Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

What is the most emotional thing you have seen on screen?

Can be any screen , movie , phone , computer or TV screen

Inspired by tonight's Corrie

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post

Hands down.
    S.H.

Gets to me every time.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I cried so hard I couldnt breathe, same with my sister. It fucked us up. Also idk if its sad on its own, you might need to watch the movie to understand. Called Hachi: A Dog's Tale

Edit : Fuck, I watched it again and cried my eyes out.
    Last edited by melkesjokolade; 2019-10-25 at 07:37 PM.

if you have seen the show this one is quite emotional

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post

Gets to me every time.
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

I'm not even a father (yet), but for some reason that scene in Interstellar where Cooper watches 23 years worth of clips of his kids growing just got to me.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post

I cried so hard I couldnt breathe, same with my sister. It fucked us up. Also idk if its sad on its own, you might need to watch the movie to understand. Called Hachi: A Dog's Tale

I hate you too

- - - Updated - - -

Since these two assholes turned me into a blubbering mess I guess I should contribute.

Won't link though; too many. But basically every video of soldiers getting home after lengthy tours when their dog sees them for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

5+ Year Old Account
    There have been two moments in my life where I've come close to shedding a tear while watching something. The first was WALL-E. The second was this:

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post

It was in some season of Spartacus, forgot which one, there was this girl who was a servant and basically sex slave for the rich family, basically doing whatever they asked and getting raped by juiced up gladiators every night. She ended up getting out I don't even remember how and it felt like a salvation, that was all in the first half of the season, several episodes go by and in the last or second to last episode we see her again, she got caught and was chained up in the middle of the arena to be executed. The whole scene was made as if someone was gonna stop it from happening but nope, she just gets reverse impaled from neck to guts and it's sad as fuck because it made all her struggles and escape for nothing just as we had forgotten her, thinking she was living a good life.

I actually found the clip after writing all this and I completely forgot how all the other female characters (who knew about the shit she went through) are just crying speechless while looking at her, knowing they can't do anything to help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blahdiblah View Post
    if you have seen the show this one is quite emotional

There's a lot of good emotional scenes in this show. When his friend gets beat to death in jail, when the other dude finds out his daughter was burned to death in a fucking garbage container, man I miss that show.
    Last edited by CrawlFromThePit; 2019-10-25 at 07:55 PM.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This dance scene. Obvious spoilers for Always Sunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Bit of back story, Kevin's maths teacher had been tutoring him. When Kevin really needed him the teacher had to turn him down because something came up. Kevin then says "I thought we were friends" the teacher replies " No Mr Arnold i'm your teacher". So a couple of days Mr Collins gives out the exam and Kevin purposely turns in the wrong answers. Mr Collins tries to talk to Kevin about the exam but Kevin storms off. The next day Kevin goes to the staff room to find Mr Collins only to find out he died of a heart attack that morning. Kevin is devastated that he didnt get the chance to make his peace with Mr Collins. The deputy head mentions that he couldnt find Kevin's term paper and that he has to retake it. He realises that Mr Collins never submitted it, giving Kevin the chance to ace the test.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Western television

• Star Trek the Next Generation (Best of Both World part 1): The sheer terror of the unstoppable, robotic Borg. When it seems like the captain is gone and they'll have to kill him. (Yesterday's Enterprise): When the crews of the two Enterprises sacrifice themselves. (The First Duty): When Picard confronts Wesley. (All Good Things): that feeling of nostalgia for the golden age. When they all reunite. When they sacrifice themselves.

Western film

• Return of the Jedi: Luke throws away his Lightsaber, knowing he will almost certainly die.
    • Up: The first five minutes.
    • Toy Story 3: That feeling of despair when Andy has grown up, having forgotten his toys, have a golden age long since past. When the Toys fall into the furnace.
    • Interstellar: Cooper leaving his daughter on bad terms, and then returning to the ship from the water planet to see the videos, finding out his daughter and son have grown up hating him.

