Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    He thinks that if we have a civil war, China and Russia would totally back the Right wingers that would be treasonous to this country.
    Then kill them off after they are no longer useful.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Then kill them off after they are no longer useful.
    Exactly. Which is what would happen if a Civil war did break out, basically Red Dawn circa 1984. Not the Red Dawn 2014 where North Korea invades.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Right wing conspiracy theorist casts "Summon Friendly Mod"- It is super effective! @Mekh is KOed!
    I sent a message to a global about it. I suggest others do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    When you say that "the situations are different", the right wing localist movement wouldn't consider that code for "the situations are different because the US revolt would involve white people revolting and you are racist against white people". Even if you genuinely feel no racism towards whites, that is perhaps the absolute WORST statement to make. That would be highly inflammatory. Even if you didn't mean it, that is what they will infer.

The CORE of such a revolt would be grounded in the belief that the left is racist against whites. So, yah, what you wrote would be considered racist by them.
    The situations are different because Hong Kong is an autonomous area in China that the British gave back control with the stipulation that they were to remain autonomous from Chinese interference in their economy and the like. It would be the same as if Texas(using your example) were a territory of Mexico but was within the US borders and then were given control to the US with the condition that they were to remain autonomous from the US and then the US deciding to go against that and force their economy and laws onto Texas.

The example you are giving doesn't work as right wing people that live in the US are already part of the US to begin with. If someone doesn't like the rules on where they live, either vote to have them changed or leave. There is nothing stopping someone from finding a piece of land that has no jurisdiction and setting up their own.

Areas of the US that seceded would instantly have two HUGE allies in Russia and China. Both would have incredible incentive to make strong ties with such regions, to expand into North America and take advantage of the plentiful natural resources and educated population. They wouldn't go bankrupt. China and Russia would throw gobs of money at them in exchange for access.
    This is... wow. It's something.

I'm not sure where you're hatching this succession idea, but it's baseless. Are you even American? Have you been to America? The regionalism you're describing is irrelevant. The major divide in America is between urban and rural, not North / South / West or anything else. Major populations centers in the South are quite liberal. And in the north, rural regions are quite conservative. I live in one of the most liberal states in the country, and not only is the Republican Party strong here, but we have a Republican governor. Want to know what Massachusetts is to the Republican Party? One of the biggest piggy banks there is.

The entire "US headed Civil War" nonesense comes from Russian trolls online in its utmost origin. And what it is, is a type of projection. Because Russia does have a big long term regionalism problem and it's borders, unlike the United States' are entirely artificial. During the age of European Imperialism, the Russian stage of that meant expanding across Eurasia while the British and French made moves for Africa and South East Asia.

Internally, the US economy and US populations are too culturally, ethnically and politically heterogeneous for what you're describing to happen. Americans move widely across the country, and mingle with people from far flung areas. I lived most of my life, except my college and grad school years, in Massachusetts. My best friend, is from Central PA. He is currently living in Missouri. My brother married a jew from Pittsburgh. My New York suburban cousin moved to rural Colorado. Another moved to South Dakota. The jobs I'm looking at moving to (keeping my options open) are in Texas and California.

There is nothing unusual about what I described above. At all. It is what the American way of life looks like in the 21st century. Highly mobile. A lot of flux. Shallow roots.

The concern you express betrays a fundamental misunderstanding about Americans. Europeans historically have always thought Americans were going to butcher each other. But our Civil War was about the most important issue there was that was left unresovled from our founding - slavery, which is why sometimes the Union victory is called the second founding of the United States (much the same as the modern national founding myth of the UK is the Battle of Britain).

America was founded on disagreement and compromise. Americans are awesome at many things. But we're particularly awesome at fighing like hell with our neighbors over what we believe. But the American way is through the constitution. Through the courts. Through elections. The thing we all know deep down - our civic nationalist core - is tthat the PROCESS legitimizes. Not the leader and not guns. The process. The disagreements we have are natural and usually quite healthy. Europe historically has had little experience with this. In their history, when people yell at each other way they do here, it does lead to wars. But America's composition is just too different from anywhere else on Earth to make it comparable.

Even with Trump stuff. My best friend in the entire world is a Donald Trump supporter. I love him, his wife and their baby very much. They're the best. We've been through a lot together. But he, from central PA, is a fan of Trump. He isn't a MAGA hat wearing guy. He is just politically disconnected and finds things progressives say objectionable. I have not, and will never, let the our disagreement about Trump change anything about our friendship. He is the same. This is how _real_ Americans treat each other. We can get mad at each other. But few Americans truly hate each other.

Make no mistake, when people engage you about these crazy points you talk about, they're humoring you Your underlying thesis is so transparently ridiculous, that nobody takes it seriously. And for good reason. You're describing Russia. Or even China. Not the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I sent a message to a global about it. I suggest others do the same.
    OP has been peddling Reich wing talking points and citing outright conspiracy theories on the first fucking page.

What moderation considers bannable these days is...quite interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

sip.
    People in Hong Kong are protesting to preserve their local legacy of personal freedom and democracy. Things that the rest of China does not benefit from.

American "local" conservatives just want to preserve the rights to be racist, homophobic, sexist and to hold on to their guns so they shoot innocent people when they finally blow a gasket.

The two things are wildly different and in absolutely no sense comparable and trying to draw a parallel between them is as tangential as drawing a parallel between the Peace Corps and the Mongol Horde based on that fact that the participants in both breath oxygen and drank water.

There's no risk of a civil war started by crazy right wingers, what there is, is a further rise in domestic terrorism and hate crimes perpetrated by right wingers shooting up schools, concerts, places of worship inspired by the same bullshit conspiracy theories you are peddling here.

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread is all over the place with some arguments that are either inappropriate or forbidden. This will be closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."