658. This poll is closed
  • Lich King

253 38.45%
  • Sylvanas

405 61.55%
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reallyblizz View Post
    If you were going to have someone kill the LK void Alleria would have been WAY more plausible.
    Ahh so you're just a salty Alliance fanboi.

10+ Year Old Account
    the LK hands down, we talk about one who blizz stated before the most dangerous enemy for Azeroth ever with his army
    the cinematic is so sh8t that ppl didn't even notice that he had his entire scourge army waiting for her, because she got rid of them in 0.0000001 nano second
    If she had to beat LK, they could made a far better way to show it, she can raise mindless skeleton to use as cannon fooder, she could u know, actually struggle or get hurt, use powers we already know she can (wtf is that flying stone sh8t? the LK was ex-shaman but Sylvanas never had any elemental power)
    what we got is a very comical 1 side fight from someone who just 2 exp ago was afraid a normal tauren rip her apart vs someone who used to be during his Arthas era described as the most powerful enemy in Azeroth
    And most of LK power come from his endless army, something he still has access too

Ppl are confusing the visual of the cinematic and the story of cinematic, for visual i give them 10/10, it never looked that stunning, for story i give them -100/10, if they had to make Sylvanas win, they made it 2nd worst way possible, with 1st is she just fly there, zap LK and done
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Nestoras View Post
    Its a no contest.
    This Lich King wasn't even willing like the previous one, he was just passive, placed himself on the throne to keep scourge under check. And the Lich King, the real one, was defeated again by heroes way behind current "evolution level".
    Wish Sylvanas'es "ascent to power", that is very interesting character, was done right. Very sloppy job indeed
    No, the LK KILLED EVERYONE and frostmoune's souls "killed him" and rezzed us and then we gave a final kick to finish him. The "light" freeing tiron after that long in ice is bullshit so is frostmoune being shattered by the ashbringer. Just look how that little B died in the into to Legion. Again more ppl not knowing their story.

The late great Stan Lee has an answer:

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reallyblizz View Post
    No, the LK KILLED EVERYONE and frostmoune's souls "killed him" and rezzed us and then we gave a final kick to finish him. The "light" freeing tiron after that long in ice is bullshit so is frostmoune being shattered by the ashbringer. Just look how that little B died in the into to Legion. Again more ppl not knowing their story.
    Ashbringer is powered by a Naruu crystal iirc

7+ Year Old Account
    I think we will need Sargeras help to finally kill sylvanas, apparently no one can stand with her power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm okay with Sylvanas winning. What i don't like is Sylvanas winning without any real contest. The fight was just boring.
    This times a thousand, I can understand Bolvar losing, hes not a powerful Lich King without Frostmourne, and essentially had to bargain with the Ebon Blade to get anything done. He has some necromantic powers but nothing compared to Arthas.

That said, he's not a total pushover, Sylvanas should have been hit at least once to show he has teeth.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Actually its a void crystal from the darkened K'ara that was purified by light but yet again another person who doesn't know their story. What is BS is him getting out of the ice block. He spent the entire fight in ice and did nothing so... but they couldn't let arthas win because that would be kinda game breaking.

- - - Updated - - -

I just cannot stand how they expect anyone the believe she just walked into ICC and took off his crown because off screen she ran into some :

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    ppl didn't even notice that he had his entire scourge army waiting for her, because she got rid of them in 0.0000001 nano second
    Yea if a bunch of skeletons on top of the citadel is his entire scourge army no wonder he would lose.

Arthas would laugh if Bolvar called that an army.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Ashbringer is powered by a Naruu crystal iirc
    Speculated to be a Naaru's Soul, but never confirmed, It sucks that aspect of Ashbringer was never explored further. The prismatic nature of the Artifact always intrigued me.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikazukinoyaiba View Post
    Yea if a bunch of skeletons on top of the citadel is his entire scourge army no wonder he would lose.

Arthas would laugh if Bolvar called that an army.
    Did you not saw like SHE able fly with supersonic speed ...... after moment that she killed Sadfang .... any kid would get it.

So she just flew on top of ICC and wrecked Bolvar = DONE, why would she go on feet trough all creeps?

Or you think he must contain whole army on top of frozen throne ? just in case if someone would come to beat his face?.....

BOLVAR THE COWARD?)
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-11-03 at 08:26 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Give it up kids, my god.