Anime

• Berserk (1997): The ending in which Griffith betrays the Band of the Hawk and everybody dies horribly.
    • Pokemon: Ash parts with Butterfree. Ash loses the League for the first time.
    • Fate/Zero: The end of the Holy Grail War. All of the good guys lose, having failed to achieve their dreams.
    • Seirei no Moribito: The ending, in which Chagum says goodbye.
    • Naruto: The Pain invasion arc. [spoiler]Your home is being destroyed, your neighbors slaughtered left and right, your friends struggling to save their town. Heroic sacrifices left and right. The despair. Naruto meeting his father. Naruto returning to town feeling at peace, and then being joyfully received by his people.
    • Kekkai Sensen: Leonardo and Nej. The ending. We find out about the MacBeth family. Leonardo saves William.
    • My Hero Academia S3: [spoiler]All Might vs All for One. All Might's golden age is long since past and he is unable to keep up with AFO. AFO reveals the horrible truth. All Might's despair. When the people cheer All Might on, despite his pitiable condition.
    • One Punch Man: [spoiler]When Mumen Rider stands up to the Deep Sea King to buy time, knowing he will almost certainly die.

Games

• Fate/Stay Night: Shirou confronts Archer in the Einzbern mansion. Shirou continuing on to fight Kirei even as his body is falling apart and he is losing his mind.
    • Shadow of the Colossus: The ending.
    • The Banner Saga: The ending.
    • Trails in the Sky: When the orphanage burns.
    • Ao no Kiseki (Trails to Azure): Invading Crossbell air space during the final day.
    • Trails of Cold Steel: When Elise runs off. The joy of the school festival. The entire ending.
    • Trails of Cold Steel 2: [spoiler]Rean's despair at the beginning. Rean reunites with Machias. The invasion of Ymir. Rean escaping the Pantagruel with Alfin. The senseless death of Vulcan. The entire sequence at the top of the Infernal Tower. Rean apologizing to Towa. The ending where everybody parts ways, their golden age together having ended.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-10-25 at 08:29 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post

I was about to post this, but not only because of the scene or the movie, but mostly because i can relate to it in some way.

When i was a kid, i had an akita called Sushi. We used to live in a small town, in a house with plenty of free space for him. But when i was 11 y/o, my parents decided to move to a bigger city, and to live in an an apartment, so they decided to give Sushi to a very amorous family they knew.

A few weeks later, the family phoned us asking for advices, because Sushi wouldn't drink, eat and was always sad and depressed. We decided to visit him, and according to the family, it was the first time he wagged his tail after weeks ! He was really, really happy and pissed all over the floor. When we had to leave, he noticed it and started to cry desperately. But my father and my mother said he would be fine, he eventually would get used to the new family and stuff, so we went back home. In the car, my mother couldn't help and started to cry, so that moment i noticed they were lying to me.

After a few more weeks, the family phoned us and told us Sushi died due to depression. That was the first and only time i saw my dad crying.

So yeah, all the time i see anything related to Hachi, and this movie, i remember Sushi and my eyes get moistened. Akitas are really the most loyal dogs in the world, and they will love you until their last breath.

Your mom's myfreecams show.

Trolling isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-10-25 at 09:26 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    I was about to post this, but not only because of the scene or the movie, but mostly because i can relate to it in some way.

When i was a kid, i had an akita called Sushi. We used to live in a small town, in a house with plenty of free space for him. But when i was 11 y/o, my parents decided to move to a bigger city, and to live in an an apartment, so they decided to give Sushi to a very amorous family they knew.

A few weeks later, the family phoned us asking for advices, because Sushi wouldn't drink, eat and was always sad and depressed. We decided to visit him, and according to the family, it was the first time he wagged his tail after weeks ! He was really, really happy and pissed all over the floor. When we had to leave, he noticed it and started to cry desperately. But my father and my mother said he would be fine, he eventually would get used to the new family and stuff, so we went back home. In the car, my mother couldn't help and started to cry, so that moment i noticed they were lying to me.

After a few more weeks, the family phoned us and told us Sushi died due to depression. That was the first and only time i saw my dad crying.

So yeah, all the time i see anything related to Hachi, and this movie, i remember Sushi and my eyes get moistened. Akitas are really the most loyal dogs in the world, and they will love you until their last breath.
    Thats terrible sad I would never give a dog away theyre too loyal and like family.

Does like...the entire climax of Oldboy count? (the Korean one, not the shitty remake) It's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tear up a little bit at the end of "E.T." even today.

I have a strong emotional response to the end of "Field of Dreams" because Dad and I used to play catch all the time. He's gone now and I miss him.

Last I guess is "Shawshank Redemption." Hard movie for me to watch as excellent as it is.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The ending of the game Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons gutted me alive.

The best stories of any medium utilize that medium in the story, and this was the first one that I experienced that really utilized the controller for that.

Journey is definitely up there. It is, hands down, the most beautiful thing I've seen in my entire life, real or fiction. An incredible symphony of art and music, shared with a total stranger.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-10-25 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will cry: