Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    love this content

15+ Year Old Account
    This corruption stuff looks really fun !

So now we have to grind for the cloak to counter corruption from other gear?

Sounds a lot like "Grind your neck to activate the Azerite traits" to me... Does Blizz have any ideas beyond "Grind points for one item to make other items worth using"?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you wont because its pretty obvious what "corruption resistance " means.

the stronger wratharion cloak is the stronger positive effect you can have while negative effect will be negated.
    Yea, but they wont be used at the start of the patch because Wath Cloak is weak or you are still obtaining it.
    Also, we will see how those effects will hit us as players.
    I really dont see the reason why complicating my runs (even in Corrupted zones) in exchange for stats when there is not positive effect of it.
    It would be nice IF you get some minor reward for killing corrupted spawns from the debuff in corrupted zones.

Oh yea, tbh im really looking forward to this patch as a healer. To see all stupid ways in stupid accidents that PUGs will end up.
    It will probably hurt my pocket a little, but ey, it will be fun

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    So now we have to grind for the cloak to counter corruption from other gear?
    Sounds a lot like "Grind your neck to activate the Azerite traits" to me... Does Blizz have any ideas beyond "Grind points for one item to make other items worth using"?
    True, but again first thing that you actually grind were Thunderfury, Shadowmourne, to some extend Val'anyr, Fangs, MOP Legendary Cloaks, WoD Rings.
    Legion had its own system, but all expansions since vanilla had a legendary item to grind so this is nothing different.

But i agree with you, it does sound like a grind on top of the grind, specially since they are adding new Neck levels and additional essence slot (square one).

I really hope that they will have some nice animations like MOP ones used to have. Those were pleasing for the eyes.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2019-10-23 at 08:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you wont because its pretty obvious what "corruption resistance " means.

the stronger wratharion cloak is the stronger positive effect you can have while negative effect will be negated.

its not exackly rocket science to predict how it will end up .

also lol - healers are so screwed this patch . feel geniuinly sorry for the idiotic amount of troubles they will have because of this system.
    corruption =/= sanity

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not a fan of this system. Oh well... I guess we're stuck with it so I will just pretend I like it... :-)

It's a good system, way better than titanforging. Here's why:

Treat "Corruption forging" as "M+ affixes", but this time on your gear: as a player, you get/need experience on how deal with the downsides.
    As you get better, the less problematic the downsides become, but the more pieces you have equipped, it becomes harder and harder to manage them.

Thus, if players want to equip corrupted gear, they need to be skilled in handing the gear.
    It awards skill, not just luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    Yea, but they wont be used at the start of the patch because Wath Cloak is weak or you are still obtaining it.
    Also, we will see how those effects will hit us as players.
    I really dont see the reason why complicating my runs (even in Corrupted zones) in exchange for stats when there is not positive effect of it.
    It would be nice IF you get some minor reward for killing corrupted spawns from the debuff in corrupted zones.

Oh yea, tbh im really looking forward to this patch as a healer. To see all stupid ways in stupid accidents that PUGs will end up.
    It will probably hurt my pocket a little, but ey, it will be fun

True, but again first thing that you actually grind were Thunderfury, Shadowmourne, to some extend Val'anyr, Fangs, MOP Legendary Cloaks, WoD Rings.
    Legion had its own system, but all expansions since vanilla had a legendary item to grind so this is nothing different.

But i agree with you, it does sound like a grind on top of the grind, specially since they are adding new Neck levels and additional essence slot (square one).

I really hope that they will have some nice animations like MOP ones used to have. Those were pleasing for the eyes.
    i have a strange susption that sanity on cloak and corruption resistance are 2 different things

add to this ap

and you have 3 obligatory currencies to farm this patch

a)lol have fun with that
    b)alts are officialy unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Whiners: "OMFG TFING IS SHIT GET RID OF IT BLIZZ GIVE A BETTER SYSTEM!"

*Blizzard adds unique and relatively cool themed gear set/system*

Whiners before even testing it: "OMFG THIS NEW SYSTEM IS SHIT!!"

Is there anything you People don't bitch about? You have Classic now, go play that.

- - - Updated - - -

They do get it, which is why they remade Classic for the MouthBreathers of the World to have their simple game.
    I like your little play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    People are whining about healers as if Blizzard aren't going to tune damage around corruption effects, all this system does is give you some interesting choices and a little bit of risk/reward in your gearing - and remove the RNG of titanforging. The best of both worlds
    exept it doesnt - because now instead farming lower diffuclties for tf you will farm them for maximum possible corruption and sockets - and on top of it mandatory farm for corruption resistance currency .

so not only tf farm is still in game

yu have to deal with negative effects now

and are forced to grind additional currency

its a textbook definition of how toshoot yourself in foot with demands .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-10-23 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parhelion View Post
    It's a good system, way better than titanforging. Here's why:

Treat "Corruption forging" as "M+ affixes", but this time on your gear: as a player, you get/need experience on how deal with the downsides.
    As you get better, the less problematic the downsides become, but the more pieces you have equipped, it becomes harder and harder to manage them.

Thus, if players want to equip corrupted gear, they need to be skilled in handing the gear.
    It awards skill, not just luck.
    Regardless its not really a nerf or removal at all lol!plus if your a Class with some kind of pet this does nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Where is the guy who "leaked" corruption on gear + "some sort of currency" that reduces the corruption?

This please !

LOL at people thinking titanforges would get removed.

Be careful for what you wish for, Mr and Mrs. Playerbase.

Corrupted gear just looks like another new system full of flaws and issues yet again, why does EVERYTHING blizz design lately have to have a negative effect, its just another "idea" they'v had to replace the old Tire sets which couldn't be any further from tier if the tried.

What's so hard in just making gear with positives like Benthic gear, this system is just awful by design and going off every new system Blizz have designed over the past 4 years it will no doubt be full off issues and bugs, Blizz just can't design anything with fun involved anymore, Titanforging was probably the worst thing ever introduced into the game and this doesn't look like its going to be any "improvement" at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    ah now the saying " power corrupts absolute power corrupts absolutely " comes into play . this will be fun.

This corruption system reminds me of Sword of Khaine from Total War: Warhammer 2 and from Warhammer universe...Seem interesting and ..fun I guess.

Am I the only one that noticed that the cloak only has 23 corruption, but the debuff examples shown are for 100+ corruption?

I am tentatively intrigued. This means that normal gear actually has a place now. If a player gets lucky with two BiS corrupted items, but one of them puts them over cap, they can wear a normal piece until they get their cloak high enough. Or just avoid corrupted gear entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post
    This corruption stuff looks really fun !
    Gonna sound great until you have a huge weapon upgrade sitting unused in your bag because you haven't ground up enough resistance to be allowed to use it in your raid.

This is a "fun on paper" idea that is going to piss people off more than TFing in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Regardless its not really a nerf or removal at all lol!plus if your a Class with some kind of pet this does nothing at all.
    I fail to see how this has to do anything with pet classes.

No, it’s not removal - it’s the opposite: an upgrade.
    It’s a nerf, though in a sense you need skill to fully utilize it.