He wasn't the lich king, Arthas was the lich king, he had frostmourne and was already a powerful paladin when he was became it. Frostmourne was the majority of his power, this is facts not theory. Bolvar was a petty warrior who was weakened drastically when he became the "Lich king" after his battle at the wrathgates and then being tortured by arthas and he's the "Lich king" without a frostmourne.

he was a shadow of what arthas was in that seat of power and sylvannas knew, she has been getting stronger and stronger over the expansions especially after legion.

with that said, i still think it's fucking stupid she beat him so easily and his army, tired of this mary sue bullshit in the world atm

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I mean, maybe that's how you felt after watching it, but I sure didn't. I thought she was going to put on the helm after saying he has no right to that kind of power, but then turns around to rip it apart, revealing a broken sky leading to a realm we've never explored. I thought it was great considering they're creating the lore as they go. Realistically, lore wise, WoW died to me after wotlk because the storyline following arthas was the pinnacle of WoW's story telling. I've been able to enjoy the story arch they've produce ever since by lowering my standards. It's kind of like GoT. I knew seasons 1-4 were going to be absolutely amazing because they had prior lore to work with and everything after that would slowly be worse.

The story and the direction WoW is going makes perfect sense and I think it's a really enticing story, obviously not as good as the story told through warcraft 1-3, but you can't compare the 2. You think it's bad and that's perfectly fine. I enjoy it and that's perfectly fine.
    One sided fights are generally never very good or engaging and the consensus was this wasnt a very enjoyable fight by a large chunk of the playerbase

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    One sided fights are generally never very good or engaging and the consensus was this wasnt a very enjoyable fight by a large chunk of the playerbase
    You're focusing on the wrong aspect of the cinematic. While there was a 1v1 fight being held, that's not the focus. The focus is Sylvanas removing his crown so that she could destroy it and open a bridge to the shadowlands. Otherwise the cinematic would have just been her breaking the helm and leaving everyone confused. They had to show how she got the helm off his Bolvar's head.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Sylvanas vs. Lich King, Lich King will win.

But what we saw was Bolvar vs. The Avatar of Death.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    You're focusing on the wrong aspect of the cinematic. While there was a 1v1 fight being held, that's not the focus. The focus is Sylvanas removing his crown so that she could destroy it and open a bridge to the shadowlands. Otherwise the cinematic would have just been her breaking the helm and leaving everyone confused. They had to show how she got the helm off his Bolvar's head.
    I dont disagree with you. I just think they could have orchestrated that fight better and in a way that doesnt completely trivialize someone who shouldn't have been trivialized. Saurfang put up a better fight and he has no magic or powers other than muscles.

I'm ok with her winning a fight she prepared for, with some new power Bolvar didn't even know she had. I'm not ok with her going all the way up to him with no opposition at all, or with the LK undead army just disappearing during a cut, not leaving even a scratch on her.

Stop comparing Bolvar to Arthas.

Arthas had a Frostmourne juiced on souls. Bolvar has a hammer which appeared from thin air.

Bolvar's intentions were never to be a true Lich King, but to rather just keep the Scourge at bay. And imho that's just as horrible storytelling as having a hammer appear from nowhere. If you want to protect the world from the Scourge you need to train the hell out of yourself so that you don't lose the helm to somebody who can use it to harm Azeroth.

I do have a personal theory as to why he was so weak tho. We've all seen how his flames were all fiery, and became blue just before his fight with Sylvanas. I do believe that he truly embraced his Lich King powers just before the fight broke.

So yeah, as a DK main and fan of Arthas, I was also hyped about seeing the Lich King once more, but a rookie lvl 1 LK can't beat Sylvanas with death powers, sadly.

Her winning wasn't the issue. Bolvar getting roflstomped was, also the fact that he didn't call upon the ebon blade or the millions of fucking undead he has been hoarding around icecrown. Heck he should have a couple of frost wyrms as well. All he had was essentially the equivalent of peons that Sylvanas dispatched offscreen, probably ignoring the logistics of arrows along with it.

Well and them fighting like a cheap anime with random powers. His glacial spike for a DK is certainly impressive..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I would argue that current powered up on soul juice Sylvanas is probably stronger than Lich King Arthas. Bolvar ain't shit.

But this is coming from someone who thought Arthas was a lame af Darth Vader rip-off anyway, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Personally I think it's good that they're developing a villain over a long period of time anyway. I think the fact so many people hate her means they're doing a good job and it means when/if she kicks the bucket it will be that much more satisfying. Good villains are ones you hate and despise.

Also the whole "too PC, women power" naysayers seem to be missing the point in that Sylvanas is clearly still an emotional train wreck with control issues. So she's a rather realistic portrayal of the modern generation of narcissistic psychopaths that are willing to burn the world just because they don't get their way.