Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    You will not get 95th+ percentiles not following the meta to the t. Neck 65 is mandatory. Benthic is mandatory. Whatever your BIS essence is... is mandatory. The correct az traits? Mandatory.
    Benthic is hardly required when you have Mythic Keystones.

Based on what you are saying, that is a you problem, not a game problem. It is not the games fault you put way too high of a bar on yourself to qualify as good. You need to fix yourself instead of the game demanding it do it for you. You have very serious issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    While I don't fully disagree with you. Which "you" are referring to in your 1 point bullet. You'll get a different list from each person you ask.
    He is referring to himself. He wants the game catered solely to what he wants. He doesn't understand that he is not the only one playing the game.

When he was talking about how complicated the gearing up process is, it really caught my attention. I immediately realized that the way he presented it really highlighted how ridiculous it is. Thought it was a really noteworthy video.

However when he is talking about how he is dreading whatever new system will be presented at Blizzcon, I could only think, wouldn't it be worse if they don't give us anything new? I mean if the game is just the same old game, people will complain that Blizzard is out of ideas, and I think we all want new things.

But yeah, scrap titanforging, never bring it back, scrap corrupted gear, and let's return to how it used to be. It's clear what boss drops what gear, with what itemlevel and which stats and you work towards getting that, and when you get that, you have it, and it's your BiS and you are done with that for now. No "oh it doesn't have a socket" or "it didn't titanforge, now it's useless".

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Literally who?
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    How can you watch Preach? He just complains about everything.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    When he was talking about how complicated the gearing up process is, it really caught my attention. I immediately realized that the way he presented it really highlighted how ridiculous it is. Thought it was a really noteworthy video.
    The problem with making gear progression more complicated than it needs to be is that Blizzard has designed in a lot of the busy work of the expansion toward this. This many years along, having gear being the measure of progression is breaking down. It should be about the character, not about what they are wearing on any given day. It's fine for some power to reside in your magic gear. The dead end is to have all of it there.

There are lots of ways to keep players and their characters busy without making their closet overly complicated. Easiest of all, simplify the gear and require a bunch of gold and even possibly materials to trade to obtain it. Raids/hard dungeons reward more gold. More difficult content will get you what you want faster. Easier content will take much longer but doesn't shut anyone out.

It is very unfortunate that the powers that be among players who set the meta for the game cannot understand how a bonus would work without making it mandatory but that's where we are and as stupid as that is there's no going back.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-10-29 at 11:51 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Actaeix View Post
    People have short memories, for years the number 1 complaint was that there was nothing to do. Which was true, people like to forget when they praise MoP or Wrath but eventually you'd get to a part in the day or in the week where you could say I've done everything I can do today. So Blizzard gives us these systems to the fill the void, now the complaints have changed from there is nothing to do to I don't like what there is to do.

Both are valid complaints but I don't see why people think removing all the shit today is going to make the game better, that's only going to get us back to where we started.
    Kinda because they streamlined the entire Vanilla game, which is essentially what TBC / Wotlk did to a large degree.
    I mean, some people also complain having nothing to do on Classic - after sinking 100h+ into the game within weeks.

And honestly, i'd rather play WoW less but actually have a good time while i'm playing the game, rather constantly playing the same boring content everyday.

I mean, during Classic you could still do some gold / profession related shit, but Blizzard already heavily eroded professions during Wotlk.
    Heroic dungeons becoming a ~20min activity compared to the ~1h hour runs in TBC also didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    However when he is talking about how he is dreading whatever new system will be presented at Blizzcon, I could only think, wouldn't it be worse if they don't give us anything new? I mean if the game is just the same old game, people will complain that Blizzard is out of ideas, and I think we all want new things.
    Sometimes, you just have to lose some battles.
    If you simply lack the (development)time to properly design, test and implement good system, you're better off leaving them out of the game.
    You can't please everybody, i can see people's point when they want new systems, but Blizzard obviously struggles with that to an immense degree.

Preach makes a good point here and i'd say that WoW has since WoD a serious identity crisis, it tries to reinvent itself with each expansion, Blizzard comes up with new systems that are seriously lacking, then spend a good chunk of the expansion to fix that and implement new ones built atop those, only to tear them down after the expansion is over.

Like, imagine if all that time would just go into improving existing content within the game?
    There's nothing wrong with putting additional things into the game, the question is just whether you turn that into a core feature that basically anyone who wants to increase their character's power has to engage in.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-10-29 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    And honestly, i'd rather play WoW less but actually have a good time while i'm playing the game, rather constantly playing the same boring content everyday.
    I play about 4-6 hours a week. I ignore the gear treadmill completely. I do what I like. The experience I have with the game is nothing like what I read from the folk that need to play 14-20 hours a week. Personally, I think there are more of us than them but that's a supposition.

Nonetheless, those that make the game a major part of their life may not be the audience that Blizzard is interested in any longer. There's a very large group of people that do not raid about LFR, do not do high-level Mythics. It's their game too. It's time they stood up for it.

The game, even with all of its faults, is OK. This expansion is less OK than others but it's been OK.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

This is nothing but symptoms of constantly chasing acessabilty. Pretty much evey issue we have are in the game used as bandage of problems created several expansion before.

If you look at titanforging and go backwards to what caused creation of this system you will always end up with same result. Acessability.

Titanforging is in the game becouse Blizzard want increase time we spent playing in content while getting our gear. Why? Becouse gear become super common drop. And with amounth of gear sources we would have bis in 2-3 weeks. Why is there so much gear? Becouse of multiple difficulty levels and adding mythic+. Why is there so many difficulty levels? To cutter game for variety of players skill. Why? To increase acessability.

Same goes for world scaling, ap grinds, etc. They are nothing but offset for content consumption which got increasingly faster and faster thanks to acessbility and Blizzard couldnt keep up with content updates.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-10-30 at 12:17 AM.

I've had the same thoughts as Preach. Too many busy systems creating a convoluted mess. Fewer but more important systems please.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I play about 4-6 hours a week. I ignore the gear treadmill completely. I do what I like. The experience I have with the game is nothing like what I read from the folk that need to play 14-20 hours a week. Personally, I think there are more of us than them but that's a supposition.

Nonetheless, those that make the game a major part of their life may not be the audience that Blizzard is interested in any longer. There's a very large group of people that do not raid about LFR, do not do high-level Mythics. It's their game too. It's time they stood up for it.

The game, even with all of its faults, is OK. This expansion is less OK than others but it's been OK.
    I would fit in that category. I do primarily LFG, only do the occassional mythic if my buddy asks, which is quite rare. I play the game the way i want to, not because some yahoo wowtuber says this and that. If you're a hardcare player that likes to analize every thing about the game then hate on it because something that you don't like about it, then that's on you and there's no need to spread that hate and toxicity to others via media. I used to be the type of gamer that played 30-40h a week *that was including raids* During vanilla and TBC, raid guilds required a ton of raid time. Nowadays, it's not like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pugfugly View Post
    I've had the same thoughts as Preach. Too many busy systems creating a convoluted mess. Fewer but more important systems please.
    I think he needs to get l**d but that's just me. He has all this anger about the game yet still plays it religiously. It's like he's paid to be angry at the game.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Wow, this is one of the most absurd thing I have ever read. If people ant to post in this thread and give their opinion, that is their right. Basically, you are mad people won't watch your hero's video. People don't watch his video becuase they know what he truly is. He makes negative videos because he know he will attract people like you to click on them without even trying. And all you are doing is trying to be an influencer for hm. Finally, you only speak for you. Nobody else.
    Lol you massive hypocrite.

You don’t care about his opinion, so you decide to totally disregard the content of a thread based on prejudices, and then give your own opinion instead that we should listen to.
    The point is to discuss the content of the post. What’s the point in reading the title of a thread and telling everyone your own opinion rather than addressing the content? Just make your own thread instead.

OT: Preach is not my “hero”, nor am I trying to influence anyone. I pointed out that the majority of posts here aren’t even addressing the content of his video which is a shame because I listened to the video and agree’d that he’s actually spot on about pretty much all of it. Sounds to me like you’re the one trying to be the influencer here.

Edit: Also just read your reply to my post about the absurdity that is to compete at a high level in PVP you MUST do high end PVE content. Fucking LOL. You think that’s good game design? Lmfao.
    Last edited by JacobMarley; 2019-10-30 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

eh, if you look for things to complain about, you'll surely find them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    This is nothing but symptoms of constantly chasing acessabilty. Pretty much evey issue we have are in the game used as bandage of problems created several expansion before.

If you look at titanforging and go backwards to what caused creation of this system you will always end up with same result. Acessability.

