Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Back to Legion Afflication we go

-Drain Soul damage increased by 50%.
    -Nightfall now increases the damage of Shadow Bolt by 50% (was 25%), and now activates 33% more often.

dark era of afflication is ending. this spec needs drain and finally we can use DS !

Quote Originally Posted by perechon View Post
    -Nightfall now increases the damage of Shadow Bolt by 50% (was 25%), and now activates 33% more often.

dark era of afflication is ending. this spec needs drain and finally we can use DS !
    Yeah BFA affliction has sucked. Now if they just get rid of UA stacking and make it not cost soul shards the spec will be good to go.

That's all I needed to enjoy the spec a lot more again. Drain FTW.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Yeah BFA affliction has sucked. Now if they just get rid of UA stacking and make it not cost soul shards the spec will be good to go.
    aff has been sucking since WoD and the removal of snapshoting imo

It's sucked ever since they changed soul shards into the resource/mechanic that we have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by perechon View Post

Probably still be running nightfall and not drain, since drain was so bad that taking no talent was more dps than picking drain.

Drain soul sim higher at the moment, however doesnt scale with stats, meaning that even if sim higher this could change with the new raid gear, so probably will only be good for the firsts runs in the new raid, after that deathbolt will take over; unless this get addressed by blizzard wont have a real change beside the nerf to our single target.

https://gyazo.com/2b39d24341b4dba23e1246803e0950fa

Will DS be better than DB now since DS benefits from mastery?

Feel like the nightfall proc will make that the go too for any sim with light movement and above...
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Probably still be running nightfall and not drain, since drain was so bad that taking no talent was more dps than picking drain.
    This is wrong, sims are showing drain is the best talent as far as I've seen.

I am open to Drain Soul as a filler, but making UA a generic-ass dot? Literally just DoT and Drain? That'd be dreadfully boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedevil View Post
    Feel like the nightfall proc will make that the go too for any sim with light movement and above...
    DS is good on movement too because you get partial ticks. DS was always superior mechanically to sbolt. The spec is also basically GCD capped so nightfall will feel bad to play with as well on top of being inferior.

I wish they bring back MOP affli lock- true multi-dotter class

Lol it only took them 3/4 of an expac to listen to everyone saying that drain > SB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Lol it only took them 3/4 of an expac to listen to everyone saying that drain > SB
    It took them a full expansion to listen to everyone saying that SB > drain.

Also "everyone" lulz. I bet it tomorrow they remove Shadow Bolt in favor of Drain full time, you'd have torrents of tears here, so probably having both around is the best choice after all.

I think the ideal affliction was either Cataclysm or MoP. Legion felt good with the drain though, but the pruning made it feel imcomplete compared to previous iterations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    so probably having both around is the best choice after all.
    Yes this. I personally prefer shadow bolt. I had high hopes when I first saw them add drain soul and nightfall in alpha that it would give use a real choice, so that those who want to SB can, and those that prefer DS can choose that.

We all know how that worked out, but hopefully the current change will make it a choice again. Choice is good.

I think the ideal affliction was either Cataclysm or MoP. Legion felt good with the drain though, but the pruning made it feel imcomplete compared to previous iterations.
    Of course Legion MOP (second half of the expansion) felt good, it was as overpowered as Shadow Priests are now

I would like a version of affliction like that though where I really felt "tanky" and "healy", just toned down a bit so it's not ridiculous. Strong enough to be noticeable, but not so strong that we're immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Yes this. I personally prefer shadow bolt. I had high hopes when I first saw them add drain soul and nightfall in alpha that it would give use a real choice, so that those who want to SB can, and those that prefer DS can choose that.

We all know how that worked out, but hopefully the current change will make it a choice again. Choice is good.

Of course Legion MOP (second half of the expansion) felt good, it was as overpowered as Shadow Priests are now

I would like a version of affliction like that though where I really felt "tanky" and "healy", just toned down a bit so it's not ridiculous. Strong enough to be noticeable, but not so strong that we're immortal.
    Since when is being immortal a problem? Lol. Warlocks have been broken and immortal since it's inception in Classic. Look at the current dueling tournament. Warlocks are at the top. This class design was created to be an immortal tank but do to dmg in a slow way and ramp up. That's the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmguitar View Post
    Since when is being immortal a problem? Lol. Warlocks have been broken and immortal since it's inception in Classic.
    Spoken like someone who clearly has no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Spoken like someone who clearly has no idea.
    Coming from someone who apparently doesn't get sarcasm.