10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Mentioning becoming Ubisoft reminds me of the Odyssey thread where people defended microtransactions in a single player game. So clearly there's nothing wrong with trying to generate more cash with a shop based on this forum and all the love heaped on it.
    My only real issue with Odyssey was that, by the end, it really fell into the Ubisoft trap of "visit waypoint, get collectible, clear base, repeat" cycle. The story and gameplay were fine, and I couldn't care less about the inclusion of entirely optional and unnecessary microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Where in there was the -Fallout- game tho'? Because as we go back in games it never was really a game about looting or building. It only might share similiarities in surviving.
    In the writing and the setting. That's all straight-up Fallout, and I'd argue it's as good as anything from Fallout 3 on in that respect.

Fallout first and foremost was the RPG that introduced real choices and consequences to the RPG world and always worked on having different options and different outcomes depending on what you choose and how you approach matters. I am pretty sure the term 'choices and consequences' was coined with the first Fallout game.
    About the only thing Fallout did "new", there, really, was giving you a panel in the ending montage that talked about the long-term effects. That's not really gameplay, at all. And even there, it was mostly binary stuff; you either did the good thing, or the bad thing.

And all of the subsequent games (Excluding FO4 in real sense instead of few scripted railroaded options) did have these aspects and worked based on idea that whatever you do in the world matters. The survival aspect came from scarcity of loot and inventory space.
    It's hard to say that Fallout 76 doesn't have that, because what you're talking about is the ending slideshow of prior games. Fallout 76 doesn't have that, because it doesn't end.

There's also a lot of optional stuff you can choose to not do. It's just that most players will, for completion's sake, and because they're going to keep playing; there's no ending to rush to.

FO76 has only the 'survival' aspects while it sheds about everything else that made Fallout what Fallout is, to far further extent than FO4 ever did and that already was abomination to the legacy of the serie.
    Your entire argument here is about the ending slideshow. The actual writing in the game itself is still all there, and there's arguably more of it than there was in Fallout 4.

10+ Year Old Account

I realy wonder why they are so cheap to use amazon servers.
    https://aws.amazon.com/pricing/
    Here are prices:
    https://aws.amazon.com/s3/pricing/
    They are totaly ripping people off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To be clear, before someone tries to call me out, I've always said the launch was a shitshow but there was a decent Fallout game in there somewhere. Which I still believe. But the subcription bullshit is gonna kill off that chance. The worst thing they did to the series was online game-as-service stuff, because A> they've continued to fuck with their own stuff, rather than letting players mod it to fix it, and B> their "fixes" have been as good as the base product, which always needed fixing. And now players CAN'T reasonably fix it for them. The one saving grace no longer applies.
    There should NEVER be an expectancy for the players to fix half arsed games in place of devs. Bethesda has been too complacent for too long with this "mods will fix it" attitude. I mean, F76 game has bugs that originated around Oblivion, and had been carried through all those years to the present day. But this time these is no one to mitigate their insane incompetency.

So like, Bethesda's statement claimed, that ScrapBox issue was rather an UI issue on users end, but then they updated it, saying that it was an actual disappearing stuff for some. They can't even give proper statements...
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-10-25 at 09:34 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    There should NEVER be an expectancy for the players to fix half arsed games in place of devs. Bethesda has been too complacent for too long with this "mods will fix it" attitude. I mean, F76 game has bugs that originated around Oblivion, and had been carried through all those years to the present day. But this time these is no one to mitigate their insane incompetency.

So like, Bethesda's statement claimed, that ScrapBox issue was rather an UI issue on users end, but then they updated it, saying that it was an actual disappearing stuff for some. They can't even give proper statements...
    That's been the way it is since the last catchphrase was "Oblivion but with Guns". Another best seller for Horse Armor company, somehow.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's been the way it is since the last catchphrase was "Oblivion but with Guns". Another best seller for Horse Armor company, somehow.
    Oh, I'm aware. And I'm REALLY happy that it has been exposed this hard.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Oh, I'm aware. And I'm REALLY happy that it has been exposed this hard.
    How is it exposed when it's always been that way? Because people read a YouTube video years later instead of actually paying attention?

I just have to wonder if the developers of Outer Worlds prepared and sent a "Thank you!" card and fruit basket to Bethesda for their launch weekend gift. You just can't buy this kind of advertising! >_<

7+ Year Old Account
    How is it exposed when it's always been that way? Because people read a YouTube video years later instead of actually paying attention?
    It's always been like this, but this time there can be no "oh, game is broken/has no content? let's dl a mod!" approach. People can't fix things for themselves, like they did with previous games. So they are stuck with raw product. And it reeks.

It's always been like this, but this time there can be no "oh, game is broken/has no content? let's dl a mod!" approach. People can't fix things for themselves, like they did with previous games. So they are stuck with raw product. And it reeks.
    Nope. Bethesda certainly robbed themselves of the ability to rely on the modding community to polish/repair/maintain their game here. But why was that a fine method to buy games from Horse Armor company that coasted on modders? This has been a constant thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't even anymore. Bethe$da keeps digging that hole so fucking deep.

Y'know, about the only thing I really like about 76 is it gives me the chance to yell "I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO" to the people who argue with me that Bethe$da games don't need modders to fix their games. Every single Bethe$da games has an Unofficial Patch that fixes FAR more crap than Bethe$da ever does with their patches, and on top of that, none of the mod patches ever RE-INTRODUCE bugs that were previously patched out. 76 is an absolute wreck of a game. And now, they pull this bullshit with the $100/year sub. AND THEN BUTCHER IT. Oh Bethe$da, keep it classy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Yeah this isn't anything new at all. Bethesda has been a low-quality game developer for a long time. Skyrim for instance is horseshit and relies entirely on mods to become good.
    But even modders can't fix the colossal fuckup that is the spaghetti engine they refuse to switch from.
    The spaghetti engine they use is why it's so moddable. The problem is if they switch from it or update it they're afraid of what will happen or that modders can't fix their mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    The spaghetti engine they use is why it's so moddable. The problem is if they switch from it or update it they're afraid of what will happen or that modders can't fix their mess.
    There are several engines out there, or gods forbid they build their own, that are still moddable. As long as they don't use Frostbite (which is technically moddable, but not nearly to the extent) they should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    This shit is hilarious.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/commen...g_targeted_in/

If it's true, that is.
    Wouldn't surprise me in the least

7+ Year Old Account
    This shit is hilarious.

If it's true, that is.
    Peeps constantly in-game target premium players, so that's 100% plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Do you remember "That Retarded Horse" in WoW? Something like this isn't rly surprising =P
    I remember way more for the cash shop helmets. People were constantly getting lfr kicked for supporting cash shop gear and i've never seen it that widespread in any game. I wouldn't be surprised if thats why Blizzard never did that again and stuck to mounts. People all have their 'lines' in terms of microtransactions and changing the players look in a game where everyone talked about 'wearing my full molten core set back in the day' was probably the hard stopping point.

10+ Year Old Account
    This shit is hilarious.

If it's true, that is.
    I'm not surprised but they honestly deserve it. They're saying that they're okay paying $100 a year for a shitty game that instead of having its problems fixed they would rather find EVEN MORE ways to monetize it.

Considering how buggy the service is too, private worlds not being so private and the stash box just eating items; yeah anyone who paid for this immediately honestly shouldn't be handling money.

At this rate, Internet Historian is going to need to make a part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I think I know the studio behind that video, and they're absolutely fucking hilarious. 10/10 writing, 0/10 on the actual focus of the content.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://kotaku.com/australia-allows-...mer-1839517936

Australians can refund their Fallout 76.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.