Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Just read the full article before buying next time ? I mean, it was said in the news. If you have to blame someone, it's the fansite you follow for not spreading the good information.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Maud View Post
    The fact that this is even being debated shows that the way blizz handled this situation was far from perfect. The way i see it, in the context of how these things generally work in the industry, blizz implied there would be a 500k base price pool and 25% of the ingame microtransaction proceeds would be added on top of it, but admittedly blizzard never explicitly said so. All i can say is well played, but don't expect any "help" from me in funding of any future projects.

They are crafty with words, never expect anything unless it's explicitly stated.
    The fact it's being debated doesn't necessarily put any blame on blizzard. I mean, we're on the internet, blizzard could cure cancer, offer it to free to everyone and people would complain they're putting Oncologists out of business. That said, I can see why people are confused, but that doesn't mean what Blizzard did was wrong. They literally did what they said they'd do, which is more obvious when you compare it to their SC2 funding.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Does this mean that they will shut down MDI and dungeons can be made without thinking about esport?

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Just read the full article before buying next time ? I mean, it was said in the news. If you have to blame someone, it's the fansite you follow for not spreading the good information.
    Yes. I think that snutz interview on asmongold's channel started the drama when snutz questioned morality from Blizzard which is hilarious in itself. If he wants more money for the tournament than he should take the issue directly to Blizzard. Also, I'm not defending Blizzard by any means considering they pocket 75% from these microtransactions related to the prize pool. Personally, these players who were invited for a closed door meeting should've negotiated for more than 25% or larger prize pool, why complain now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    But what they left out was... "oh.. and the amount we add into the prize pool.. well.. we take that money away and supplement with yours instead" part. Just out of curiosity do you work at Blizzard or own a lot of stock in them? Seem way to invested.
    All prize money given by Blizzard is supplemented from players. Blizzard doesn't print money. If it didn't come from the toy then it would have came from loot boxes, card packs, subscription, merchandise etc. Blizzard didn't leave out anything. I don't have to work at Blizzard or own stock to be against dumb hate. The question is why do you hate so much? Why do you keep accusing them of lying or leaving parts out when they did nothing of the sort?

Not surprising though that you try to insult the person calling you out on your dumb hate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    It's not about not being able to read when it was worded very vague.
    You actually don't believe that this isn't one of the scummiest move? Not only did they not contribute anything to their own tournaments, they even filled their pockets with 2 million for 1 hour worth of work.
    All money Blizzard earns is their money. They sold an item and specifically said a portion of sales will go to the prize pool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Maud View Post
    The fact that this is even being debated shows that the way blizz handled this situation was far from perfect. The way i see it, in the context of how these things generally work in the industry, blizz implied there would be a 500k base price pool and 25% of the ingame microtransaction proceeds would be added on top of it, but admittedly blizzard never explicitly said so. All i can say is well played, but don't expect any "help" from me in funding of any future projects.
    They didn't imply there would be a base. People assumed there would be a base. You can see the difference between SC2 warchest where there is a base prize pool that sales are added to. It is clearly worded to indicate such. They didn't word it that way for toy sales because they were not doing it the same way. Sweet so you are quitting all Blizzard products right? Because that is how they fund everything.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    All prize money given by Blizzard is supplemented from players. Blizzard doesn't print money. If it didn't come from the toy then it would have came from loot boxes, card packs, subscription, merchandise etc. Blizzard didn't leave out anything. I don't have to work at Blizzard or own stock to be against dumb hate. The question is why do you hate so much? Why do you keep accusing them of lying or leaving parts out when they did nothing of the sort?

Not surprising though that you try to insult the person calling you out on your dumb hate.

- - - Updated - - -

All money Blizzard earns is their money. They sold an item and specifically said a portion of sales will go to the prize pool.

- - - Updated - - -

They didn't imply there would be a base. People assumed there would be a base. You can see the difference between SC2 warchest where there is a base prize pool that sales are added to. It is clearly worded to indicate such. They didn't word it that way for toy sales because they were not doing it the same way. Sweet so you are quitting all Blizzard products right? Because that is how they fund everything.
    You must be extremely senitive because I didn't call you dumb. Unless you think me asking you if you work at Blizzard is an insult which I doubt. Kinda defeats the shill until death angle you have been taking.

It is also clear you haven't fallowed my whole conversation. I have stated many times I have no problem with them making money. Covering the cost of producing the show, creating the items, and pocketing some cash on the side is fine. Where I disagree with them is how they mislead against industry standards in prize pools.

All other companies in the esports biz do things like this too. Sale promotion items to augment prize pools. The difference is they put the 500k in the pool. Then they add in the prize money and sure, they take a cut. Never mind these are mostly free to play games. So no buying boxes. No substripion fee. So apparently these companies with less reliable streams of money can pull it off. But why can't Blizzard? What Blizzard did was put 500k in the pool. Then sold something removing thier commitment to the pool. Sprinkled a dusting of the massive earning to "show they care" and pocketed almost all the money on a game that, yeah, prints money by subsription and digital sales out the ass anyway you want to spin it.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Oh please. Blizz said they make 25% earned, the price money and now you complain they take other 75%? Looks like not just only have people with reading problems in this thread.

What about you walk somewhere, somewhere you learn how to read.
    people don't need to learn to read (well, basically they do in elementary), but to comprehend what they read.

15+ Year Old Account
    You must be extremely senitive because I didn't call you dumb. Unless you think me asking you if you work at Blizzard is an insult which I doubt. Kinda defeats the shill until death angle you have been taking.
    I never said you called me dumb. Just like with Blizzard you can't seem to read what is actually there. Blizzard didn't mislead anyone. They clearly stated what they would do. When they add the a fixed amount to the sales, like with the SC2 Warchest, they clearly state what they are doing. If you assume they are doing something else then stated then the problem isn't with Blizzard but with the people who read incorrectly.

