Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands

So, predictably, Shadowlands is the next expansion and as such requires a thread.

Right off the bat after the cinematic Ion already got something wrong in that no living person has ever walked in the Shadowlands, which is contradicted by at least two quests that I can think of.

Anyway, I'm wondering what Sylvanas' arrows are made of. It has been bugging me for some time but now they can outright shapeshift and shatter giant boulders (or perhaps Saronite spiles, not 100% sure).

I do dig the music of the trailer though. And Bolvar being able to use both ice and fire was pretty neat. Shame he ended so pathetic compared to Arthas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nothing surprising. It was funny to seee sylvanas show bolvar who is boss of this gym.

Also its funny how artifact that was made 30 years ago was only thing keeping shadowlands in check. So how were they keeping it in bay for thousands years before lich king?

Also, bolvar looked super dry. Maybe he should lift more. Sylvanas on the other hand was grazing all attacks like proffesional touhou player.

Oh and ofc, sylvanas confirmed to be gul'dan/garrosh.

Sylvi also has gotten a level up. Since she casually beats the Lich King.

Cinematic was still excellent, though. Blizz Cinematic team knows what they are doing.

Btw, for such a "hellish" realm, there are some very cute animals there...

Lich King is a weak bit*** LoL.

also, I'm tired of Sylvanas and her plot armor.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-11-07 at 12:03 PM.

No new race? No new class?

cinematic was terrible.. wth.. which is shocking since they're produce some amazing work.

I'm not even anti-sylv like some are but the opening lame narration.. easily beating the lich king.. how many expansions are we going to have to deal with chasing carmen sandiego around?
    Last edited by jstnw89; 2019-11-01 at 06:56 PM.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

No new class or race?????

So they asspulled Sylvanas to be stronger than the Lich King lmao

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously need to wait until more details about the expansion are released, but as of right now, I'm a bit unimpressed. Didn't have the same impact on me that Legion and even BFA did.

The trailer was pretty light on features/systems changes, so I can't really judge it yet. Zones look very promising though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

A lot of stuff that I found silly in the cinematic.
    1) the Lich King just gruntles and attacks, if we didn't know it was Bolvar I'd think he was an Ogre
    2) Sylvannas conjures her potential and just single-handedly defeats him, then rips the Helm of Dom. apart
    3) for some reason the sky just opens itself after that
    They'll probably say Sylvannas had the powers of Nzo'th or something but it looked really silly, especially the first one.
    And who's the big bad guy? Will Bolvar survive?
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

Also its funny how artifact that was made 30 years ago was only thing keeping shadowlands in check. So how were they keeping it in bay for thousands years before lich king?
    I don't think it was the helmet holding it back, rather the helmet was connected so strongly to it. So Sylvannas destroyed the helmet and used its power and connection to tear open the rift. Anyone else destroying the helmet wouldn't have done that, it was just a tool she used.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    No new race? No new class?
    Did you even listen - the full reveal is at 2:30pm ... if only I knew which one that was

Cinematic felt more like a teaser than anything else... hope they have a decent full cinematic soon.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Alliance players hate her - find one easy trick which made that elven woman beat all lore characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    cinematic was terrible.. wth
    lol...........

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Seems she's working for whatever big bad that was she frees from the Shadowlands. So if N'zoth can make Azshara more powerful from his prison, I imagine that thing did the same with Sylvannas

That Expansion looks so incredibly bad...like a whole AddOn of Argus. Also no interesting new Feature in sight. Im Disappointed af

I am immediately repulsed by the cinematic.

I’m tired of EMO Queen Sylvanas.

Wow needed a massive time skip, not this

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Did you even listen - the full reveal is at 2:30pm ... if only I knew which one that was
    Very unlikely they'll have a new race/class and not have it featured in the features trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    No new class or race?????
    Includes a pre-purchase* of World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands™ and early access to Death Knights for Allied Races and Pandaren starting with the Visions of N’Zoth content update. .. i guess new class combinations at least?