Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Pre-order lets you get a headstart on them in 8.3, so the starter zone will be finished by then
    I am very confused at the moment. Why would they add a new starting zone for death knights in 8.3 when they said that come shadowlands DKs will be starting at level 1. Why the weapons with ilevel 56? Perhaps the weapons are added to the regular starting zone in BfA and there will be a new one in shadowlands? What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    I am very confused at the moment. Why would they add a new starting zone for death knights in 8.3 when they said that come shadowlands DKs will be starting at level 1. Why the weapons with ilevel 56? Perhaps the weapons are added to the regular starting zone in BfA and there will be a new one in shadowlands? What am I missing?
    wait until it launches you are wayyyyyy overthinking it

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    the jailer is not sylvanas' partner is it??

i thought the jailer was kinda not on our side but not the one helping sylvanas either
    Perculia's "they have been working together" doesn't share the same sentiment Ion did when he explained, they have an interest in helping each other, but Sylvanas & the Jailer's goals are not the same.

Also, things the game can't do anymore: Just go back to same old horde alliance bickering after seeing the farce that exists inside the toybox made by the titans.

After all she's done, she's chaotic neutral. When she says she will set us free, she means it. The Jailer is what keeps the souls in the maw. She wants to free the Jailer so all the souls will be set free. Destroy the Shadowlands & create a new system when this expansion ends. Maybe Sylvanas becomes the new jailer. Maybe she becomes a god. Maybe she remakes the world. But everything will change.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder where Afrasiabi was this year?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Because since the last leveling revamp, level scaling is just a mathematical formula. They could put the new zone at any level, but they decided to put hero classes back to 1 because 1-50 in the new system will still be shorter than 55-110.

This is also why the scourge invasion part 2 pre-event can be in 8.3.5 & even continue into 9.0 without any problems

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Because since the last leveling revamp, level scaling is just a mathematical formula. They could put the new zone at any level, but they decided to put hero classes back to 1 because 1-50 in the new system will still be shorter than 55-110.

This is also why the scourge invasion part 2 pre-event can be in 8.3.5 & even continue into 9.0 without any problems
    Scourge invasion is pre-launch event, so it will be 9.0. Probably 9.0 will launch somewhere in September/October with level squish and event will start 1-2 weeks later. It's rather certain we won't have Broken Shore/Undercity like scenario during pre-patch, cause it will be our journey to The Maw and it rather fits for launch night.

8.3.5 could give us few questlines for post N'zoth world to wrap up all things, lower requirements for essences (or just make them account-wide, it's late expac anyway) and maybe introduce Lightsomething Undead + Alliance race based on Worgen model. If we will have 8.3.5, it's almost 100% it will launch on March - so far EVERY BfA patch launched less than 30 days before end of quarter and June would be too close to 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Scourge invasion is pre-launch event, so it will be 9.0. Probably 9.0 will launch somewhere in September/October with level squish and event will start 1-2 weeks later. It's rather certain we won't have Broken Shore/Undercity like scenario during pre-patch, cause it will be our journey to The Maw and it rather fits for launch night.

8.3.5 could give us few questlines for post N'zoth world to wrap up all things, lower requirements for essences (or just make them account-wide, it's late expac anyway) and maybe introduce Lightsomething Undead + Alliance race based on Worgen model. If we will have 8.3.5, it's almost 100% it will launch on March - so far EVERY BfA patch launched less than 30 days before end of quarter and June would be too close to 9.0.
    Wow. Even when Ion directly tells you the expanded character customization is because they want to slow down on allied races, you hold on to hope.

Hope is a lie.

Also, lore wise a scourge uprising would happen immediately after the Helm is destroyed, which as confirmed by Ion to be how the new 8.3 AR DK starting zone ends. So 8.3.5 scourge invasion is to alleviate the huge content drought before 9.0 (back before WoD, pre-expansion events happened before the X.0 patch, not after)

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Even when Ion directly tells you the expanded character customization is because they want to slow down on allied races, you hold on to hope.

Hope is a lie.

Also, lore wise a scourge uprising would happen immediately after the Helm is destroyed, which as confirmed by Ion to be how the new 8.3 AR DK starting zone ends. So 8.3.5 scourge invasion is to alleviate the huge content drought before 9.0 (back before WoD, pre-expansion events happened before the X.0 patch, not after)
    Sure the scourge might get loose in 8.3, but how long would it take them to get to EK and Kalimdor?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Perculia's "they have been working together" doesn't share the same sentiment Ion did when he explained, they have an interest in helping each other, but Sylvanas & the Jailer's goals are not the same.

Also, things the game can't do anymore: Just go back to same old horde alliance bickering after seeing the farce that exists inside the toybox made by the titans.

After all she's done, she's chaotic neutral. When she says she will set us free, she means it. The Jailer is what keeps the souls in the maw. She wants to free the Jailer so all the souls will be set free. Destroy the Shadowlands & create a new system when this expansion ends. Maybe Sylvanas becomes the new jailer. Maybe she becomes a god. Maybe she remakes the world. But everything will change.
    that is not CN that is CE lol

so the jailer was the prisoner looking mofo in the trailer??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I wonder where Afrasiabi was this year?
    busy working on the 10.0 expansion and fixing the shadowlands aftermath

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Kiling tens of thousands, even for a good cause, makes you evil.
    it reminds me of gamers hand of fate

"YOU KILLED THE HOMELESS FARMER!! THAT WAS EVIL!!"

"im not evil im just chaotic neutral"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Hope is a lie.

