethereals would be a new race model, AND disconnected from present races (like Kul'Tiras).
    ok, fine... Kul Tirans are a new Race, yet an Allied race for the Alliance. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They are not purely demons. They are enlightened race who joined the Legion for greater good. They are morally higher than elves so I don't see a problem.
    Man'ari are 100% considered demons in the lore. Their fel corruption became so intense that they became classified as demons.

And as for San'layn, they were wiped out during the war campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    ok, fine... Kul Tirans are a new Race, yet an Allied race for the Alliance. ;P
    ... Did you bother to read my entire one-line post before replying? I'll repeat:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Man'ari are 100% considered demons in the lore. Their fel corruption became so intense that they became classified as demons.
    Like Illidan, they are were not born demons so they are not purely evil. They fit in the Horde as well as blood elves and ex fel orcs.

And as for San'layn, they were wiped out during the war campaign.
    Not all of them. Even if one of them survives, he can bite some elves to reproduce his army.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I wanted to play an eredar warlock for a long time. Even had this backstory with the Rakeeshi sect being victims, turned into demons against their will, like Rakeesh. So they rebel against the Legion, but they're still pretty vicious, like any demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirathiel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalontas View Post
    I wanted to play an eredar warlock for a long time. Even had this backstory with the Rakeeshi sect being victims, turned into demons against their will, like Rakeesh. So they rebel against the Legion, but they're still pretty vicious, like any demon.
    Yea Man'ari warlock would be awesome.I'd like also a hunter.I still remember how cool was Hakkar the Houndmaster from the War of the ancients.

The classes i want from the Man'ari is a warlock,hunter,rogue.Also a DH but there should be some change in the lore.For instances elf DH making a contact with some of the Man'ari and turning them to their side.I want to see some interaction between Man'ari,draenei and DHers!
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2019-10-20 at 09:22 AM.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

7+ Year Old Account
    Like Illidan, they are were not born demons so they are not purely evil. They fit in the Horde as well as blood elves and ex fel orcs.
    they don't because orcs and blood elves are not demons, the horde is not a dumpster to put every shit we find, they don't fit at all

Not all of them. Even if one of them survives, he can bite some elves to reproduce his army.
    such thing trly should be encouraged, amright? sure the horde who now is a peaceful council would want that,think they learned their lesson with sylvanas and Draven.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I agree with everything, and i also don't get why the heck they never care about giving nice hairs to existent belves but give some dope to void elves, literally allied races quite annoy me. I just like Mag'har and Nightborne. Void elves are just beautiful but they make little sense, should have been high elves since start.

Nightborne have night elf skeleton but not quite, female open their legs alot. And their skins and faces are totally new. Void elves are just a copy of the belfs and made me annoyed that belfs have even less customization and exist since years and years than new stuff.
    And Mag'har could have been add to the customization too, just like night warrior eyes and skins + golden eyes for belfs.

I don't know, i don't like allied races much. I would prefer a total new race, like the ethereals.
    Exactly!You are spot on!Void elves,Mag'har and light forged draenei don't bring anything new.They are just a copy paste of the existing models with very little changes.As you say they could have been added to the current races customization kit.Just like yellow and black eyes are given to the Nelves and Belves.
    I enjoy a lot the night born.The skeleton is the same but the other changes are huge.The ears are up,the hair color,the eyes white colour,the skin colour,the accessories.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Exactly!You are spot on!Void elves,Mag'har and light forged draenei don't bring anything new.They are just a copy paste of the existing models with very little changes.As you say they could have been added to the current races customization kit.Just like yellow and black eyes are given to the Nelves and Belves.
    I enjoy a lot the night born.The skeleton is the same but the other changes are huge.The ears are up,the hair color,the eyes white colour,the skin colour,the accessories.
    By now we have so much variants of the races that we get confused, allied races are just re-skeletons and re-skins. I wanted a brand new race with a bran new city and brand new story to follow.
    High elves would make more sense to have existed instead of void elves cause high elves have been alliance since forever and they had to make up some story with alleria to make void elves be against horde and join alliance.

Blood elves are high elves that joined horde and called themselves blood elves after the corrupted sunwell, turning their eyes green and being slaughtered by Arthas and the scourge. And they could only be paladins back then because they drained the light of the naaru.
    Some High elves refused to drain mana from living creatures, and maintained their eyes blue. They still exist and have existed before all this themed void elves, and high elves have been alliance since ever. Void elves are a mess of a allied race. With a new formerly void Alleria that wasn't before Legion came out.

Mag'har orcs are the most original orcs there is and should even have been a customization type since the start of wow.

We could also get instead an allied race like Mok'Nathal (Rexxar) that would be new.

Nightborne/Highborne could have been both alliance and horde, but because of how Tyrande dealt with them, and Lyadrin took over giving them a home, they joined us the horde. They too were alliance but they got refused by Tyrande in Legion after suramar stuff.

Horde has been giving home to those who are homeless. Forsaken, Blood elves and Nightbornes. Therefore Horde ain't that bad tbh. Independent from what they can be capable of doing, the horde always embrace them when no one else does. (For the horde!!!)
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-10-20 at 10:17 AM.

According to all the lore I've read, man'ari are considered demons. They were even able to resurrect like demons were in the Twisting Nether.

San'layn are NOT traditional vampires. They do not create more san'layn by biting people. They're just blood elf death knights with vampiric abilities that were created by Frostmourne. With Frostmourne destroyed, the only known way to create san'layn was also destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    According to all the lore I've read, man'ari are considered demons. They were even able to resurrect like demons were in the Twisting Nether.

San'layn are NOT traditional vampires. They do not create more san'layn by biting people. They're just blood elf death knights with vampiric abilities that were created by Frostmourne. With Frostmourne destroyed, the only known way to create san'layn was also destroyed.
    Not quite...

I mean, the vampyr boss in Icecrown Citadel, Blood Queen Lana'thel, literally transforms the player into a vampyr by biting you.