View Poll Results: Which End Boss of raid felt more satisfying and complete?

Voters
198. This poll is closed
  • 1.0 - Onyxia (Onyxia's Lair)

13 6.57%
  • 1.6 - Nefarian (Blackwing Lair)

15 7.58%
  • 1.7 - Hakkar (Zul'Gurub)

10 5.05%
  • 1.9 - C'Thun (Temple of Ahn'Qiraj)

18 9.09%
  • 1.11 - Kel'Thuzard (Naxxramas)

17 8.59%
  • 2.0 - Archimonde (Hyjal Summit)

12 6.06%
  • 2.1 - Illidan (Black Temple)

33 16.67%
  • 2.4 - Kil'Jaeden (Sunwell Plateau)

21 10.61%
  • 3.0 - Malygos (Eye Of Eternity)

4 2.02%
  • 3.1 - Yogg'Saron (Ulduar)

33 16.67%
  • 3.3 - Lich King (Icecrown Citadel)

140 70.71%
  • 3.3.5 - Halion (Ruby Sanctum)

5 2.53%
  • 4.0.3 - Sintharia (Twilight Citadel)

5 2.53%
  • 4.2 - Ragnaros (Firelands)

31 15.66%
  • 4.3 - Deathwing (Dragon Soul)

14 7.07%
  • 5.0 - Sha Of Fear (Terrace of Endless Spring)

5 2.53%
  • 5.2 - Lei Shen (Throne of Thunder)

37 18.69%
  • 5.4 - Garrosh (Siege of Orgrimmar)

34 17.17%
  • 6.0 - Blackhand (Brlackrock Foundry)

21 10.61%
  • 6.2 - Archimonde (Hellfire Citadel)

20 10.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    you're missing a lot of good end bosses. gul'dan, jaina, and azshara all come to mind for things not on the poll.
    Guldan was nice but line of sight mechanics suck so jaina and azshara are not that fun.

But to be fair most endbosses since Ulduar were pretty good. With the occasional exception like Kiljeaden in ToS, What an atrocious boss that was. A fitting garbage endboss for a garbage raid.

I personally would say: Lei-Shen > Ragnaros (FL) > Lich King

I voted for Garrosh.

I like how most of his mechanics are actually linked to his story arc. The 3 sha realms we visit during phase 2 are not only places that the sha attacked, but are the 3 emotions that Garrosh allowed himself to be consumed by until TBC. Garrosh even references this during the fight. "See the visions of fear, despair and doubt as I have!" When his back in against the wall, he fully gives in to Y'shaarj, much like how his father drank demonic blood again (although he didn't know it at the time) when he was pushed against the wall by Cenarius.

And who doesn't love the Iron stars in phase 1 and 4 (mythic only) knocking people around. Even though it was a technical issue (his total health pool was too big for the severs at the time on 25 man heroic), I did like how he was getting healed whenever he absorbed Y'shaarjs power. It adds to the feeling of Garrosh getting desperate throughout the fight.

Patrick Seitz did a fantastic job as his voice actor. You can feel the emotions Garrosh is going through throughout the encounter.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2019-10-27 at 03:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    Lich King. the whole expansion, every quest, every zone built him up as the ultimate villain. to then fight him on top of that citadel in the end...peak epicness.
    but... but ruby sanctum bro, lich king was only a decoy, just like illidan in TBC.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Lei Shen still my favourite boss fight of all time.

KJ TOS the hardest of all

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Aren't you missing 2 expansions in your poll?
    yes. this forum has options for 20 possible answers and I chose add bosses from previous expansions, but not new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    You forgot Kael'thas.
    no I didnot
    Kael, Vashj, Malchazar all were end bosses of raids, but they were added in same tier (2.0 patch), where highest level was Hyjal Summit raid and Archimonde

The Lich King, Deathwing (As much as people hate 4.3, the Madness fight was fucking cool the first time doing it), and Jaina for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    LK no doubt about it, Illidan is second best, followed by the original Ragnaros raid.

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    yes. this forum has options for 20 possible answers and I chose add bosses from previous expansions, but not new ones.
    So it's an incredibly misleading poll, I can also pick every option so you really didn't plan this one thorough.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Lich King will win every time because he was the most developed and best laid out character. Kil'Jaeden, Archimonde, and a few others are pretty epic to fight for this reason as well. That said, Garrosh is REALLY cool to fight, but unfortunately mishandled due to lore.

the LK just because of all the other story building the character had, outside of the WOW mmo.

Illidan and Cata Ragnaros (HM). Some amazing fights.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Wheres Margok?

That was such a cool fight.

I figured Lich King would be way ahead of everyone. And rightly so. Mainstream though it may have been, that expansion had perfect tone and build-up. The combined pay-off of WC3 and WotLK deserves the top spot.

But I was pleasantly surprised to seen Ragnaros 2.0 appear. In a world that usually glosses over Cataclysm as a collectively bad expansion, it's easy to forget how huge a deal Firelands Heroic was to the community at the time. It took forever to beat and was a truly memorable fight that really made use of the extra Heroic phase. #LegDay If ICC was the culmination of WC3 then I think it's fair to say that Firelands was the culmination of the Vanilla generation. I certainly checked out before we got to Deathwing and I never really cared quite as much about raids after that.

Yoggy, but thats probably just because i enoyed the way hardmodes worked in Ulduar.

I chose Yoggi, Illidan, KJ Sunwell and LK. Of them all Illidan and yoggi was probably best. Though not and end boss, it felt really nice defeating Elisande in Nighthold. Guldan was a good fight as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lich King and Lei Shen is two of my favorite ones..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets be real here. No ending Boss has been as exciting to do as the Lich King was. There were many good ones but none with the feeling of a culmination of a Story arc as Arthas.

Even Argus felt weak in that regard considering it was literally the end of the Burning Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So it's an incredibly misleading poll, I can also pick every option so you really didn't plan this one thorough.
    added ability to choose several answers. why not?

I think LK had best story so far, while Onyxia was almost as good (even back in Vanilla, without machinima and cinematics)

Lich King no doubt. He had such a huge effect on nearly the entire story, the world, and its characters. He basically destroyed the entire top half of a continent and created the forsaken and blood elves. There was such a huge buildup and the satisfaction of finally facing him face to face was amazing and will be impossible to match. I think they tried doing it with Sylvanas but it just isn't the same. I think keeping her all secretive and each writer writing her differently for so long just ruins any of the dynamic.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-10-27 at 08:25 PM.