Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Ppls and their „new class“ fetish

Hey,

what does ppls have with this „new class“ fetish ?

Its the same BS in another packing. A new class will be also based on the same builder/consumer pattern as every other class. They have already done ANY mechanic on the other 36 specs. So we talk solely about GFX and style.

And even if not: Most ppl do not stop playing their main and have ZERO value of a new class. Also Blizzard, which are not able to balance the existing 36 specs, have 2-3 specs more that influences balancing. They were so fukin out of ideas already that DH only got 2 specs in Legion, because every shit is already done before in the other 34 specs. Why bring that shit again on the table in a game that obviously can not handle them and have no real value of it ?

If the 36 specs get new or changed talents, or varying/customizable playstyles, everyone profits 10 times from that, than from a new class. The game feels better. For everyone. Instead „yeah, we have another class“.

I dont get it. I, personally, trade a new class against „NO RNG“, „better talents/class design“ and „playable alts“ EVERY FUKIN DAY in my life!

/discuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone defending this expansion will be hating it soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Everyone defending this expansion will be hating it soon enough.
    i am not trying to defending anything here. i am still sceptical and my oppinion will built up if i see more of it. but this has nothing to do with this tread. nonetheless i do not understand the outcry or the need for a new class. and this is what the thread is about.

I don't know why it's so hard to understand why some people like new classes to play. People have been playing the same classes for 15 years in some cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    New classes didn't stop them from overhauling existing ones in WotLK, MoP, and Legion. It's safe to say most couldn't care less about balance and would sacrifice streamlining in favor of fun gameplay. And if a new class is just a reskin then I'm guessing you're vehemently against cosmetics. Adding insult to injury, the art department has nothing to do with balance and numbers.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2019-11-02 at 12:49 PM.

I have a fetish for fun, you got me there. I feel so foolish now.

3+ Year Old Account
    People like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    Its the same BS in another packing. A new class will be also based on the same builder/consumer pattern as every other class. They have already done ANY mechanic on the other 36 specs. So we talk solely about GFX and style
    Honestly, my Demon Hunter feels very different from anything else I have played. Especially enjoying the mobility and the high burst AoE.

I dunno, I don't think the DKs, Monks, or DHs play like any other classes...

I want more tech abillities. There are 2 ways to do this:
    1) expanding engineering to a point where i can replace all my abillities with engineering ones
    2) introducing tinkers
    "Just accepting what is there" is not a viable option.

Game is old and people want to try something new.

And we haven't had any new ranged classes so far either, hopefully after shadowlands we'll get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because after a whole expansion playing the classes can get pretty stale in gameplay; spending the next two years doing the same rotations bar the ocassional extra power and the new covenant additions (which, if we take the example given at blizzcon, they are more situational than core to the gameplay) is just plain boring.
    Now, they can revamp and enhance the current specs to offer something new but that's a lot of work; appart from people not liking the reworks and the reworks just ending up simply worst than before.
    A new class would be easier than that. I think the reason they didn't add one this time is because the WoW team doesn't really plan on the Necromancer/Dark Ranger idea and another class wouldn't fit the theme that much for Shadowlands.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

I will believe that "no new class" was a good idea when the specs we have actually get the improvements they should have had 5 expansions ago. I want new stuff that makes me excited to play again. Even something like more cosmetic choices for existing classes would've been really cool. Maybe if I play a night elf priest I want my abilities to have a more lunar aesthetic. Or maybe I want my shamans spells to have a more witch doctor vibe. Or maybe I want my demonology warlock to feel more like a necromancer. Cosmetic stuff like this would've been just as good or even better than getting a new class. And it wouldn't bring any of the "balance issues" 3 new specs would bring.

Hey,

Its the same BS in another packing. A new class will be also based on the same builder/consumer pattern as every other class. They have already done ANY mechanic on the other 36 specs. So we talk solely about GFX and style.

And even if not: Most ppl do not stop playing their main and have ZERO value of a new class. Also Blizzard, which are not able to balance the existing 36 specs, have 2-3 specs more that influences balancing. They were so fukin out of ideas already that DH only got 2 specs in Legion, because every shit is already done before in the other 34 specs. Why bring that shit again on the table in a game that obviously can not handle them and have no real value of it ?

If the 36 specs get new or changed talents, or varying/customizable playstyles, everyone profits 10 times from that, than from a new class. The game feels better. For everyone. Instead „yeah, we have another class“.

I dont get it. I, personally, trade a new class against „NO RNG“, „better talents/class design“ and „playable alts“ EVERY FUKIN DAY in my life!

/discuss
    There's nothing to discuss if this is your stance. It's like saying 'I hate broccoli and the people who love it. Discuss'. I'm not sure why it bothers you so much that someone else wants or likes something different then you do.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post

Yet I see all the time for years people complaining how classes are bad and have changed for the worse and aren't the same as before yada yada yada

Yet here you are claiming that we've been playing the exact same way for 15 years. Weird.
    Feels like you're just being purposefully obtuse. Not sure why it's so hard to understand. Classes have changed over the years, but a Warrior is still a Warrior. A Mage is still a Mage.

People want new/different archetypes to have fun with. Like a new Ranged Physical DPS, or maybe an Intellect-based tank.

If you can't understand that people like new things, then you just need to give up arguing against it because you quite simply are incapable of understanding/accepting that people having a different opinions than you doesn't make them wrong.
    Last edited by Teekey; 2019-11-02 at 02:36 PM.

Hey,

/discuss
    stop crying. Some people dont care about balance. They just want to play a new class. Some people are bored of their class and want to try a complete new one as they dont like all the others. Some people like new things. let them have their fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    stop crying. Some people dont care about balance. They just want to play a new class. Some people are bored of their class and want to try a complete new one as they dont like all the others. Some people like new things. let them have their fun.
    If they don't like ANY other class than there is a solid chance they won't enjoy a new class either.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Also, why the fuck is any feature that someone disagrees with personally ridiculed as a "fetish"?

Grow up.

Hey,

/discuss
    While I am not one of those people who every expansion want a new class and sometimes I do scratch my head over some of the desired choices, I can understand the desire of some people who really want a certain class. I, myself, don't understand how a tinkerer would be much different from a hunter with engineering spec. But maybe the player has this really unique vision of how they would work and would be.

Maybe some of this comes from playing other games. Would a barbarian be that much different than a warrior? No, but would I still like one? sure. The argument that there is already 36 specs, pick one nad be happy, is like saying there is 20 flavors of ice cream we don't need any more. And while I could say maybe so, that new Honey graham cracker is pretty damn good.

Every expansion represents a chance to get your ideal dream class\race\spec\feature added. I get that it disappoints people when the announcement is made and that dream is dashed against the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So we aren't getting new things in shadowlands? Now who's being obtuse. And a warrior or mage in BFA plays NOTHING like a warrior or mage played in vanilla, or pretty much any other expansion, which is the point I'm making. You are getting all sorts of new shit to include each class playing differently than it did before or even than it does today and in 3 hours we might find out how much different.

Wow, you have zero reading comprehension whatsoever. What a pointless conversation.