Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    ...? This isn't a pattern. Mid November, Late August, Mid August. That's not a pattern.
    If there is any pattern, it's that it gets released earlier in the year each time.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If there is any pattern
    There is definitively a pattern - it gets released a few weeks before the pre-order guarantee date.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2019-11-02 at 06:34 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    When does the next FFXIV Xpac drop, because that is when Shadowlands will release :P
    That would be Early Summer 2021.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    ...? This isn't a pattern. Mid November, Late August, Mid August. That's not a pattern.
    It's the time they had left to announce the expansion.

Not really.. everything at the end of legion ...the sword etc.. where things used to start things in bfa.. actually relevant.. if they dont release 7.3 and release shadowlands it would not have any change.
    ( Patch isnt out so i dunno if something does happen that its relevant but at least not in the same way as legion to bfa and not right now that i know )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ombus View Post
    At this point we are getting the next patch just to give them more time to make the expansion.. its a patch that doesnt matter..
    Every final patch of every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Had no idea ... that's why I looked up the previous numbers to find out. Was hoping for an August 2020 release.

- - - Updated - - -

Well - I said mid November 2020, which fits with 4th quarter 2020.
    August 2020 would be an insanely short final raid patch.

I don't expect n'zoth before 2020 (they don't like to release raids around christmas) so if we predict a week one January launch with an average prepatch length of 4-6 weeks that would only give 6 months for the last raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Every final patch of every expansion.
    If you remove legion patch then one will not understand stuff in bfa..

If you remove legion patch then one will not understand stuff in bfa..
    Is that true though?

The only real pre bfa stuff in legion was pre patch stuff (burning of tree, battle for lordaeron) The Heart of Azeroth stuff was given post launch.

But other than the actual sword getting stabbed into azeroth nothing from 7.3 followed into 8.0

There is definitively a pattern - it gets released a few weeks before the pre-order guarantee date.
    No, that's your assumption. They've released games months before the guarantee date. You cannot establish a reliable pattern from so few data points.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    August 2020 would be an insanely short final raid patch.

I don't expect n'zoth before 2020 (they don't like to release raids around christmas) so if we predict a week one January launch with an average prepatch length of 4-6 weeks that would only give 6 months for the last raid tier.
    Depends on when it releases. January to August would give us 7-8 months, which is perfectly normal tier length.

No, that's your assumption.
    No - there is a pattern - that's just objective fact.

My assumption is that they will hold to the pattern.

- - - Updated - - -

They've released games months before the guarantee date.
    Name one WoW expansion they have released months before the guarantee date ?

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    Is that true though?

The only real pre bfa stuff in legion was pre patch stuff (burning of tree, battle for lordaeron) The Heart of Azeroth stuff was given post launch.

But other than the actual sword getting stabbed into azeroth nothing from 7.3 followed into 8.0
    Well for starters the sword is what caused azerite to appear.. wich caused more war to start between alliance and horde and then in bfa you are called to get the heart of azeroth and get azerite to heal/stabilize azeroth.. so if we didint get the patch of the stabbing then bfa couldnt start...

same for other expansions... from wod to legion if last patch was not released then guldan was not send to our time and get illidan etc etc...

There is still a chance that the patch does introduces important story but at the moment the patch could have not been announced and be the same in shadowlands.

No - there is a pattern - that's just objective fact.
    No, there's a trend. Not a pattern. What you identify as a pattern is merely an assumption on your part that the trend will continue.

No, that's your assumption. They've released games months before the guarantee date. You cannot establish a reliable pattern from so few data points.

Depends on when it releases. January to August would give us 7-8 months, which is perfectly normal tier length.
    Only gives us 7-8 months if you ignore the 9.0 prepatch time. Also 7-8 months would be a very short last raid patch

Well for starters the sword is what caused azerite to appear.. wich caused more war to start between alliance and horde and then in bfa you are called to get the heart of azeroth and get azerite to heal/stabilize azeroth.. so if we didint get the patch of the stabbing then bfa couldnt start...

same for other expansions... from wod to legion if last patch was not released then guldan was not send to our time and get illidan etc etc...

There is still a chance that the patch does introduces important story but at the moment the patch could have not been announced and be the same in shadowlands.
    Well for starters there is data mined bolvar text in 8.3 so yes there is obviously a bridge between the two.

No, there's a trend. Not a pattern.
    LOL - a trend is a kind of pattern dude, a trend is normally associated with linear result over time.

Given this is not a linear result over time - the more generic pattern is a better term.

LOL - a trend is a kind of pattern dude, a trend is normally associated with linear result over time.

Given this is not a linear result over time - the more generic pattern is a better term.
    Given you have a whopping three data points, "random guess" is a better term.

People acting like Blizzard is purposely creating arbitrary patterns is the funniest shit.

No, its coincidence. Its not a pattern. You have a sample size of a whopping three. Stop.

You are right about the pattern, but i don't think it will be released in november: WoW never does well in the Winter-Sales. And 15 November is all in all a very bad release time, since many people will simply not have the time to play. I think late october seems more likely, around halloween or they go full nuts and release it mid december, 2 weeks before christmas.

All in all a winter-release-date seems somehow risky. But yes, Mid November seems with the guaranteed release date very likely.