Poll: How dissapointing was the blizzcon trailer for you?

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Cinematic was amazing, great visuals and build up.
    Thanked god we didn't get Bolvar(the most boring character in wow lore) as the big baddy.
    Shadowlands as the location was the most unimaginitive possible choice and I was hoping for a big bang like Legion was
    but this is more like BFA 2.0. Very disappointed but I guess it's time to let go of WOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningOne View Post
    Considering how much money WoW has generated over the years and your apparent confidence you could make it obviously better, why would you waste your time revealing your competitive advantage on this forum when you could be designing your own game and generating billions of dollars in revenue for yourself?
    "dude just build a million dollar franchise and piggyback off from better former devs, more successfully than the people you're criticizing"

That's never been an argument, try again.

Looks devoid of anything really new or interesting. Not interested in it at all, looks more boring than BFA
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    you obviously didnt pay attention to lore ner'zul was sent ages ago in form of lich king before the legion came for first time .. learn f lore
    Why? It's not like Blizz pays any attention to it (lore-wise, Shadowlands is a total ass-pull).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    "dude just build a million dollar franchise and piggyback off from better former devs, more successfully than the people you're criticizing"

That's never been an argument, try again.
    It's the best argument there is. There are posts all over this forum from people who have no data about anything other than their own bad attitude who think they know how to "fix" a 15 year old game which has generated hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars. If I was as confident as they seem to be I'd have a kickstarter page titled "The Right Way to do WoW" going tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningOne View Post
    It's the best argument there is. There are posts all over this forum from people who have no data about anything other than their own bad attitude who think they know how to "fix" a 15 year old game which has generated hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars. If I was as confident as they seem to be I'd have a kickstarter page titled "The Right Way to do WoW" going tomorrow.
    "The Right Way To Get a Lawsuit From Blizzard" more like.

And no, it's not the best argument there is. The fact that you think this is an "epic own" that "shuts down haters" reflects on you in the worst of ways.

But hey, I as a consumer cannot criticize any product aimed at me. I must get excited for the product and eagerly anticipate consuming said product. That's why they're Blizzard employees, right?

P.S. The "B-but they work at Blizzard so they know better than you" appeal was never an argument to begin with. It became considerably worse once the brain trust at Irvine managed to lose over half of their subscribers in under 1 year.

I'm sad about not getting a new class, but the other shit sounds cool enough.

Only thing that could make the announcements any better would be return to old style talent trees.
    Tbh I don't think i've said "hell yeah" this often in one night before.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHodedOne View Post
    So after weeks of hype, Bolvar and Sylvanas leaks, plot analysis and hundreds of leak we finally got the reveal, which I founded to be really lame to be honest.
    Is that because of your predisposition to be easily disappointed? I often wonder if some people-- on this forum and many others-- are destined to be bitter and cynical at anything new. Without even playing an hour of the expansion, it must already be terrible. Why? How?

I'm pretty sick of Sylvanas, she's the Purple Satan to Thrall's Green Jesus.

Other than that, I thought everything looked pretty good.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

The biggest selling feature of the expansion is a procedurally generated dungeon, a type of content which I personally despise. Maybe Blizzard is capable of pulling it off, but right now I'm skeptical. We'll see.

Sylvanas is like the Greta Thunberg of the undead. Half the time you don't understand what she's always angry about and the rest of the time she doesn't either.

*Narration starts as Sylvanas enters ICC*

"This is all wrong. I shouldn't be up here on ICC. I should be back in Quel'thalas on the other side of the ocean. Yet, you all cry to us undead people about hope. How dare you!

You have stolen my dreams and my millenia-long adulthood with your frozen swords and yet I'm one of the lucky ones. People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction and all you can talk about is honor and fairytales of eternal honorable growth. How dare you!

For more than 30 years, the situation on Azeroth has been crystal clear. How dare you continue to look away and come here saying that you're doing enough when the politics and solutions needed are still nowhere in sight.

You say you hear us and that you understand the urgency, but no matter how sad and angry I am, I do not want to believe that.

The popular idea of cutting our plague emissions in half in 10 years only gives us a 50 percent chance of staying below 1.5 Gilneases and the risk of setting off irreversible chain reactions beyond undead control.

Fifty percent may be acceptable to you, but those numbers do not include tipping points, most faction war loops, additional warming hidden by toxic plague pollution or the aspects of equity and death's justice."
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2019-11-02 at 12:47 AM.

I love the Sylvanas vs Bolvar cinematic. THAT is how to motivate people to kill your villain lollol. People are up in arms now. They want her sooooo dead. That will get the epic edition purchase from me.

If I'm writing this, I bring Arthas back and have her kill her, but not before he says "you are not worthy of this bow".
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Was on the fence about coming back after 6 years off, and I the videos and what's next panel sold me. Death realms always intrigue me and this gives off a Darksiders 2 vibe, which is a game I love. I love the changes made to help alts, the endless dungeon looks great, the covenant system is neat. Definitely looking forward to tomorrows panel for more info.

Cinematic looked cool but the game looks devoid of any creativity or meaning.

I'm really disappointed there's no new caster class, but I do think the zones look interesting aswell as that endless tower.
    So none of the options given suit my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    Is that because of your predisposition to be easily disappointed? I often wonder if some people-- on this forum and many others-- are destined to be bitter and cynical at anything new. Without even playing an hour of the expansion, it must already be terrible. Why? How?
    You already know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    "looks like the best expac ever"

LOL. Who the hell actually voted for this?

You know WoW and the player base is in a piss poor state when simply fixing a broken game feels like the "best expac ever".

Yikes.
    people who like it and there were no other options in the biased poll answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between looks filler and best xpac ever. Certainly looks better than BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    Looks amazing, I can't wait to play it.
    This.
    The amount of pure troll posts mmo-champ allows is really frustrating.