10+ Year Old Account
    I will not be fooled by cinematic prowess. Give me mechanics info

What is your most hyped xpac immedietely after the announcement trailer? Gotta be Cata for me. No xpac ever seemingly promise more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I'll likely view those a few times as well afterwards. Definitely want to see it live, though.

Yup! Pleaded the team for this panel every year until it finally happened. So happy they're still doing it.
    Well, seems like i'm buying the VT again!
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    What is your most hyped xpac immedietely after the announcement trailer? Gotta be Cata for me. No xpac ever seemingly promise more.
    Cata, you could see my nipples from space during that reveal

Rest was

Mop : Oh no

Wod : pls stop

Legion : class halls seem ok

Bfa: ???? Wat?
    Last edited by Grimfrost; 2019-11-01 at 09:55 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Welp it seems the BfA hype thread may have won, but 1500 before BlizzCon is super easy.

I couldn't resist today, have bought VT again.... cry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    I loved that panel! It was crazy to see how quickly it can come together.
    Heck, that panel is what convinced me that Island Expeditions of various themes will not cost us a raid tier!

cata was pretty hype actually yea, i remember everyone reacting to flying everywhere, it was such a roar!

buuut the game itself destroyed wow xd

both literally and literally

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    I remember watching the BfA trailer. I thought right away "filler expansion".
    BfA was the expansion I always wanted when it was revealed.

Zandalar. Faction war. Dinosaurs. South seas.

In hindsight I don’t think the expansion sucked, just once again the systems and class design team of team B dropped the ball hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tzeeth View Post
    I couldn't resist today, have bought VT again.... cry.
    Now you can be a Yeti in all the cutscenes that show your character model!

Yeah, I agree, the Cata announcement was nuts. I thought the WoD announcement was pretty awesome, too, but then... well, anyways. The WoD cinematic/announcement were both mind bending with both the content and the lore. I was really looking forward to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    BfA was the expansion I always wanted when it was revealed.

Zandalar. Faction war. Dinosaurs. South seas.

In hindsight I don’t think the expansion sucked, just once again the systems and class design team of team B dropped the ball hard.
    Add Old Gods to that, and the idea is good, execution a bit subpar (tho I still stand by that the expansion itself wasn't too bad as a whole, it's just that some of the core stuff we encounter in daily play was bad)

#teamnotinkerspls

10+ Year Old Account
    GALLYWIX: "My father once told me that gold was like a dream. Beautiful, ephemeral... unattainable. Well, he was wrong!"

<Goblin music starts blasting at full volume as the camera pans over various goblin-themed locations, including Kezan and the Undermine. We see goblins juggling golden apples, performing cartwheels, and shanking people in dark alleys. The camera zooms in on a goblin's face. He grins and bites a gold coin.>

GALLYWIX: "Gold is what keeps the world together, you hear me?! If the gold stops pouring in, what does that leave for the rest of us? A whole lot o' nothing, that's what!"

<We cut to the map showing various new zones, including Hiji, Tel'Abim, Kezan, Lost Isles, and an updated Azshara which is now called Gallywix. It zooms in on Kezan.>

[NEW CONTINENT: KEZAN]

<We see Kezan restored to its former glory and a glimpse at its mighty underground capital, the Undermine. There are goblins swinging their pickaxes away at gold veins everywhere. We also see many new creatures, such as a goblin that looks like a rat, a hunchback goblin with golden eyes, and a goblin that looks like a fusion between a naga and a human. The camera cuts away to a scene of goblins running away from an exploding mine.>

[ADVENTURE TO LEVEL 130]

<A goblin is seen shanking another goblin and stealing his gold.>

[NEW DUNGEONS AND RAIDS]

<Several new dungeons are shown, most of them goblin-themed. There's a golden cave, an open field with gold scattered around, a prison, a tropical island, and the ruins of what looks like Gallywix's Mansion.>

[EXPLORE LOST CAVES]

<Three goblins are seen running into an old cave and starting to dig up the ground. One of them is holding a map.>

[FIND GALLYWIX'S GOLD]

<The goblins mentioned above find a chest that is filled to the brim with gold.>

[DOMINATE GOLDFRONTS]

<A feature eerily similar to Warfronts is shown, with goblins launching explosives at a mansion while picking up nuggets of gold that are strewn about everywhere.>

<Gallywix takes a heroic pose and looks off to the distance.>

GALLYWIX: "We cannot tarry any longer. The time has come to find the gold!"

