Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarmy Orc View Post
    Where did I say that?
    Um, you don’t have to say it when you reply with a smug post as a counter-argument...? It’s implied.

Pray tell, what exactly did you mean in your original post then?

Quote Originally Posted by Albarin View Post
    Um, you don’t have to say it when you post a smug post as a counter-argument...? It’s implied.
    That's not what I implied at all and I responded to that person the same way they responded to someone else.

Learn to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    If you give the writers enough time they will claim that she has.
    It wasnt the eredar that corrupted Sargeras! It was actually Sylvanas that went back in time and used a portal. She took off her clothes in front of him and he lost no nut November causing him to want to destroy the universe. It was aluded to in the warcraft 1 manual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Did you not notice the undead archers just sauntering off without a care in the world? Watch it again.
    Watch the horde version. Stop watching alliance propaganda.

That's not what I implied at all and I responded to that person the same way they responded to someone else.

Learn to read.
    I never asked what you implied. That is what you 100% implied by your response. Either learn to elaborate or how to type. Thank you so much.

For Blizzard to retcon this is dumb beyond measure. I understand they are trying to make her more of a villain, which they can obviously do, but this makes no sense. To have the Broken Shore play out in a way that would cause her to become Warchief would mean she would be some kind of omniscient deity. I understand she could have stopped watching Voljin’s back, but that doesn’t mean it’s guaranteed that he is going to get injured, let alone killed, that the alliance would be cut off to the point events played out that way for them, to being able to carry Vol’jin back to have him name her Warchief.
    I don’t care if Blizzard wants to demonize her even more, but do it in a way that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Albarin View Post
    I never asked what you implied. That is what you 100% implied by your response. Either learn to elaborate or how to type. Thank you so much.
    I guess I'll have to break it down for you because you just don't get it.

OP says that Sylvanas betrayed the horde and alliance.

The person I responded to wrote: "Did you miss both cinematics that showed both armies being surrounded by demons?", saying OP is wrong.

I then responded to this person because I disagree with them and think that the new lore means she did betray both of them. That should be very clear to understand if you actually bothered to look at what I was responding to.

As I said before, learn to read.

What is funny is that it didn't stop people from defending it (really nothing to be surprised about at this point. Some people will defend anything no matter how ridiculous).

It was obvious to anyone that retreating without first consulting with your allies is not something normal people do in war. Of course it was a betrayal. I knew it then and it doesn't surprise me they confirmed it now.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    It wasnt the eredar that corrupted Sargeras! It was actually Sylvanas that went back in time and used a portal. She took off her clothes in front of him and he lost no nut November causing him to want to destroy the universe. It was aluded to in the warcraft 1 manual.

- - - Updated - - -

Watch the horde version. Stop watching alliance propaganda.
    I play both factions and on Horde side you don't see the undead archers running for their lives either.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    What is funny is that it didn't stop people from defending it (really nothing to be surprised about at this point. Some people will defend anything no matter how ridiculous).

It was obvious to anyone that retreating without first consulting with your allies is not something normal people do in war. Of course it was a betrayal. I knew it then and it doesn't surprise me they confirmed it now.
    Did you not hear the retreat horn? And almost all the horde leadership was near death. Maybe the alliance gunship should have paid attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I play both factions and on Horde side you don't see the undead archers running for their lives either.
    Yeh you only see the unlimited demons getting ported in with an armada of ships and portals that were for some reason not visible to the alliance

I had just taken it to be "not letting the Horde die this day includes me. I don't want to die. Guess I'm saving myself. Oh and the Horde too, gotta stay on their good side."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by RefinedMadness View Post
    Sylvanas really did leave Varian and the Alliance forces to die at the broken shore for more dead to feed the Maw and her recall of horde troops was just to keep Vol'jin around to name her warchief. Wouldn't be surprised if she was the one who poisoned Vol'jin somehow and Horde eagerly drank her koolaid!

Varian's death must have been a good bonus as she must have known his last heroic deeds before his death must have made him PLUMP with Anima for the Maw
    No because the maw issue only seems to crop up after argus was killed. Beginning of legion didn't count. Its probably more related to needing an idiot like Anduin to lead the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eupriestlol View Post
    Im just so sick of this boring and stupid character. Hooray! Yet another expansion where she is in focus. No thanks.
    then you didnt listen, shes not the focus, the jailer is!

