Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Maybe the legendary also reduces it

- - - Updated - - -

I mean the idea of RNG buffs to items

Could rename system next expansion but I don't see the vocal minority being ok with this for long
    Oh they're already not okay if the other thread is any indication. The "I want gear back to the way it was pre-MoP" crowd will not be satisfied until, well, gear is back to the way it was pre-MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You can cleanse gear of corruption at the Heart Forge. Maybe costs currency, I haven't checked yet.

The whole idea is you stack what corruption you can personally handle to get the boost. Really skilled players can stack more corruption because they'll be able to mitigate the drawbacks through skillful play. And if you can't handle the corruption on a piece of gear, you cleanse it.
    I will admit it's a very nice limiter mechanic. Something of a compromise between the "I like Gear with uniqueness" and "I only want primary stats" crowds that ultimately only pleases the former.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

So how much raw damage it provides? Negative effects aside

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The system seems interesting. Though I don't think it solved the problem of "BIS is whatever has the highest Titanforging." Just reworded it to "BIS is whatever has the maximum Corruption of your most useful flavor."
    How is +60% dmg taken and -60% healing received" a good thing? did i miss something?

10+ Year Old Account
    don't know if I like this new trend of equipped items adding boss mechanics to your character.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    So how much raw damage it provides? Negative effects aside
    Looks like fairly minor (2-4%) boosts to secondary stats mostly, and a few that give you passive health regen or cooldown reductions.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    How is +60% dmg taken and -60% healing received" a good thing? did i miss something?
    That buff is from your total corruption. Corruption is gained from gear with nice bonuses like +5% haste from all sources.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    That's just the bad buff you get. The useful thing is something like all healing done +2% oder total haste or crit +2%. The positive effects are really powerful but so are the bad buffs. The mob that can spawn will scale with your corruption and will get more health and do more damage and will attack all players. The void patches also grow in size, increase their damage and will spawn more often the more corruption you have and will affect other players (at least at the moment).

On the one hand you gain very powerful buffs that are stronger than any itemlevel increase could ever be, on the other hand if you stack too much corruption you can wipe your group or raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any interaction with Gift of N'Zoth?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Oh they're already not okay if the other thread is any indication. The "I want gear back to the way it was pre-MoP" crowd will not be satisfied until, well, gear is back to the way it was pre-MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

I will admit it's a very nice limiter mechanic. Something of a compromise between the "I like Gear with uniqueness" and "I only want primary stats" crowds that ultimately only pleases the former.
    I mean I do not like war forging or RNG gym stats I am okay with tertiary stats being random because those are fun being reduction of area of effect damage or an increase in movement speed which means for a lot of classes a DPS increase

This change I think is the beginning to something that could be great and don't get me wrong it is a great change

If this system if handled correctly can allow a new level of depth to gearing that we have been missing for the last 3 expansions

If for example my monk can get an increase on crit by 2% from all sources and I have an unused trinket that gives me a ton of crit and I also have another item that gives me extra versatility and I already have a ton on my gear but the drawback to having those two buffs is that I have to deal with a void zone spawning I'm okay with that because I know not to push the gear too hard

The only downside is if I have a heroic ring for example that gives me 2% extra damage and healing and then I get the mythic ring to drop but it's not accompanied by a bonus then I will not equip that ring because the current gearing system that we have rings are just useful for secondary stats

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Yeah I just wish we had more control, less RNG. But I suppose there has to be an element of randomness.

But I'm also in the camp that Blizzard needs to design way more interesting items and stats. So I appreciate these as well.

The OP updated his post since I posted. It seems like a genuinely well thought out idea!

It will be interesting to see where this goes.
    I want blizzard to have fun with gear again like I want to be able to go into a raid and not see three different swords that just have a different combination of stats but maybe one of them is like the sword from Jaina and another one is like the mace from behemoth

10+ Year Old Account
    This mechanic seems too smart for average WoW player.

I bet people will be oneshotting themselves and what not and many of them won't even have clue why it happens or how to prevent it.

