Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Sounds good, think i will try it atleast when she's done with it but doubt i will buy it full price or at release. You made me abit more interested though.
    I forgot something. The game is all about connection, to bring people together and that's literally what Death stranding embodies through asynchronous multiplayer. Basically it means:
    - that you will never physically see a player, but players will leave equipment (from ropes, cargo and exoskeletons to a bike) behind for you to use.
    - You can also leave hints, warnings and signs so that people can discover points of interests. In that case you might want to give them a like. Yes, a literal like. (their names will be displayed).
    - You can also share safehouses, lockers (in the world) and build structures (like bridges and even highways), everyone can participate and add to it.
    - When you face bossfights you can also call the help of another player who will supply you with ammo for instance.

A PS plus subscription is not required for 'asynchronous multiplayer'.
    Last edited by Ladyoftheforest; 2019-10-30 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    Why would it have to be released to come to that conclusion? It's an axiom. You just have to look at what games are popular, what games they are and how Death Stranding compares. The contrast is quite evident. And no, it's not a 'sin' to not like Death Stranding.
    Well its best to judge something when its actually out and you've played it. Not watching snippets of gameplay.

Its kojima, if you like outside the box thinking and celebrity worship you will most likely enjoy this game.

I'm gonna play it and see for myself because im a fan of the MGS series like a lot of people are but I do have slight doubts over it.

Can someone explain the gameplay or rather the reason to play it as a game and not just filler between film-student level cinematics?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Well its best to judge something when its actually out and you've played it. Not watching snippets of gameplay.

Its kojima, if you like outside the box thinking and celebrity worship you will most likely enjoy this game.

I'm gonna play it and see for myself because im a fan of the MGS series like a lot of people are but I do have slight doubts over it.
    You don't have to finish the game to understand what the game is about. Especially since over 3 hours of the game and twitter info was fed to us. To be more accurate: Death stranding goes against the many tropes that now are popular. People like to loot, guns, kill eachother and I think they prefer to stick to what they like, the usual tropes. So naturally this new genre won't be for everyone, especially since it has unconventional gameplay like baby management.

As mentioned earlier I also have a few concerns about the game. But I can't help but get excited through the images I saw, the concept of the game, the previews of reviewers, the music, the graphics, the cast and the gameplay (Not a fan of shooters so I like the idea of stealth) plus the MGS saga brought many tears to my eye and I hope to feel the same after Death Stranding comes to a conclusion. Dreamcastguy said that MGS fans will love it so can't help but feel hyped!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "It's not even out yet but I hate it."

"It's not even out yet but I love it".

Yeah, everyone being rational as usual, I see.
    Humans are not rational by nature, so it makes sense

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Can someone explain the gameplay or rather the reason to play it as a game and not just filler between film-student level cinematics?
    https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1188515956571672579

I wonder where its going to be sold. Steam? epic ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "It's not even out yet but I hate it."

"It's not even out yet but I love it".

Yeah, everyone being rational as usual, I see.
    lol, basically.

It's either you trust Kojima and are ready to dive in or you're on the fence and don't care. Anyone trying to claim they know anything about the actual structure of the game is full of it. Bringing up "3 hours of footage" is irrelevant when there has been multiple scenes re-used from different angles in that footage and the game is going to be a hell of a lot longer then 3 hours to begin with. This is the same damn developer who didn't even show you the main character of MGS2 before the game released lmao. He definitely hasn't shown anyone shit with actual meaning so not sure what Ladyoftheforest is going on about and people have the right to be confused if they don't understand Kojima.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I wonder where its going to be sold. Steam? epic ?
    Kojima doesn't seem like the one to take an epic deal.. but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Kojima doesn't seem like the one to take an epic deal.. but who knows
    Hes running his own company now.

I fully expect it to be Epic exclusive and not timed ether, A smart business man would take the money. Even more so since the PC sales will likely just be a "Bonus" when compared to the PS4 sales.

Also 505 is Publishing it so they also got a say on the matter.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-11-01 at 02:03 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Embargo lifted hours ago, there isn't just "a review" already there are 69 and counting as tallied currently... https://www.opencritic.com/game/7816/death-stranding

As expected, Kojima's ego unchecked translated into an overblown beautiful mess of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Embargo lifted hours ago, there isn't just "a review" already there are 69 and counting as tallied currently... https://www.opencritic.com/game/7816/death-stranding
    Kojima, ma man did it again.

Thanks for the info! Its a buy from me.

early reviews look promising, that is good. This year could certainly use more good titles.

the song in the launch trailer, so good ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Read a review and as weird as this sounds it both made me more sure that I don't think I'm going to like it but also it makes me want to buy it. As a game designer I feel like it'll be an interesting game to dissect and perhaps glean some insight that I can use in my own work.

Seems like a very immersive game so I might wait until I have 2 weeks off around Christmas so I can dive in uninterrupted. Currently crunching and this doesn't seem like the kinda game you can enjoy when you only have 2 hours of free time when you get home.

Did any review explained in detail the Online experience?

I just finished reading Gamespot review and they say you can use "items" from other players, placed on the world.
    But...are there any more details?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Did any review explained in detail the Online experience?

I just finished reading Gamespot review and they say you can use "items" from other players, placed on the world.
    But...are there any more details?
    That is basically it. You place item to get around obstacle and it can show up in other players worlds or vice versa. You're meant to work together in this way to traverse the world, as with only your own tools it will be far more difficult.

That is basically it. You place item to get around obstacle and it can show up in other players worlds or vice versa. You're meant to work together in this way to traverse the world, as with only your own tools it will be far more difficult.
    AH, is not a typical multiplayer experience.
    Its interaction via "shared resources" interesting

7+ Year Old Account
    lol, basically.
    The irony is that people also think too black and white while refusing to contemplate the middleground.
    It's either you trust Kojima and are ready to dive in or you're on the fence and don't care.
    There are those who never played a Hideo kojima game and are interested. This is an example of your black and white thinking.
    Anyone trying to claim they know anything about the actual structure of the game is full of it.
    At the minimum, anyone who saw bits and pieces of the footage knows something about the game. The environment, destinations, means of transportation, how combat looks like, why you're doing it and how. Those people are full of at least some knowledge.
    Bringing up "3 hours of footage" is irrelevant when there has been multiple scenes re-used from different angles in that footage and the game is going to be a hell of a lot longer then 3 hours to begin with.
    The irony is that the earlier trailers before the launch trailer revealed some of the story and characters. By then it's not too difficult to piece the concept together. Then the launch trailer is revealed, explaining even more details and reiterating the story and characters. So it was relevant.
    This is the same damn developer who didn't even show you the main character of MGS2 before the game released lmao.
    And? There was a reason behind that decision, one that does not apply to a new IP since there are no previous established characters that need 'freshing up' or appeal to a broader audience.
    so not sure what Ladyoftheforest is going on about and people have the right to be confused if they don't understand Kojima.
    But of course. Everyone has their own level of observation/interest/attentionspan. I'm merely saying that if you pay enough attention you will be able to see the general concept of the game. Im not saying that you will like it, that's up to the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    snip
    Sony literally required people to finish the game to post a review at the embargo. You don't know shit until you finish the game, as is per typical with a Kojima game.

Imagine trying to say you knew the point of MGS2 before hearing the final conversations between Raiden and the Colonel. lmao.