<Gallywix fires a missile towards the camera, transitioning to the logo for the expansion.>

[WORLD OF WARCRAFT: GOLDMINES OF GALLYWIX]

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Cata, you could see my nipples from space during that reveal
    Screenshot / Satellite picture or it didn't happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Yeah, I agree, the Cata announcement was nuts. I thought the WoD announcement was pretty awesome, too, but then... well, anyways. The WoD cinematic/announcement were both mind bending with both the content and the lore. I was really looking forward to it.
    And WoD would've been remembered better if it didn't scrap a major content patch. Don't think people would mind time traveling orcs as much then.

I liked all reveals almost equally. Other than BfA that is...

just had a thought regarding the bastion and kyrian "leak".

Unborn Val'kyr battle pet has the flavour text. Val'kyr are considered "unborn" until they vanquish a creature of high nobility.

Hidden foreshadowing of there being an anti-thesis to val'kyr i.e. the kyrian?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    GALLYWIX: "My father once told me that gold was like a dream. Beautiful, ephemeral... unattainable. Well, he was wrong!"

<Goblin music starts blasting at full volume as the camera pans over various goblin-themed locations, including Kezan and the Undermine. We see goblins juggling golden apples, performing cartwheels, and shanking people in dark alleys. The camera zooms in on a goblin's face. He grins and bites a gold coin.>

GALLYWIX: "Gold is what keeps the world together, you hear me?! If the gold stops pouring in, what does that leave for the rest of us? A whole lot o' nothing, that's what!"

<We cut to the map showing various new zones, including Hiji, Tel'Abim, Kezan, Lost Isles, and an updated Azshara which is now called Gallywix. It zooms in on Kezan.>

[NEW CONTINENT: KEZAN]

<We see Kezan restored to its former glory and a glimpse at its mighty underground capital, the Undermine. There are goblins swinging their pickaxes away at gold veins everywhere. We also see many new creatures, such as a goblin that looks like a rat, a hunchback goblin with golden eyes, and a goblin that looks like a fusion between a naga and a human. The camera cuts away to a scene of goblins running away from an exploding mine.>

[ADVENTURE TO LEVEL 130]

<A goblin is seen shanking another goblin and stealing his gold.>

[NEW DUNGEONS AND RAIDS]

<Several new dungeons are shown, most of them goblin-themed. There's a golden cave, an open field with gold scattered around, a prison, a tropical island, and the ruins of what looks like Gallywix's Mansion.>

[EXPLORE LOST CAVES]

<Three goblins are seen running into an old cave and starting to dig up the ground. One of them is holding a map.>

[FIND GALLYWIX'S GOLD]

<The goblins mentioned above find a chest that is filled to the brim with gold.>

[DOMINATE GOLDFRONTS]

<A feature eerily similar to Warfronts is shown, with goblins launching explosives at a mansion while picking up nuggets of gold that are strewn about everywhere.>

<Gallywix takes a heroic pose and looks off to the distance.>

GALLYWIX: "We cannot tarry any longer. The time has come to find the gold!"

<Gallywix fires a missile towards the camera, transitioning to the logo for the expansion.>

[WORLD OF WARCRAFT: GOLDMINES OF GALLYWIX]
    The expansion we need, but not the expansion we deserve!

(Also disappointed that a feature isn't "Gold Cap raised x100)

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    same. I was like "This is a pvp expansion? Really?"
    Despite ostensibly being a PvP expansion, I can't say the PvP scene in BfA has felt particularly good. There have been a few decent WPvP moments here and there (the unholy storm of Champions Emissary + Zone Emissary + Zone CTA = bloodbath at Azerite WQs, and early Battle for Nazjatar) but I can't say much more.