Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It was a pretty interesting game until the refs decided to make it about them with bad PI calls on both sides.
    Came here to post this. First the horrible call on Michigan and now the make up call and subsequent TD. At least they screwed both sides equally now.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Came here to post this. First the horrible call on Michigan and now the make up call and subsequent TD. At least they screwed both sides equally now.
    Agreed. Bad calls on both sides, not that it makes it any better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    ESPN posted some fun numbers on Harbaugh since being hired by Michigan

0-8 as the underdog
    1-10 vs. top ten teams
    1-7 vs. ranked opponents on the road
    Harbaugh is so far handing Notre Dame their asses. So happy to see them fall. ND - another overrated team losing to anyone that is ranked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Had to double check to make sure the K State/OK score wasn't flip flopped. What the hell happened there?
    Frickin' awesome game. Cannot believe it even while watching it happen. K State tried to lose it still except for that hyper accurate call from the onside kick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Michigan actually looking good to start a game. Colour me impressed. Let's see them keep this thing going. A good win over Notre Dame would set a lot of things right for Harbaugh for the time being.

- - - Updated - - -

Michigan is literally running Notre Dame over. Never seen a ranked team look this hopeless against the Michigan running attack.
    Same. Was hoping Michigan would win but they are dominating.

- - - Updated - - -

Oregon Ducks, if they beat WSU, could jump into the Top 10 after the slaughter today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just caught the end of Kansas/Texas Tech and it was nuts.

Another blocked FG that would've won it, TTU tries to make something happen returning the block and they fumble a lateral recovered by Kansas with 2 seconds left, and they get a second chance to kick it and win it and make it this time.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    First K State, now Kansas. The state of Kansas must be happy tonight!

and Im sad, but not terribly sad given TCU is my 2nd team and has been since 2001. GP seems to just have Texas's number. Orlando probably needs to go though.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I like to see Michigan flounder, Notre Dame really earned my ire this year and their destruction is satisfying.
    /s

Kinda upset that OU lost. I didn’t want a two SEC team final but now it’s looking like it. Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, Clemson.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Kinda upset that OU lost. I didn’t want a two SEC team final but now it’s looking like it. Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, Clemson.
    Perhaps. But there are still a few other teams in the mix. I'm glad OU, Auburn, and (overrated) ND lost tonight. The Ducks might take the #8 spot with plenty of football to play yet. And those four teams you just listed play one another still.

The only thing we know right now is that we don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Well they play each other in two weeks, so we'll know then how it plays out. They probably actually are two of the best teams in the country though. Even with one losing, depending on how everything else turns out, I wouldn't be opposed to both in the playoffs.

Man, if Utah and Oregon both win out things get interesting, especially if more top teams fall.

Next week could end up deciding both divisions. If Oregon beats USC and Utah beats UW there is a good chance both teams run the table into a meeting of two 1-loss teams ranked in the top #8 for P12 crown.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Yeah. Definitely expect a PAC-12 team in the CFP if Utah and Oregon win out.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice if Florida had the remotest semblance of a running game.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    While I would love that, I can almost guarantee you that a 1-loss LSU/Alabama takes a spot over them, plus a 1-loss PSU or OSU would also likely be ranked higher.

While I personally feel a 1-loss conference champ should be in over a 1-loss runner up, if it comes down to an undefeated SEC team, an undefeated B10 team, a 1-loss SEC runner-up, a 1-loss B10 runner up, an undefeated ACC champ, and a 1-loss P12 champ, the P12 and the 1-loss B10 team will be on the outside looking in with the way the committee has ranked teams in the past. The only 1-loss champ they're likely to get in over is a B12 champ, and even then that really depends on how Texas, KSU and OU/Baylor finish.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    While I would love that, I can almost guarantee you that a 1-loss LSU/Alabama takes a spot over them, plus a 1-loss PSU or OSU would also likely be ranked higher.

While I personally feel a 1-loss conference champ should be in over a 1-loss runner up, if it comes down to an undefeated SEC team, an undefeated B10 team, a 1-loss SEC runner-up, a 1-loss B10 runner up, an undefeated ACC champ, and a 1-loss P12 champ, the P12 and the 1-loss B10 team will be on the outside looking in with the way the committee has ranked teams in the past. The only 1-loss champ they're likely to get in over is a B12 champ, and even then that really depends on how Texas, KSU and OU/Baylor finish.
    The committee also ranks Utah a lot more favorably than the AP and the Coaches polls.

The committee also ranks Utah a lot more favorably than the AP and the Coaches polls.
    Not compared to the B10 and SEC. I'm betting the initial rankings will be similar to the AP rankings, which Clemson and maybe Alabama being lower than they currently are and Oregon, PSU, and Georgia a bit higher than they are.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. Oregon/Utah winning the PAC12 champ if both are 11-1 going in would be strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post

It would be tough to downgrade LSU/Alabama from their loss, if the game is close. That's the only team/div I see upsetting a PAC12 infusion to the CFP (assuming Oregon/Utah - go Ducks!) win out. A 1-loss B10 or B12 team might be fine as well, but the PAC12 division game will be so marquee at the right time.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are you seeing that?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed. Oregon/Utah winning the PAC12 champ if both are 11-1 going in would be strong.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be tough to downgrade LSU/Alabama from their loss, if the game is close. That's the only team/div I see upsetting a PAC12 infusion to the CFP (assuming Oregon/Utah - go Ducks!) win out. A 1-loss B10 or B12 team might be fine as well, but the PAC12 division game will be so marquee at the right time.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are you seeing that?
    Just based on prior rankings, the CFP will rank us a couple spots higher on average

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised no one posted about the CFP rankings after they came out.

Rank Team

1 Ohio State
    2 LSU
    3 Alabama
    4 Penn State
    5 Clemson
    6 Georgia
    7 Oregon
    8 Utah
    9 Oklahoma
    10 Florida
    11 Auburn
    12 Baylor
    13 Wisconsin
    14 Michigan
    15 Notre Dame
    16 Kansas State
    17 Minnesota
    18 Iowa
    19 Wake Forest
    20 Cincinnati
    21 Memphis
    22 Boise State
    23 Oklahoma State
    24 Navy
    25 SMU

10+ Year Old Account
    Trouble in paradise...

https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-...maryland-game/

OSU won't flounder without him, but it might just be the type of advantage Alabama et. al need to get the better of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    That article was... very vague. I think it'll be a huge loss, especially come playoff time

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Great game Minnesota vs Penn St. So happy to see the Nitany Lions fall. I wonder how high the Gophers will rise with an undefeated record and a win over #4.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow - LSU just drove the ball 92 yards like Alabama wasn't even there.

My concern as an Oregon fan is that regardless of who wins this game, the loser won't fall far enough in the CFP poll to boost Oregon. Unless it's some kind of blowout. I could only see Oregon shooting ahead then, otherwise they'll have to wait for the theoretical PAC12 Champ game where they meet and beat a one-loss Utah. Meanwhile, Oregon would still need two other teams to lose to make the top 4. And that's assuming Minnesota doesn't move ahead after their win.