Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Damn that was fast ... A popular wow youtuber makes a video talking about "oblivion" and suddenly there's an expansion "leak" titled Oblivion ...

I actually like this leak, besides the lack of Dragon Isles at the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I swear WoW Expansion leaks are the only thing crazier than Pokemon Next Gen leaks.

Honestly, I can't see a Neutral Alliance race that is a single starting faction ... to me in order to there needs to be some actual division in the subsets. The problem with Pandaren is that the Horde side just has a different philosophy than the Alliance's side, they don't have anything else to feel unique to each other because it is like never reference beyond the names and a bit in the starting zone.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Not bad, I'd play it if it were real.

Bringing Illidan back already is a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    However, the way they were presented at Blizzcon, as some form of w3-like strategic resource-based gameplay certainly had people excited, and if implemented better, they could be a great feature. If they took current Warfronts and improved them...I wouldn't mind. Though they would need A LOT of improvements.
    The problem with a strategic warfront is that you have 1-2 leaders that are actually strategic, and everyone else will still feel like peons.
    I suppose they could make it a smaller group experience with stronger NPC heroes that you can command, so that each individual player matters more, but as soon as the strategic challenge is actually meaningful/fun (ie. "hard"), it'll be problematic for many people that can be nothing but peons, and therefor still not enjoy it.

Such content is ... complicated.. to make appealing for the masses. And they probably realized that in BfA development.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    gonna say you drop the ball hard here:

that is bullshit

wha..?
    That's the only believable part. Blizzard has only given elemental asspull races to the Alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    That's the only believable part. Blizzard has only given elemental asspull races to the Alliance.
    the point neutral arakkoa make zero sense. even less in this plot.

I prefer World of Warcraft: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Way too busy.
    Yeah, this just got waaaay too busy for me too... It feels so disconnected too. Im actually waiting for a box leak XD LoL.

10+ Year Old Account
    The meta faction thing is basically just Aldors and Scryers, and can't be anything more than that or else raiding guilds will all be forced to take the same one to the detriment of player enjoyment. I get where this fakeleak was going with it, that the meta faction is how warmode is still working despite alliance and horde intermingling... but if Blizz has finally learned the faction divide is causing major issues, adding *another* divide ain't gonna help matters.
    Still, was a fun read.
    A simple change that can improve the female worgen:
    http://tinypic.com/r/1zq7p0g/7

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Now leakers even steal their names from other games already...
    Stop! You violated the law! Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence!

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Stop! You violated the law! Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence!
    Go to Jail
    Resist Arrest <---
    Pay Gold

When you know in the first 3 paragraphs that the leak is fake.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    These get funnier every time because it literally just takes current discussion in MMO-C and in the leak posts and mashes them together and stamped as 'leak'. Lmfao. I look forward to these more than the actual blizzcon.
    This. The ARs were so obviously copied from discussions in here, it wasn't even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    Go to Jail
    Resist Arrest <---
    Pay Gold
    Then pay with your blood!

You know, I actually like a lot of ideas here.

It falls apart at the new races for me. Why Mok-Nathal, rather than Ogres? That just sounds like fan fiction. Arakkoa Allied Race seals it for me. Arakkoa are never going to happen. Also, a neutral race is never going to happen again.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard for me to believe Blizzard can revamp just 1-60 content and still make a decent expansion and yet the OP thinks they will do 4 continents? Also, I really hope whatever the new expansion ends up being that it doesn't make us go back to Outland or Northrend, I want fresh stuff, not just a trip down nostalgia lane.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    It's hard for me to believe Blizzard can revamp just 1-60 content and still make a decent expansion and yet the OP thinks they will do 4 continents? Also, I really hope whatever the new expansion ends up being that it doesn't make us go back to Outland or Northrend, I want fresh stuff, not just a trip down nostalgia lane.
    WoW's team basically doubled during WoD then got another big influx of people when the Starcraft RTS was cancelled earlier this year. I think they can manage a revamp (note: a revamp where they're actually revamping, not a Cata revamp which was actually a total rebuild) and produce a full expansion at this point.

Northrend no way they'd have that ready at launch, Outland too? No way in H E L L.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    We need a leak megathread
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    We need a leak megathread
    The 9.0 general thread was supposed to be that.

The leakers didn't care.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)