View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    my hype is like completely gone...
    I wouldn't mind to wait >1 year to get an amazing reforged game
    but now I'm somehow glad I didn't prorder yet and I not even sure if it will be morth my money....
    Honestly, if you enjoyed Warcraft3, you'll enjoy reforged. It's just less than we expected. Two reasons as to why that is the case: Loud, obnoxious purists who demanded an unchanged game & time restraints as Blizzard (or should I say Activision), wants to release this game in 2019.
    Last edited by karzal; 2019-11-03 at 12:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Honestly I think the directed cutscenes looked weird. The characters don't really match the terrain and buildings, and the maps are all flat. So you basically get a close up of Arthas for example, and you just see a flat plane stretching behind him with a bunch of repeated trees, and a few buildings that are as tall as he is.
    I don't mind them changing it back to a bird's eye view perspective, since I agree that the game wasn't originally designed for such things as in-game cinematics. StarCraft 2 tackled this issue a lot better by having cutscenes and gameplay maps as completely separate entities so it looked natural when the cinematics started. If they had kept the ground level cinematics idea I would have wanted to take the StarCraft 2 route as to not make them look too jarring. Still, going back to the old way is fine in my book.

It's just a shame though that they scrapped the script revisions to fix continuity errors and other inconsistencies. I don't think they would have needed to make a lot of sweeping changes to the story itself, but simply updating some of the dialogue, change the maps to reflect the current established geography, add a couple of missions to flesh out some characters already present in the original, and maybe have a few background characters as a part of your armies without necessarily adding any new dialogue to them. Heck, the pre-rendered cinematics I would have loved to see get updated with modern CG tech. Would have been incredible to see Archimonde die at the World Tree or the final showdown with Mannoroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by karzal View Post
    I think this was one of the first threads on the official forums: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...rible-idea/806
    Ah, thanks! Well, it's a shame that people got so up in arms about making any change to the campaign. Personally, I don't think WC3 would have needed a massive revision of the story itself. Most of what's good about WC3's story didn't have to be changed to keep it in line with modern WoW, just doing simple callbacks to WoW and fixing some of the most glaring continuity errors through map geographical changes and pieces of dialogue would have gone a long way in bridging the gap between WC3 and the rest of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post

Ah, thanks! Well, it's a shame that people got so up in arms about making any change to the campaign. Personally, I don't think WC3 would have needed a massive revision of the story itself. Most of what's good about WC3's story didn't have to be changed to keep it in line with modern WoW, just doing simple callbacks to WoW and fixing some of the most glaring continuity errors through map geographical changes and pieces of dialogue would have gone a long way in bridging the gap between WC3 and the rest of WoW.
    Funny thing is.... now that group has become the minority and a lot of threads are popping up where people explain their disappointment in Blizzard's decision to not reforge the campaign.

Well, some voices say that we can ''thank'' this in some way to the forum called hive that's been there for W3 a long time via modding custom maps or model packs, since they probably know some of the devs personally.

It's nice and dandy kudos to them because they kept the community together in some ways, but since W3R was announced this said forum turned into full elitists mode, ol player hivemind that hates every change and stuff that isn't 1:1 with the classic.

When you go to datamined stuff threads there etc, you will see heavy nitpicking in every single thing and then going about ''OH, WE MADE THESE MODELS BETTER, FUKEN BLIZZARD TRYING TO APPEAL TO SHITTY WOW SHITHEADS'', ''THERES NO WARCRAFT LORE BEYOND W3'' type of insults or opinions. ^^

You will even see some people from there using really childish insults about blizz forums users that disagree with them, go on some discords you will read some of them being happy with the cut optional content, just because they don't like it and they seem to be scared of optional changes that they don't have to even play.

For me biggest issue is getting rid of cutscenes, all the new voicelines even when some of datamined ones were awful they could just make them better, because on the other hand couple of them sounded more accurate than the originals.
    There will be some new recordings, and they said there will be some different ''angles'' in campaign, but it's really vague and until i see full version of the game, i will just go by my mind that they will look exactly like original ones but only a little different.

But overall i think that they're not really appealing to anyone for the most part, because they just don't have time to make these new features so they went with ''oh yeah we listened to people that wanted to keep it more original''.
    We don't even have a release date this close to the end of the year.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2019-11-03 at 01:54 PM.

I have to say, that I had actually great hope, that Draenei models used in campain will be Broken Draenei models - in contrast to Lost Ones used in generic maps. That would imho look more coherent with two sets of Draenei units already present in game, and with the story, where some Broken Draenei got in aliance with Illidan.

I had also grat hope to see full version of prolouge campain with Zar'jira, wich is my personal favorite sets of missions.

