Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    They specifically said there would be no AP grind so what's the problem? Some of you are trying soo hard to be upset here
    Ion said the class skills you get from Covenants are totally gameplay-changing. Look at the Kyrian ones already available: he lied.

What they say and what they do are two completely different things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piplupzero View Post
    Anima sounds 100% like a lore thing and 0% like a gameplay thing. I doubt it will have anything to do with the game outside of quest text. It even sounds like it only matters to one of the 4 "covenants". Im just wondering if vita will also be making an appearence seeing as that was the other force ra-den used in his fight.
    Apexis were also nothing even close to artifact power, they were just another currency. Closer to valor points or prismatic manapearls.
    You need Anima to improve and rank up your Covenant. So it’s basically AP as the Covenant is your new Artifact/HoA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Piplupzero View Post
    Anima sounds 100% like a lore thing and 0% like a gameplay thing. I doubt it will have anything to do with the game outside of quest text.
    Anima is going to be linked to the Soulbind system, which is basically an alternate Talent system. So it will absolutely have gameplay impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You need Anima to improve and rank up your Covenant. So it’s basically AP as the Covenant is your new Artifact/HoA.
    Difference is your progress is capped. Grinding Anima would be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    You guys might not want to admit it. You guys might not want to believe it.

But, give it 4-5 months of updates here and elsewhere and you'll realise Anima is just Azerite.

They cannot make the game without this system now. Apexis, Artifact Power, Azerite...and now Anima.

Obviously, they don't want you to know Anima is just Azerite just yet. They'll always say that it isn't no matter how similar it is - but it is.

They gave you the bait, now you're going to see the switch.

-

Oh, and that tower in the middle of the Maw. It's literally like one of those Hearthstone repeatable adventures and a diablo rift...but in WoW. Hearthstone used to make real content and real bosses before they started to make those. It's the repeatable-island content of this expansion. Don't let Blizzard keep making those or you might find yourself with no handcrafted dungeons at all come next expansion.

Uh....and, the tower in the middle of the maw....where all souls are going.....infinitely?

and anima is what again? the power from SOULS? Join the dots.

1. Anima is soul energy all beings possess when they die.
    2. people like Arthas have a ton of anima
    3. higher level mobs in the tower are going to have more anima.
    4. That tower is an infinite grinding tower where you'll be grinding anima from mobs.
    /end

LOL
    Hearthstone's solo content this year has been amazing, infinitely better than past solo stuff. So if you're saying wow is taking a lesson from that, awesome!

I personally never had a problem with Artifact/azerite power as a concept, the execution just killed it for me.

I would have been fine with it if it had an END POINT to it. Artifact power was alright because at a certain point, you could just say fuck it, its just adding a few more stats to my weapon, I'm done. Item level wasn't tied to the weapon because of Relics, and you only needed a certain level in the final patch to unlock the bonus relic traits.

Azerite power before I quit however... was mandatory. Because it was needed to unlock Azerite traits on future armor, plus it also increased item level on a slot you couldn't replace. This meant you needed to grind Azerite all the time if you were in a mythic raiding guild - "OH ITS OPTIONAL!" yeah try telling your GM its optional and then see a post on the forums for a replacement as you're bumped to casual rank or Gkicked. Nothing pisses off a mythic raiding guild more than "You're rolling on this item and your neck isnt high enough to use more than 2 traits?! Im giving it to billy there and YOU HAVE A WEEK TO GRIND ALL THE AP YOU CAN TO UNLOCK THOSE SLOTS!"

Not to mention in that situation you got a higher ilvl piece of gear but it couldn't be used cause you couldnt use traits on it or else you'd LOSE character power. Azerite was a nightmare that got me to quit the day BEFORE the Zul'dazar city raid. I loved raiding just this system was so aweful, it killed me and my guild.

If there was a cap on the necklace per patch, yeah i'd be cool with it. I'd even be glad. I want stopping points for grinds. I want to feel like my grind is paying off.

