Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    maybe, but now would be the best time, after mechagon and mechagnomes, too bad next expansion isn't gonna fit that theme

that's the biggest problem of the tinker, you can't really fit it into most expansions
    Well, there actually is a way they can tie Tinkers into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    You guys are going to hate me for this, but I've been thinking about Tanaris and how things in it seem to point to 9.0. The Zul'farrak tablet is the first mention of Mueh'zala, and there's a lot of things in the Shadowlands leak that imply the Bronze Dragonflight is a major part of the story.

So... what's inbetween Mueh'zala's troll tribe and the Caverns of Time? Well...

We DON'T need new classes in wow right now.

I feel like a massive opportunity was missed with tinkerers by making mechagnomes a race. tinkerers could have had a cyborg aspect to them that would allow you more customization options like robotic limbs/visors akin to how DHs have tattoos and horns. Also would be based if they gave DKs rune tattoo customization options also since Runemaster is like 150% not happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Wrath (Death Knights): DKs are an integral part of Lich King lore, the main force of the LKs army during his attacks on the living, many famous Death Knights in lore, etc...
    MoP (Monks): Integral part of Pandaren society, ties in to their enslavement from the Mogu, most major Pandaren are tied into the Monk class.
    Legion (Demon Hunter): Demon Hunters, massive part of TBC, massive part of Illidan's army, etc...

Tinkers: Lol the city is named Gadgetzan and it's near a cave that is slightly related to Bronze dragons, and near a dungeon where Mueh'zala is mentioned on a tablet from vanilla wow (lets completely ignore that Mueh'zala's discription is exactly that of Bwonsamdi and is almost certainly just Bwonsamdi's name from a different Troll tribe.) Tinkers confirmed.

I'm sure discord will have dug up datamined info on a tinker class well in advance of anything blizz announces.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    We DON'T need new classes in wow right now.
    Of COURSE we NEED new CLASSES in WOW right NOW.

Tinkers/Alchemist are the only WC3 class not in World of Warcraft with unique abilities and theme. So it's highly likely they will be a class.

Having said that, they would be the only class added into the game that doesn't reference the expansions premise if Shadowlands is indeed next.

It's such a toss up.

That's a cool theory, but at the same time it makes no sense.

Like if we had some ominous event between Stormwind and Karazhan, I don't think Goldshire or Darkmoon Faire would really have anything relevant to offer in terms of a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I wish you good luck with this thread when the tinker fanboys arrive and shit on it for not restricting it to gnome/goblin only.
    I mean, I could understand if they restricted it to them only, but considering the Horde Tinker Island Expedition team has an Undead on it, I'd doubt it.

I still think Dwarves have more cause to be Tinkers than Draenei

I swear to God, if I see someone suggest Vulpera tinkers I'm gonna punch a baby.

VULPERA MAKE NO SENSE AS ENGINEERING DRIVEN CLASS, WHAT"S WRON WITH YOU PEOPLE!?

I guess there is always a way, but what's the reason for Tinkers?

Wrath and DKs it was the the Lich King attacked us and he turned our heroes into DKs and they freed themselves from him and rejoined us.

Monks in MoP were trained by the Pandarens, who re-emerged. The entire expansion was focused on Pandaren culture.

DHs in Legion were followers of Illidan and freed by Maiev who asked them for help against the Legion.

Tinkers? What could ever be the reason we need them? If anything Mechagon would have been the best moment for them to become a class, had they only saved that up for an expansion and made Mechagon a bigger part of it. The story behind the Mechagnomes was worthy of its own patch at least, if not as a big part of an expansion. Maybe should've just done Mechagon for the release of BFA as a 7th zone and have Tinkers in for release.

As far as Gadgetzan goes, I would love to see the Hearthstone Gadgetzan in the game, for all I care they can base an entire expansion on that.

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    I still think Dwarves have more cause to be Tinkers than Draenei
    I'd be all over Dark Iron Tinkers.

They build golems and mole machines, they're a shoe-in for Tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Of COURSE we NEED new CLASSES in WOW right NOW.
    There won't be new class in next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I wish you good luck with this thread when the tinker fanboys arrive and shit on it for not restricting it to gnome/goblin only.
    I don't think I have ever see anyone demand it stay just gnome/goblin, most just assume toughs are the easy picks (which they are) for tinker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    what do you mean if? they were confirmed for the next expansion along with dragonsworn, bard, dark ranger, and necromancer
    And the chicken wizard, don't forget the chicken wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Or throw in Vulpera for reasons unknown.
    from paying attention to…. certain threads, it seems to be because there is one Vulpera NPC called Tinkerin' Taji, who is a repair vendor in Vorrik's sanctum, who the closest thing he does to actual Tinkering in the sense of Tinkers in that he sells wires, and is playing with one of the Electric crystals the Sethrak use

I myself as a Tinker fanboy, would love to have as many Races as possible to get Tinker, Throw in Worgen and both kinds of Dwarfs onto OP's least and I'm a happy man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    I could not agree more. Zero appeal. If they ever plan to release it then they should stick it with a second class to alleviate the pain.
    Not every class is for everyone, it's not like everyone made a DK, Monk, or DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Not every class is for everyone, it's not like everyone made a DK, Monk, or DH.
    I like new classes, even if only to try them and abandon in few months. Now Tinker, I wouldn't touch this filth. No incentive to purchase expansion for a casual like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    I don't think I have ever see anyone demand it stay just gnome/goblin, most just assume toughs are the easy picks (which they are) for tinker.

- - - Updated - - -

And the chicken wizard, don't forget the chicken wizard.
    I've seen at least one person demanding it stay restricted to those 2, and they reasoned it with the height difference, as a draenei in a mech might have trouble getting through a doorway that a gnome in a mech would have no problem

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I'd be all over Dark Iron Tinkers.

They build golems and mole machines, they're a shoe-in for Tinkers.
    Dark Iron, and Ironforge dwarves

Between all the tanks, mechanical rune stuff, and guns they're best suited for the flavor of Tinkers.
    Draenei engineers are kind of just wizards with hammers and crystal healing shit