Such a betrayal that the Horde was being overrun, Vol’jin fatally wounded and lay dying, Thrall knocked out, can’t remember Baine, and that left Sylvanas. She sounded the retreat. Pretty sure it’s even addressed at the beginning of the cinematic or in game scenario that it wasn’t a light force they were expecting to encounter from the Legion. Vol’jin himself tells Sylvanas to retreat.
    Varian and Genn heard her sound the retreat, but they immediately think it’s betrayal. Maybe they could have signaled they were being overrun, but this could have also been addressed during their planning.
    Like I said previously, if you want to retcon things then do it in a way that makes sense and does as little damage to the story as possible (such as Lori Strode not being Michael’s sister and ignoring the sequels.). Not in a way that destroys an entire expansions story including everything before and after. This retcon turns Sylvanas into some kind of prophetic super being that knows how to manipulate so many forces in the universe she can predict exactly how Vol’jin will be stabbed, and exactly how Thrall will knocked out, and Varian will die in a heroic sacrifice to save his people. It. Has. To. Make. Sense!!!
    Take the Wrathgate. They want to retcon it that Sylvanas orchestrates it. Fine. As much as I don’t like it, it is an easy change. She orders Putress to carry out the act and then kills him saying “I had no idea. I was clueless. He’s been dealt with.” Quick and easy fix to make her more evil.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-11-04 at 07:07 AM.

Damn you guys REALLY need to stop making up bullshit from these interviews. NOTHING here states that she betrayed varian, there is NO indication she screwed over voljin, it just states she was playing politics to get into power (which is bullshit since she always stated she prefered to stay in the shadows)

I miss when people had valid criticisms with the game and story, stop making shit up!

From 8.2.5 onward, every single action performed by Sylvanas during the last 10 years were "because she wanted max casualties".
    But somehow she preferred to 1v1 Saurfang instead of letting both armies destroy themselves in SoO v2.0 (or simply shadowkamehameha all the rebel's army as they were conveniently stacked with no defenses before REEEing away).

Consistent writing
    Especially the part where the Jailer or whoever is magically granting her power through no physical stuff (unlike everytime someone was corrupted/empowered using a relic, weapon or whatever) didn't think that giving this insane powerup to any warmonger of Azeroth would have been 10 times more effective than channeling it all into only one

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Did you not hear the retreat horn? And almost all the horde leadership was near death. Maybe the alliance gunship should have paid attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh you only see the unlimited demons getting ported in with an armada of ships and portals that were for some reason not visible to the alliance
    Ah yes, i didn't hear that poor excuse many times before. The horn was the action, not consultation. You know "we are being overun, we need to fall back or we need help" Alliance can shift forces or a plan to adapt. But, no, they go and fu alliance. That is not how real life works, therefore it was nothing but bs.

Yes, i know you are still in denial. So, there is nothing else to talk about here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas really did leave Varian and the Alliance forces to die at the broken shore for more dead to feed the Maw and her recall of horde troops was just to keep Vol'jin around to name her warchief. Wouldn't be surprised if she was the one who poisoned Vol'jin somehow and Horde eagerly drank her koolaid!

Varian's death must have been a good bonus as she must have known his last heroic deeds before his death must have made him PLUMP with Anima for the Maw
    Oh my god. Not this again?!
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

WoW devs (the same devs who made the game) > anything else (your opinion)

sorry

Also, why would I respond to questions about whether the OP has seen the cinematics or not?

Read the thread
    its ok to admit you're wrong

in game> anything else
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Eupriestlol View Post
    Im just so sick of this boring and stupid character. Hooray! Yet another expansion where she is in focus. No thanks.
    In BfA she was a side character.

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvanas really did leave Varian and the Alliance forces to die at the broken shore for more dead to feed the Maw and her recall of horde troops was just to keep Vol'jin around to name her warchief.
    It was Vol'jin's order to retreat.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

It can be true that the Horde had to withdraw because the day was lost, and that Sylvanas was pleased with the outcome.

Remember, the Broken Shore took place before she made a deal with Helya.