Overall it also depends on tuning. If that Grand Delusions adds will really hit for what screenshot shows, then getting more than 39 total corruption will be a suicide in Mythic raiding.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ooooh I’m a big fan. Gear is meaningless to me unless it has some sort of cool effect and even if it’s a negative It’s better then a boring stat stick.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are a number of rings in the new raid that will spice things up.. Such as a over healing one, where you ignore a set amount of healing for a period of time.. Another has it that at 25% health you taunt everything around you to attack you.. lol

Doesn't really adress the desire of many people to just want to have a simple item progression without extra added bells and whistles via RNG, grinds for RNG and more RNG. I also wasn't a huge fan of "you gain this nice effect, but now you constantly have to jump through this hoop to compensate" in the 2 boss inter-tier raid. This only seems interesting if the extra effect is REALLY strong.

But we don't have all the info yet, we will see. Feels more like roided up benthic gear so far.

Edit: Feels like you will have to carry around alot of extra gear to adjust for scenarios where these effects are just not tolerable in raids or m+.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-10-23 at 05:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does one exactly sim "Stay out of corruption circles that you spawn" or "fighting mobs you spawn"?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    How does one exactly sim "Stay out of corruption circles that you spawn" or "fighting mobs you spawn"?
    Worst case approach. You have to move out of it, size is effected by corruption stat, which is just a stop to dps time, fighting mobs just costs you dps that doesn't go to the boss (or ends up as meter padding). The only thing you can't really sim is the raid impact since that would require intimate knowledge of the raid composition and their individual performance level.

No chance any raid will allow you to spawm wipe zones anyway though..

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to be a nay sayer but this is "change" to titan forging is for me a complete step in the wrong direction. They have taken benthic gear and just added it into the titan forging system creating yet another layer of BS RNG.

So now not only will it feel shit when your gear doesn't fully titanforge/corrupt there is another layer of disappointment when you don't get the BIS affix you want for that gear or you can end up with really powerful ilvl gear in your bags that you just can't use like benthic?

At least with benthic gear, if you could stomach opening 50-100 gloves for example you would eventually get your socketed poens so you had something to work towards with pearls, and you could ignore the 425 and replace it with 440 mentally as you add the value of the socket. Those items should have been a mix of boss drops and crafted gear however imo.

All this new system is, in a nut shell is now we have to roll 7777 on the slot machine instead of 777 to win the jackpot. Nothing but additional fluff to keep that treadmill running

not sure what i think about this before ive tried it on ptr.
    but im skeptical and have alot of questions. i even fear that i will beg for titanforging after a patch with this.
    how do we get corruption on gear? is it just random like titanforging? i bet it is. which alone makes it at least as bad a system as titanforging.
    how do we cleanse our gear? is the cleanse permanent? i bet it is. its gonna feel great to be forced by your raidleader to cleanse your gear (because the healers are bad obviously ). and the discussion if you should cleanse or not, will be very enjoyable for all parts!
    Last edited by mojusk; 2019-10-23 at 07:55 AM.

As a monk I welcome any and all random add spawns because Ring of Peace is boss

Quote Originally Posted by villie View Post
    Sorry to be a nay sayer but this is "change" to titan forging is for me a complete step in the wrong direction. They have taken benthic gear and just added it into the titan forging system creating yet another layer of BS RNG.

So now not only will it feel shit when your gear doesn't fully titanforge/corrupt there is another layer of disappointment when you don't get the BIS affix you want for that gear or you can end up with really powerful ilvl gear in your bags that you just can't use like benthic?

At least with benthic gear, if you could stomach opening 50-100 gloves for example you would eventually get your socketed poens so you had something to work towards with pearls, and you could ignore the 425 and replace it with 440 mentally as you add the value of the socket. Those items should have been a mix of boss drops and crafted gear however imo.

All this new system is, in a nut shell is now we have to roll 7777 on the slot machine instead of 777 to win the jackpot. Nothing but additional fluff to keep that treadmill running
    You do realise that you probably won't be able to wear more than 1-2 corrupted items, at least early in the patch, without killing yourself?

More rng just what we wanted