Nah, I think they'll take a break with Allied Races at least for whole Shadowlands. Undead is just last base race that doesn't have "their" Allied Race.

With Scourge invasion - maybe. It's just way more likely they'll save it for pre-patch. And if event will last just max 3-4 weeks, they could make leveling shortcut like with pre-patch Legion invasion - leveling will be very fast after 9.0 anyway.

And content drought will be short anyway. Even November release would make (assuming 8.3 is December and raid January) 8.3 just 10 months old and raid just 9. Transition Legion->BfA was very smooth and 7.3 was almost year old when BfA launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Sure the scourge might get loose in 8.3, but how long would it take them to get to EK and Kalimdor?
    i really dont want this but....8.3.5 mini raid.....risen galakrond

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Nah, I think they'll take a break with Allied Races at least for whole Shadowlands. Undead is just last base race that doesn't have "their" Allied Race.

With Scourge invasion - maybe. It's just way more likely they'll save it for pre-patch. And if event will last just max 3-4 weeks, they could make leveling shortcut like with pre-patch Legion invasion - leveling will be very fast after 9.0 anyway.

And content drought will be short anyway. Even November release would make (assuming 8.3 is December and raid January) 8.3 just 10 months old and raid just 9. Transition Legion->BfA was very smooth and 7.3 was almost year old when BfA launched.
    im so torn because they definitely want the expansion before blizzcon

like that is where they can show 9.1 and do some dungeon stuff and arena

but will they make the financial sacrifice in order to release the finished product even if it is the week after blizzcon at the earliest

7+ Year Old Account
    i really dont want this but....8.3.5 mini raid.....risen galakrond

- - - Updated - - -

but will they make the financial sacrifice in order to release the finished product even if it is the week after blizzcon at the earliest
    8.4 - dragon isles
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Having though things over im cautiously optimistic about Shadowlands.

I'd give it a 7 after the reveal, an 8 after the Whats next pannel and back to a 7 after the Deep Dive.

They said allot of good things during the Whats next pannel especially about gearing RNG. I wanna see more on the Covenant systems and Soulbinds, The Tower looks like a fun activity. The world and the art team are as always on point. Race customization looks amazing. But god damn would i have lied if i wasn't dissapointed with the Class Changes talk. I swear Holinka talked for 15 min without actually saying anything then showed some niche abilities that don't even do damage. I know its probably to early to talk about heavy class changes but damn if i didn't expect more.

They also missed some obvious points that im sure would make most of the community happy and seem like no brainer inclusions such as Tier sets, PvP vendors and revertion of the GDC changes to how they were in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    8.4 - dragon isles
    i will quit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox72 View Post
    Having though things over im cautiously optimistic about Shadowlands.

I'd give it a 7 after the reveal, an 8 after the Whats next pannel and back to a 7 after the Deep Dive.

They said allot of good things during the Whats next pannel especially about gearing RNG. I wanna see more on the Covenant systems and Soulbinds, The Tower looks like a fun activity. The world and the art team are as always on point. Race customization looks amazing. But god damn would i have lied if i wasn't dissapointed with the Class Changes talk. I swear Holinka talked for 15 min without actually saying anything then showed some niche abilities that don't even do damage. I know its probably to early to talk about heavy class changes but damn if i didn't expect more.

They also missed some obvious points that im sure would make most of the community happy and seem like no brainer inclusions such as Tier sets, PvP vendors and revertion of the GDC changes to how they were in Legion.
    the crowd cheered harder than any other point when he said titanforging was gone

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Before reveal my prediction was 28th/29th September and I'll still stick to that until I see when Alpha will start. "Before 31st December" note just means it will be Fall 2020, just like "before 21st September" was mark of Summer release.

But after BfA buggy launch real release date should be "when it's ready". I don't care if Nyalotha will last 5, 10 or 15 months, if I'll run out from stuff to do, I'll just unsub. BfA should teach them that first impression is everything, patches should be for adding new stuff, not repairing broken game.

Oh, that's new to me. Then a revamped starting zone in 8.3 makes sense. My only gripe was that the new DK starting zone must take place after the events in the cinematic, which I thought took place after 8.3.
    Now it makes sense, thanks for enlighting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Kiling tens of thousands, even for a good cause, makes you evil.
    Exactly what I say since Teldrassil.

Well, before confirmation my guess was still that new DK starting zone takes place before the cinematic. Bolvar is clearly prepared for Sylvanas - he wears armor, no longer stays in the ice and has a nice mace. So it makes sense that he raised the DKs in order to repel her attack.

Good job guys (DKs) tho ^^

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Except it is. When no content was there in WoD what else made you think why players left so early and in mass exodus??
    Neh, most people stay for their class gameplay and instanced content, they were just quickly made irrelevant. If M+ had been in WoD a decent margin of players would've remained subbed, which is literally just doing the same dungeons over and over. Same with open world content: WoD reps were just mindless mob grinds.

The garrison is perhaps the only example of a new feature making players leave en mass, and that's because it had no content after 3 weeks post-launch. The integral systems in recent expansions have an endless replayability to them (Artifact weps, world quests and the neck), and none of these are actual new features.

Warfronts and Islands are not what keep people hooked, Blizz finally realise they're wasting resources on it and have wisely decided to put dev resources into places that players actually care about.

1 question, as I do not really get it. Why Sylvanas initially wanted to invade Teldrassil instead of burning it if the highest possible killcount was always her goal?

When did the consensus suddenly become that Shadowlands will have a launch window far later than any previous expansion?
    Seems to me like we are looking at the exact same late Q3/Early Q4 release we always are.
    The world revamp dream will never die!