But I see totally no signs of any of that in already published material.

For me, the game would be much more interesting, if it went on the line of retcons rather than strict purism, as I already know original version of story quite well.
    Last edited by JdR; 2019-11-03 at 01:59 PM.

well, let's be honest with ourselves blizzard really planned changing story and they planned bringing new campaign but it was canceled not because some part of community was against it but because there were not enough preorders to justify the time cost

you were lied to and now you will receive some strange not really needed game for 30 bucks with only reskins

enjoy

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    I'm basically at the tipping point now, between this and all of the Hong Kong shit, I'm considering getting a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    I'm basically at the tipping point now, between this and all of the Hong Kong shit, I'm considering getting a refund.
    Nice hypocrisy there "I didn't give a fuck about Hong Kong when the game was supposed to be good, but now that it's not as good, I think I'd rather virtue signal than play a less good version of the game" You people never disappoint.

Refund if you're disappointed in the changes, but dragging Hong Kong into this NOW, when before you didn't give a fuck, is just so fucking rich
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Nice hypocrisy there "I didn't give a fuck about Hong Kong when the game was supposed to be good, but now that it's not as good, I think I'd rather virtue signal than play a less good version of the game" You people never disappoint.

Refund if you're disappointed in the changes, but dragging Hong Kong into this NOW, when before you didn't give a fuck, is just so fucking rich
    Look previously in the thread for my opinion on Hong Kong. I was already starting to reconsider my purchase when it started.

Nice not knowing how to use a search bar on your part, though

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    t was canceled not because some part of community was against it but because there were not enough preorders to justify the time cost

you were lied to and now you will receive some strange not really needed game for 30 bucks with only reskins

enjoy
    more likely they fucked up their deadline
    I work in projectmanagement and we have one big rule: NEVER SAY DEADLINE FOR A PRODUCT
    ofc it should be done asap but if you're in a rush you fck more things up than you actually produce
    we have so many bugs to fix for an earlier product because some dickheads had to announce a release date (it was this january)
    also the product isn't complete + it's so buggy it cost us time and resources to fix this shit while we're slow on our actual product and aren't as fast as we want to be

they clearly shouldn't have told us last year a date
    guess they learned form that shit and didn't announce a date for d4 and ow2

10+ Year Old Account
    So I missed the deep dive stuff, what are Blizzard cutting out?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    So I missed the deep dive stuff, what are Blizzard cutting out?
    Almost everything that made Reforged more than just a high-rez reskin

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost everything that made Reforged more than just a high-rez reskin
    ahh yea I just rsearched.

Bridenbecker said that Blizzard “got a lot of really great feedback [post-BlizzCon] where the community was like, ‘Hey, hold on. We love this story. Maybe don’t tinker with it too much.’ So we actually veered away from doing that as much.
    Looks like the whiney loud minority win again. This is why we can't have nice things

Can never have fun stuff cos the community ruins it, like the Zombie plague in WoW

People complain that Blizzard don;t listen to the community, I honestly think they listen to much. Very disappointed.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-11-03 at 03:28 PM.

5+ Year Old Account

Looks like the whiney loud minority win again. This is why we can't have nice thinks

Can never have fun stuff cos the community ruins it, like the Zombie plague in WoW
    can you Blizzquote that blue's quote?

10+ Year Old Account
    can you Blizzquote that blue's quote?
    I got it from https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/1/20...f-warcraft-wow

The quotes also in on other gaming news sites too.

Shame, was really looking forward to Reforged, might as well name it to Remaster now
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-11-03 at 03:27 PM.

Looks like the whiney loud minority win again. This is why we can't have nice things

People complain that Blizzard don;t listen to the community, I honestly think they listen to much. Very disappointed.
    I believe, and may be mistaken, that they are not changing anything because it's cheaper for them and have realized that the amount of work they have to do is too big for them, so they are using the reason stated above is to appear in better light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    I believe, and may be mistaken, that they are not changing anything because it's cheaper for them and have realized that the amount of work they have to do is too big for them, so they are using the reason stated above is to appear in better light.
    Maybe they are maybe they ain;t... still sucks... Still at least I can enjoy the new world editor

Think our hype train met a horrible fate... @WaitingForBlizzcon

Maybe they are maybe they ain;t... still sucks... Still at least I can enjoy the new world editor
    Basically the only thing that is Reforged are the models, and someone here said that they've outsourced the work to someone else? Spell effects are the same, so what is new exactly?

Spell effects are not the same.....

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah did it, don't even if it the right place but its there, hope its not ignored

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...eel-toe/8392/3

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...eel-toe/8392/3