Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

What form of grind (example, mounts) do you find the most unnacceptable ?

It goes beyond saying that the whole thing is completely personal.

For me, the worse ''mounts type'' are…

1)Huolon (I simply can't stand still doing nothing camping a mount)
    2)Paragon (Oh god. Nightfallen, Valajar and Farondis still need to drop)

Paragons.

No problem with blasting through ICC for the 700th time, but one single more worldquest and you'll read from me in the newspapers one way or another.

Raid attunements. Other than that I have a unpopular opinion regarding grinds. Not everything should be gettable and ot everything should be easy. If you needed to grind rep for a cool item and they decided the only way for this rep was to kill mobs. But you needed to kill 1,000,000 to hit the rep required, then so be it. Oh they put in a super cool mount that required the gold cap to buy, to bad if you don't have the gold or don't want to grind it out. Mythic only gear/mounts/achievements, too bad if you are not a mythic raider. This mount has a .0001%drop rate and you don't want to run the dungeon for years. Too bad.

Put innthe time, get better, do what is asked and you will get the reward. If not. Shut the hell up.

I despise that Rank 3 Prof patterns are locked behind Rep grinds. My alts were completely made to support my main, then each other. I use to max every profession and learn everything, because you'd speed level your main, to get ready for the server race for Raid clears, but your alts, at least for some, were used to experience the story and could take their time, but you could still max out and learn everything. Legion started the Death of Alt play, for me and many others, because of this new system. Maybe because it was bundled with AP grinds (another thing I hate) 1st for weapons, now for necks. That time you would be spending on grinding your Reps on alts, should be time spent grinding AP on your Main.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Paragons.

No problem with blasting through ICC for the 700th time, but one single more worldquest and you'll read from me in the newspapers one way or another.
    Totally irrational, but I can understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I despise that Rank 3 Prof patterns are locked behind Rep grinds. My alts were completely made to support my main, then each other. I use to max every profession and learn everything, because you'd speed level your main, to get ready for the server race for Raid clears, but your alts, at least for some, were used to experience the story and could take their time, but you could still max out and learn everything. Legion started the Death of Alt play, for me and many others, because of this new system. Maybe because it was bundled with AP grinds (another thing I hate) 1st for weapons, now for necks. That time you would be spending on grinding your Reps on alts, should be time spent grinding AP on your Main.
    So the guy teaching you wants to make sure you are trustworthy enough to teach you. And they say there is no more RPG in this game.

AP Grind, at this point going from 69-70 is hundreds of WQs and provides me basically nothing anymore. =/

Alllied races. I still feel like you shouldn't have to 'unlock' the race you want to play in an RPG. Gear, transmog items, mounts, pets, toys, flying etc, I'm fine with all of that requiring work. But I really don't feel like someone in an rpg should have to level and grind to unlock the race they actually want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So the guy teaching you wants to make sure you are trustworthy enough to teach you. And they say there is no more RPG in this game.
    Except you already know how to make it. The higher ranks don't make it function any better or differently, it just takes less materials. There's no RPG aspect behind this at all, it's just a time gate. If the higher ranks were actually better, I could see it, but they aren't.

Archeology achievments, that shit is CANCER

Everything related to artifact/azerite power and that kind of grind

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post

- - - Updated - - -

w/e helps you sleep at night mate, they asked, I replied. That RP, in game, feely garbage has no influence on whether I feel the new system is Garbage or not.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnez View Post
    AP Grind, at this point going from 69-70 is hundreds of WQs and provides me basically nothing anymore. =/
    100s of WQs for that 1 level? Aka 48k?

That is literally not even the case if you just do emmisaries and have some missions running everytime...
    Also: you dont need level 70 and you dont need to grind it out.

Mounts: you want them, you work for it. a grind because you want something.
    Everything else in the game comes to you if you just play.

AP. I think most ppl will agree to this. No one wants to grind something for the entire expansion. U also feel forced to do it since it’s tied to player progression.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    To me even worse than that was the gold sink attached to so many Rank 2 or 3 patterns that chisel off maybe 1 or 2 mats for a pattern or formula that is largely forgotten or almost immediately rendered obsolete. Professions have been a complete dumpster fire the last two expansions.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Paragon by far, the Huolon thing is anoying as hell

But the mount in Nazjatar, Soundless i guess, is obnoxious, who had this idea have a place in hell reserved

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Archeology achievments, that shit is CANCER
    No, cancer is cancer. You're just annoyed.

Grinding any stupid shit outside of raids that make you perform better in raids.

Nothing is "unacceptable" in a video game.
    If I want something, I go get it regardless of what it takes.
    If I don't, I don't do it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Same ones as OP but especially any RNG-drops because %-chance aren't listed anywhere. So the current ones would be Soundless-, Rustfeather- and Arachnoid Harvester-mounts.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Pathfinder

Rep grinds blow, especially when they're a year apart also.