It doesn't matter if others do it differently. It doesn't matter if WoW has a subscription. It doesn't matter if other games are free to play (lol like loot boxes and other monetary schemes are not in play). What matters is that Blizzard did what they said but you are hating on them as if they lied.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It doesn't matter if others do it differently. It doesn't matter if WoW has a subscription. It doesn't matter if other games are free to play (lol like loot boxes and other monetary schemes are not in play). What matters is that Blizzard did what they said but you are hating on them as if they lied.
    Of course it matters, just not to you. Those reasons are the primary reasons people are upset. You're so focused on the wording, and how some people misunderstood the wording, but you're ignoring the issue that's upsetting more people.

I never misunderstood the wording, but I still feel like Blizzard are acting scummy in this situation. Everyone is responsible for their actions, and can get called out on it. Blizzard made the decision to not contribute a base amount and have it all be crowd funded, and they can be called out on that decision no matter how upfront it was or wasn't. They could have flat out said "The more you contribute through crowd funding, the less we will contribute directly.", making it as clear as possible, and my feelings on the matter wouldn't change - they would still be seen negatively for doing it that way.

Other companies are more generous with less resources; Blizzard can be compared negatively, and you don't have the right to stop others from feeling that way.

If all you have to contribute to this conversation (over your past 5+ messages?) is how some people didn't understand the wording, then I believe you have made that point. Do you have anything else to add? I've seen your avatar in this thread repeating the same point, but not much else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    Of course it matters, just not to you. Those reasons are the primary reasons people are upset. You're so focused on the wording, and how some people misunderstood the wording, but you're ignoring the issue that's upsetting more people.
    Because what they said and what they did is important. They can't lie if they did what the said. They can't mislead. Different things are done differently. It should not be fine to crucify a company because they stated they would be doing something differently and then did exactly as they stated. Yes other companies are more generous with less resources. That is irrelevant. Why is this turning into a general hate on Blizzard thread in order to justify the hate?

What do you have to contribute besides hate? And blaming Blizzard for not doing what other companies do? I am not stopping anyone from feeling the way they do. It is funny how you say I don't have the right but want to stop me from sharing my view in the very same post. It always seems to be the people on the side of hate that allow any and all hate but will say people have no right to call out the dumb stuff.

Do you honestly go and complain about any company who offers less then say fortnite? Why not? We should compare all companies to one specific company right? Why can't all esports be as generous or do it exactly same as others?

I never said you called me dumb. Just like with Blizzard you can't seem to read what is actually there. Blizzard didn't mislead anyone. They clearly stated what they would do. When they add the a fixed amount to the sales, like with the SC2 Warchest, they clearly state what they are doing. If you assume they are doing something else then stated then the problem isn't with Blizzard but with the people who read incorrectly.

So Blizzard went against industry standards. I am very happy we agree here. So they mislead people using industry standards. I didn't say lied. I said creatively worded to mislead. Difference.

15+ Year Old Account
    So Blizzard went against industry standards. I am very happy we agree here. So they mislead people using industry standards. I didn't say lied. I said creatively worded to mislead. Difference.
    They didn't mislead people using industry standards if they didn't follow industry standards. Can't have it both ways. Either they mislead using industry standards or they didn't follow industry standards. If people can't read and understand what is going on then they will be mislead regardless of anything else going on. I said you are hating on them as if they lied not that you said they lied. Again you show that you only read what you want instead of what is exactly there.

You are showing exactly why it doesn't matter what Blizzard did. People would only see what they wanted and use whatever excuse they can to hate.

You may want to do a bit of research before you make claims. First off, there is no "industry standard" in what the prize pool "should be" for an esports event. Secondly, there are many publications available on the internet that show that the range of prize pools varies from as low as $50k to as high as $25M depending on the esport. My issues with all of this is where the $2.6M number came from that is being stated as the amount that Blizzard earned in the sales of the toys. If someone has a link to that earning statement, please provide it. To me, it looks like we had someone (Snutz) look at the announced prize pool of $660K and multiplied that by 4 to get the $2.6M then took to social media to get support of a false accusation instead of doing the proper thing and discussing it with Blizzard direct. Obviously I have no evidence to the contrary, but so far I have not seen any about the $2.6M being real.

Here, let me help you: www esportsearnings com
    Last edited by Evolutious; 2019-10-31 at 07:59 PM.

They didn't mislead people using industry standards if they didn't follow industry standards. Can't have it both ways. Either they mislead using industry standards or they didn't follow industry standards. If people can't read and understand what is going on then they will be mislead regardless of anything else going on. I said you are hating on them as if they lied not that you said they lied. Again you show that you only read what you want instead of what is exactly there.

You are showing exactly why it doesn't matter what Blizzard did. People would only see what they wanted and use whatever excuse they can to hate.
    I am not hating? I am ashamed of Blizzard. Big difference.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not hating? I am ashamed of Blizzard. Big difference.
    You are insulting people for saying Blizzard didn't mislead when you yourself said you don't even mind what blizzard did. That is far from shame. You jumped on the hate wagon and brought up the cliched insults for anyone who disagreed with the wagon's consensus of Blizzard.

The Blizzcon 2018 AWC prize pool was 280k. It's safe to say it would've been something similar this year without the whole toy campaign. Considering AWC and MDI having had the same prize pools in the cups this year, it's safe to assume the MDI numbers would've been the same for this year's Blizzcon.

Honestly they would've sold the same amount of toys and had to have commited the same amount of money towards this year's Blizzcon even without this promotion. Seems like a faux pas on their part considering the negative press they've gained.