Titanforging is in the game becouse Blizzard want increase time we spent playing in content while getting our gear. Why? Becouse gear become super common drop. And with amounth of gear sources we would have bis in 2-3 weeks. Why is there so much gear? Becouse of multiple difficulty levels and adding mythic+. Why is there so many difficulty levels? To cutter game for variety of players skill. Why? To increase acessability.

Same goes for world scaling, ap grinds, etc. They are nothing but offset for content consumption which got increasingly faster and faster thanks to acessbility and Blizzard couldnt keep up with content updates.
    TFing exists so dungeons don't turn irrelevant after 2 weeks.

You may have always been behind the curve so you don't understand, but prior to thunderforging, people would clear the raid a couple times and then quit for 2-3 months+ till the next content patch.

Lemme guess, you want badges ya?

It's funny how he talk about all the busy work that he doesnt have to do, at his level of play and gear, he can basically just raid log weekly. But no, the man has to force himself to do things he dont like that benefits like 1 or 2% dps.
    I dont understand the mentality of complaining bout grinding mindlessly for that small margin of dps increase when you can just play normaly and it will progress just as fine. Sure you may beat Mythic Azshara 1 or 2 week later than other guild who play this game like a job, but you CAN experience that same kill without burdening yourself, just in a later day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    TFing exists so dungeons don't turn irrelevant after 2 weeks.
    No, that's why Mythic+ exists. Titanforging exists because they drastically increased the acquisition rate of epic gear, and needed another way to keep people on the gear treadmill. RNG was their answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Lets say u had data to prove your claim, which you dont:
    This a typical blizzard created scenario which they make up problem to fix it with something that creates new problems
    You don't have data to disprove it either.
    If you go back to the dev watercooler on thunderforging, their reasoning is exactly what i articulated
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...ng-patch-notes
    unfortunately the old forums are dead and the discussion is gone

Dude got banned for exploiting and he got banned from the event he was going to, ever since he has been pissy at blizzard. Lets use him for unbiased information why don't we

Get rid of all the crazy shit for gear, no more Artifact stuff, no AP, no more Azerite or special necklace, no Benthic gear, no essences, no Legendaries.

You want gear you Raid, get tokens then go to NPC Raid vendor in capital city to buy the gear you need, like back in MoP. But they can keep, LFR, Normal and Heroic, and Mythic. You just get tokens based on the difficultly level of the Raid. LFR tokens allow you to purchase i400 gear, and Mythic tokens allow you to purchase i445 gear.

Tier gear comes back.

Keep M+ dungeons, it just drops non Tier gear, but still good iLvl gear. M0 drops i400 gear, and M+10 drops i440.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2019-10-30 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    No, that's why Mythic+ exists. Titanforging exists because they drastically increased the acquisition rate of epic gear, and needed another way to keep people on the gear treadmill. RNG was their answer.
    Thunderforging came in mop
    welfare epics came in tbc with kara badge runs.

Does not compute. Epic have been easy af to get for 90% of wow's existence

I actually agree with him, game is just way too convoluted FOR ME. I actually preferred when it was... simpler.
    Its isn't that I got bored of WoW... just the direction WoW went doesn't sit well with me. I still have fun playing vanilla/tbc/wotlk... just not "modern WoW". And yes while there ARE many things I don't like about vanilla/tbc/wotlk I dislike double or triple things about "modern WoW".
    For instance talents.
    I liked to "set and forget" about them, actually. Now I can't even get my UI in place because of all the shitty talent swapping all the damn time.
    I used to know each class very well and what should I expect of them in PvP. Now? Not a chance, there is just too many moving parts to keep an eye on.
    And smaller things like:
    They introduced that action button glow which I don't like. Found a work around, but still- there should be an interface option for this kind of stuff.
    Skills auto-jumping on my action bar with no option to turn off. Like WTF?!
    Why did they feel like removing interface options that WERE THERE is a good idea. Sure theres an addon for this but... again, it should at at least interface option to turn on "advanced interface options".
    Last edited by FAILoZOFF; 2019-10-30 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    "Hey you dude u are clown!"
    "Huh? No im not, prove it"
    "Prove THE OPPOSITE!"

True rick and morty watchers assembly here
    I literally provided a link that doesn't exist cus it's almost a decade old, rofl.

your hate just consumes your common sense