Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    2021 after christmas with the new console generation

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    atleast 3 years

if blizzard even says "it's not coming soon" then that really says something.

since they said its not comming out "blizzard soon", id say 2nd half of 2012 or early 2022

shadowlands spetember 2020 diabloi 4 september 2021

2-4 years from now.

D3 got announced in 2008 and was released in 2012.

Granted D3 was bounced around a bit and changed drastically through its development cycle so it taking that long might be an outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I'm guessing 2022 at the earliest. They said it's not soon, nor even blizzard soon (tm).
    That's my guess as well, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was late 2022.

When they showed us that demo for D3, they were about 2 years from release (and that demo was itself a couple years after first showing the gameplay at the initial announcement) . Based on the amount of work they are claiming needs to go into this, and the fact that they've made a point of saying it's not "Blizzard soon" then it feels like 3 years out from when we first see gameplay is the most likely the earliest we can expect to see it.

Simple answer: Too late.

While I'm hyped for D4 .. PoE is changing and developing so fast. You look away for a month and BAM it got a huge update in graphics, gameplay, story

If they wait 2 years for diablo to release it with the features shown on blizzcon, I think it's already too old. Everything shown at blizzcon and more will already be in PoE.

PoE 4 will be teased on exiles con in some days and if they once again make a huge graphical update and get some shapeshifting skill-gems and some customization to character models.. I really wouldn't know why I would want to touch D4, even though I of course will buy D4, since I love the diablo story.

I love both games, but I have to say GGG is reacting much faster to what fans want and need.

2021. Thankfully so I dont have to split time with POE 4.0
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I guess in 3 months it will be out because Activision doesn't want to wait.

New dungeons will then be released per paid DLC every odd month and they'll introduce new classes every 2 or 3 years.
    Then in 5 or 6 years we will get an x-pac for full price which will include about 80% of what we were promised today. The last 20% will be milked over the course of a few more years.

Meanwhile, you can buy cosmetics and mounts via the ingame store and there will be something new to buy every few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honest, if it's 2022 before it's launched they announced it too soon. Two or three years out is actually crazy. I suspect that 2022 is likely. Announcement at this year's Blizzcon was pure fan service. You can expect to live through two more years of Blizzcon with previews of the game. I'm well aware that it was four years from D3 announce to launch and I don't think that did any favors for the game.

That long for expectations to build is inevitably going to be a problem.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-11-03 at 08:10 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

What we know about it so far..

-They have it playable.
    -The combat seems fluid, animations are solid, transitions are smooth.
    -Seems like the game engine is nearly done overall.

From the World & Lore panel:

-We know that the art direction is finalized.
    -Concepting seems to be done on world building.
    -Only the a part of the first zone of 5 shipping with the game is in the demo and they have eluded it being the only thing they have so far.
    -There is no randomization with the "overworld". They have to handcraft it.

From other panels/interviews:

-They are still iterating on the core systems.
    -Talents aren't done, they had specific builds in the demo that were locked, because they were the only things implemented.
    -Same with Skills.
    -They have a small of legendaries implemented
    -Dungeon keys are still being iterated on
    -Runewords are basic conditionals, they said they want more out of them
    etc.

So taking all that. The world alone will probably take them over a year to do. So I'd expect F&F start early 2021 if everything goes smooth. Though David Kim said that to get the best feedback, they need us players to play the game and tell us what feels good and what doesn't. So we might get something to play even sooner. Maybe the first zone with more finalized systems next Blizzcon and a long beta?

It's really hard to estimate, because we really don't know the team size and their turnaround rate. They might just be absolutely massive and not have any conflicts and smash it out in less than a year to a playable state with everything implemented. Or they might clash internally and it takes 2-3x the work hours.

In any case, I'd say it's a very late 2021 or early 2022 release if Blizzard gets to decide. If Activision meddles with it, we might see a broken launch in late 2020/early 2021 and they iterate with it being live.

I still wish diablo immortal to be cancel off so diablo 4 has longevity focus before release probably 2021's late for sure

2022-2023 based on the "not even Blizzard soon" language used. I could even see it being as far off as 2025 given the D3 development window.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    I still wish diablo immortal to be cancel off so diablo 4 has longevity focus before release probably 2021's late for sure
    It’s not Blizzard who’s developing Diablo Immortal. They are only curating it and approving stuff. That game is taking very little resources of Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal guess is that it will be released during 2021. Depending on how much they are going to rework, it could be either for summer holidays 2021, or for Christmas 2021. I personaly believe the second to be the more likely one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Release date announced at blizzcon 2021, with planned released in 2022, but only releases beta and full release will be in 2023.

My bet is early 2022. Since it's not even Blizzard soon™.

I'd be shocked if it were released by 2021, most likely 2022 given blizz's track record with diablo games. Hope it's worth the wait I really miss being excited about playing diablo was my first blizzard series.

2022-2023, since what we saw is clearly just a Blizzcon demo made out of Diablo 3 and new art
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz