10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I was told they already have the votes, how am I misrepresenting that?
    By claiming that "having the votes" means the investigation should be over.

That's a bullshit misrepresentation of procedure, and I don't believe for one second you actually believe that nonsense.

If they have the votes then they have the evidence, or do you say they have the votes before they have the evidence? which is it, it can only be one or the other.
    This already got answered. So I'll repeat.

Just because you've got someone dead to rights on one murder, you keep investigating the details of the other 5 you still suspect them of committing.

They have enough evidence to vote to impeach. They do not have all the evidence, so the investigation continues. Because impeachment isn't the end of the process. It's the first step. There's criminal investigations and charges that come afterward.

You're just lying about basic concepts and procedure. No investigation halts itself halfway and says "okay, that's enough".

I was told they already have the votes, how am I misrepresenting that? If they have the votes then they have the evidence, or do you say they have the votes before they have the evidence? which is it, it can only be one or the other.
    Breccia already answered you.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Just because you have someone dead to rights for one murder, doesn't mean you fail to investigate and prosecute for the other five they're suspected of.
    You can have evidence of one crime, and still gather evidence for others.

It's not a hard concept to grasp, you're honestly just trolling at this point.

Just ignore zenkai at this point. He is repeating the same tired lines and is not posting for discussion purposes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why Zenkai who idolizes Trump prefer the investigation to be over.. gee I can't think of a reason at all.

/s
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    By claiming that "having the votes" means the investigation should be over.

That's a bullshit misrepresentation of procedure, and I don't believe for one second you actually believe that nonsense.

This already got answered. So I'll repeat.

Just because you've got someone dead to rights on one murder, you keep investigating the details of the other 5 you still suspect them of committing.

They have enough evidence to vote to impeach. They do not have all the evidence, so the investigation continues. Because impeachment isn't the end of the process. It's the first step. There's criminal investigations and charges that come afterward.

You're just lying about basic concepts and procedure. No investigation halts itself halfway and says "okay, that's enough".
    Do you allow the murder to go free and to continue to murder while investigating? They can't continue to investigate once they vote to impeach?

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Just ignore zenkai at this point. He is repeating the same tired lines and is not posting for discussion purposes.
    I don't understand his avatar, either. "Any functioning adult - 2020", but he goes out of his way to defend and try to make Trump look good?

I'm not, but if they have the votes, why don't they do it?

- - - Updated - - -

But if they have the votes why wait?

- - - Updated - - -

Not scared of anything, it's no skin off my back if he gets impeached I just want to know if they have the votes to impeach as was stated, then why are they holding it up, if they have the votes then that means they already feel they have enough evidence. To have the votes without evidence, well that would be something wouldn't it?
    Haha, fastest impeachment in history somehow isn't fast enough. This is really the best you people have?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Haha, fastest impeachment in history somehow isn't fast enough. This is really the best you people have?
    I'm not against impeachment if criminal evidence is found, I am more of a "shit or get off the pot" approach. I thought they had enough evidence with the Mueller report.

House Republicans stormed the hearing room where Pentagon official was testifying
    As Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Laura Cooper was sitting down to testify, the roughly couple dozen Republicans stormed through the three different doors, a source in the room said.

Rep. Bradley Byrne yelled in committee Chair Adam Schiff's face, but Schiff didn't engage. Other Democrats, including Val Demings, screamed back at both Byrne and Rep. Louie Gohmert, who were yelling about the process.

"It was closest thing I've seen around here to mass civil unrest as a member of Congress," according to a source in the room.
    Cooper left the room while the Republicans refused to leave.

The source says the Capitol Police and sergeant at arms have been consulted as members refuse to leave the room.
    Talk about desperation.

A bit more about it
    Last edited by Moonstream; 2019-10-23 at 04:15 PM.
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

I'm not against impeachment if criminal evidence is found, I am more of a "shit or get off the pot" approach.
    Congress isn't meant to be fast and they have to do the investigation themselves since Barr is not only implicated but tried to quash the whole thing. Also who are you kidding you are against impeachment and removal of your god king, they have admitted the crime so many times now your "if" is a joke. Trump, Mulvaney and the gang are yelling we killed someone and you keep saying well if they murdered someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    Talk about desperation.
    Indeed. If they really wanted transparency, they have far bigger problems than this closed-door hearing, and that's Trump refusing to share anything with anyone.

Nobody is allowed to say "this closed-door hearing breaks precedent" without saying "I mean, except for all those subpoenas Trump blocked and also where are his taxes?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you allow the murder to go free and to continue to murder while investigating? They can't continue to investigate once they vote to impeach?
    No. They can't continue to investigate once they vote on articles of impeachment. At that point, the House of Representatives isn't involved in the process.

This isn't even a question I should have to answer. The answer is so fucking obvious that wasting everyone's time by asking it is just an attempt to mislead or derail.

The question revolves around the statement "they already have the votes", if they already have the votes then that means they already have the evidence they need, no?
    One offense is impeachable, obviously there’s evidence of more offenses.

Your orange god is super corrupt.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...s-trump-055688

So Republicans are just going to barge into hearings they're not allowed to, bringing in cell phones to secure locations and disrupting everything?

How fucking terrified they must be to pull a bullshit stunt like this. They're panicking. Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

So Republicans are just going to barge into hearings they're not allowed to, bringing in cell phones to secure locations and disrupting everything?

How fucking terrified they must be to pull a bullshit stunt like this. They're panicking. Hard.
    That reminds me, can they pull the stunt that Republicans pulled in one of the states with the eventual vote? I barely remember, but I think there was this story where they just up and left so that a vote couldn't be held. Could that happen here too?

10+ Year Old Account

Capitol police should bring out the batons if they won't comply with the rules.

Especially breaches in security like bringing their phones in secured areas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    That reminds me, can they pull the stunt that Republicans pulled in one of the states with the eventual vote? I barely remember, but I think there was this story where they just up and left so that a vote couldn't be held. Could that happen here too?
    No.

If they just leave, their vote just won't count.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's incredibly refreshing to see an honest person on the Intelligence Committee.

"Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Could that happen here too?
    It would not block the vote itself, but they might still do that, so they don't have to put their name on a "no" vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Capitol police should bring out the batons if they won't comply with the rules.

Especially breaches in security like bringing their phones in secured areas.
    Not batons, but they should absolutely be removing them immediately. If they're not complying, they can be carried out if necessary. If they're still not complying, zip-tie their hands and remove them.

This is beyond bullshit. This is some true Banana Republican bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not batons, but they should absolutely be removing them immediately. If they're not complying, they can be carried out if necessary. If they're still not complying, zip-tie their hands and remove them.

This is beyond bullshit. This is some true Banana Republican bullshit.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on the methods of removal. It's not like most of the GOP can lose braincells they don't have from being gently whacked in the head.