This is why im hoping Anima ISNT azerite/artifact power.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Difference is your progress is capped. Grinding Anima would be pointless.
    Then it’s a capped AP system. You still need to earn it to improve your Covenant. Don’t get me wrong, good that you cannot grind it. But it serves the same purpose as AP did during Legion or BfA, to improve your “artifact” (weapon, necklace, covenant).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Could be, but they literally stated there would be no "AP grind" in Shadowlands.
    Well, there was no AP grind required in BfA either, so it should all be good.

What they need to do with the new system is time gate it or something to force people not to grind it.
    That combined with their new alt levelling systems - might go a long way to stop people being their own worst enemies.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    There's nothing inherently wrong with AP in itself. A way of progression for your character outside of raids/dungeons is a good thing, despite what some people may believe. Problem begins when it's turned into an endless, neverending grind.

So far, we've been promised it won't be an endless grind. If they keep that promise, then I have no issues with new "AP".
    Endless isn't the only inherent issue with AP - it's the notion that you have to keep doing it throughout and expansion and your progress with it gets reset with each major patch. Time gating AP gains so that you can technically finish them but you have to log in x number of weeks of an expansion is just as bad as having no upper limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Endless isn't the only inherent issue with AP - it's the notion that you have to keep doing it throughout and expansion and your progress with it gets reset with each major patch. Time gating AP gains so that you can technically finish them but you have to log in x number of weeks of an expansion is just as bad as having no upper limit.
    If your not playing regularly then it doesn't matter that your behind the curve because you aren't doing the content that requires you to be on curve (aka the difficulty shit)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

They said there is no azerite grind. Why should there be Anima grind?

Maybe some but we need some grind, but will not be as azerite.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If your not playing regularly then it doesn't matter that your behind the curve because you aren't doing the content that requires you to be on curve (aka the difficulty shit)
    There's a difference between playing regularly and doing chores regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    If it's anything like the rifts in Diablo 3, I'll be super happy. I've spent so many hours blasting through them with friends!

And I'm interested in learning more about Anima. If it is just another AP grind with a different name, I'll be sad.
    I've already felt that MM+ keystones with affixes were already inspired by D3 rare npcs affixes + rifts. Also, I think it's nice taking some inspiration from another game you develop. The tower adds the randomness.

This is exactly what's going to happen. They're going to lessen the overwhelming sense of infinite grind, but still require you to log on every day to maximize your gains.

There's a difference between playing regularly and doing chores regularly.
    Your post talked about having to log in, if your 'having' to log in your not playing regularly. Chores or not.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The same can be said of raids. You have to keep doing those every patch, and a lot of people do not enjoy raids. I do not understand the issue people have with needing to do something throughout the expansion to remain on top. Do you just want to log in and have all progress mailed to you?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    They specifically said there would be no AP grind so what's the problem? Some of you are trying soo hard to be upset here
    Agreed. If they don't believe stuff they are explicitly saying then i don't get what they are doing here anyway or watching blizzcon.

If someone is that skeptical then just wait for expansions release and make up your mind then.

Guys, you should all watch Finalboss Bay's & Preach's interview with Ion himself on this. Anima is effectively AP grind, but with a (weekly?) cap so technically it's not a grind, get it? GET IT? Ion even calls it Anima Power in the interview. After reaching the cap, you only get nonpower stuff, so cosmetics etc. (Which worries me as a collector). The tower is mandatory. The discussion about Anima (power) starts from 9:58, but they talk about other interesting things, I suggest everyone to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Agreed. If they don't believe stuff they are explicitly saying then i don't get what they are doing here anyway or watching blizzcon.
    You sound like an abused spouse.

"They beat us and break their promises...but maybe this time they actually mean it!"

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    If someone is that skeptical then just wait for expansions release and make up your mind then.
    It's a discussion forum. God forbid people discuss things.

Ye, cause you played a lot of Shadowlands already.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Guys, you should all watch Finalboss Bay's & Preach's interview with Ion himself on this. Anima is effectively AP grind, but with a (weekly?) cap so technically it's not a grind, get it? GET IT? Ion even calls it Anima Power in the interview. After reaching the cap, you only get nonpower stuff, so cosmetics etc. (Which worries me as a collector). The tower is mandatory. The discussion about Anima (power) starts from 9:58, but they talk about other interesting things, I suggest everyone to watch it.

Ok so weekly cap like valor with an option to keep going for comsetics. And this is bad because......?