Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone see the camera man.

They announced the new human customisations and he zooms into an Asian guy in the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    They announced the new human customisations and he zooms into an Asian guy in the audience.
    Yes. What’s your point?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Yes. What’s your point?
    Surely some weakass point to complain about...

The premise is for the human option to look and feel a bit more like 'you', and the cameraman zoomed in to an asian guy that seemed very happy to see that.

In fact, I think you can read the word 'Amazing' from his lips. Isn't that great?

Also... Finally matching faces for dark skin, no more super tanned caucasians as the default XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still curious about the lore explanation for Asian humans. The roleplayer in me is going insane keeping track of all these retcons.

That said, I suppose this is a good kind of retcon, and I'm always for more customization options. But where did they come from? Alterac? Dalaran? Those are the only two human kingdoms I can think of that don't have an ethnic group attributed to them.

i loved zoom in on a very confused dude after "One more thing..." announcement

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I'm still curious about the lore explanation for Asian humans. The roleplayer in me is going insane keeping track of all these retcons.

That said, I suppose this is a good kind of retcon, and I'm always for more customization options. But where did they come from? Alterac? Dalaran? Those are the only two human kingdoms I can think of that don't have an ethnic group attributed to them.
    I think it might be some sort of 'soft-retcon'? Well, we have seen them before, but now it just looks like humans are just humans, in all it's shapes and colors and they all come from the same places.

You can even make filipino people with humans now, it's great. And even albino (kind of), it's more complete with what humans can look like so far.

This is some sort of a completion of the human character option.

Edit: And, given that they said eye color will be separated from faces, you could supposedly be able to create humans that look even more unique than what you would find on real life.
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2019-11-02 at 09:17 AM.

the camera persons' job is to capture crowd excitement / feel good moments.. showing a WoW player have it revealed to them that they will have customization options that will be a lot closer to what they look like than the default we have now, is a pretty damn good moment..
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And that afro! Am I crazy that I now wish we get Maurice White's half-afro as an option???
    Hahaha, I don't know dude.

Well, it might be cool for creating like an old man with an afro hair.

But idk, it's a receding hairline at it's best, afro or not, not super exciting overall XD

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Surely some weakass point to complain about...

The premise is for the human option to look and feel a bit more like 'you', and the cameraman zoomed in to an asian guy that seemed very happy to see that.

In fact, I think you can read the word 'Amazing' from his lips. Isn't that great?

Also... Finally matching faces for dark skin, no more super tanned caucasians as the default XD
    Why only the human option? How about black goblins and asian forsaken?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian Warrior View Post
    Why only the human option? How about black goblins and asian forsaken?
    Forsaken... Yeah, why not. In fact, they have new colors too, and I don't know about faces but being undead kind of ruins it so idk xd

But Goblins? They aren't even human, what kind of question is that? -_-

Nope, probably because he's behind the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    But Goblins? They aren't even human, what kind of question is that? -_-
    Orcs aren't human, and they have brown skin.

5+ Year Old Account
    More options are great, but this is lore breaking. Stormwind humans are not Asian or African, they're European.

I saw that OP...and i cringed reminded me of this video

Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-11-02 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    More options are great, but this is lore breaking. Stormwind humans are not Asian or African, they're European.
    I don't see why breaking this bit of lore is that big of a deal?
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    I don't see why breaking this bit of lore is that big of a deal?
    Fair enough, at this point there are more holes in it than in Swiss cheese.

We'll just have to assume that Asian and African Stormwind humans have been hiding in the Sewers or something for the last 15 years. Which of course still doesn't explain where they come from originally. Where is that fabled southern human kingdom where the climate is so hot that people's skin becomes dark?
    Last edited by enigma77; 2019-11-02 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Can you point to Stormwind on a map of Europe for me? I’m a little dumb and can’t find it.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian Warrior View Post
    Orcs aren't human, and they have brown skin.
    Brown to gray is the default skin color of non-corrupt orcs. Different races have different variances of pigmentation that doesn't mirror irl humans.

It's been awhile now, there are bound to be panda and human couples in-game.... heh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Can you point to Stormwind on a map of Europe for me? I’m a little dumb and can’t find it.
    Not the brightest bulb in the box, are you?