Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post

It literally was right after we killed Arthas. In cata she already has the Valkyr and edge of night is when she obtained them. It's probably even before ruby sanctum.
    Damm she was playing the long game. Back then anduin was still learning to walk :S:S:S

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If it wasnt for Sylvanas the entire horde leadership would be dead on the broken shore because Matthias Shaw gave bad intel.
    Wasn't that a dreadlord posing as Shaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    This whole thing is dumb plot for why sylvanas is like that. So basically now we can say everything she's done since WOTLK basically was because SHE MADE A PACT BRO! WITH THE DARKNESS! So now if she does something that doesn't make sense its ok because in the end she's just trying to kill everyone to give her more steroid juice so she can go ultra instinct goku on people's ass. Weee...
    It's even more stupid because if she just wanted many deaths, she could have raised an Horde army and marched for Stormwind. Or not accepted the Duel with Saurfang and have her Horde Loyalists charge the Armies in front of Orgrimmar.
    Even during all the BfA campaign she always prefered stealth and covert ops to fight the alliance and suddenly she just wanted as many as possible dead because of their anima?

Thats so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    They said she did it on purpose.
    Keyword. SHE.

Quote Originally Posted by Eupriestlol View Post
    Im just so sick of this boring and stupid character. Hooray! Yet another expansion where she is in focus. No thanks.
    I think this is the biggest disappointment of them all for me. Wow has become a soap opera. Gameplay aside, the story is out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    I like how the entire Before the Storm novel is sylvanas lying to herself in her head.
    Her inner monologue was from titans point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Damn you guys REALLY need to stop making up bullshit from these interviews. NOTHING here states that she betrayed varian, there is NO indication she screwed over voljin, it just states she was playing politics to get into power (which is bullshit since she always stated she prefered to stay in the shadows)

I miss when people had valid criticisms with the game and story, stop making shit up!
    It was the Darkspear Troll Bloodmoth13 that betrayed Varian.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Her inner monologue was from titans point of view.
    lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Damm she was playing the long game. Back then anduin was still learning to walk :S:S:S
    She knew she would battle Anduin in Lordaeron before Arthas came to Quel'thalas with his Scourge army. She planned to be killed so she could be stronger than Death!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoser View Post
    Man she fooled everybody, herself, the readers, the alliance and the horde. Even the 4th wall couldn't stop her.
    Top drawer post.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    It's even more stupid because if she just wanted many deaths, she could have raised an Horde army and marched for Stormwind. Or not accepted the Duel with Saurfang and have her Horde Loyalists charge the Armies in front of Orgrimmar.
    Even during all the BfA campaign she always prefered stealth and covert ops to fight the alliance and suddenly she just wanted as many as possible dead because of their anima?

Thats so stupid.
    As someone pointed out to me, she probably wants N'Zoth dead, which is why she might have kept us alive to deal with that while she was waffing over to ICC. Until we know what dumb shit we will see after we kill N'Zoth (we only know the ingame cinematic yet), there is a distinct possibility that we reoriginated an old god right into the maw and fueled her even more..
    Doestn't excuse any of the obvious retconns so far, but would at least explain the 9.0 stuff somewhat adequately.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man it must suck to be Christie Golden right now.

Not only does she have to make peace with the fact that she's a subpar writer, but also her bosses having her write the inner monologue of a character only to go "ayy lmao!" and take a diarrhea propelled steaming pile on it later when it's convenient for them.

I mean I have been willing to cut them slack on a lot of stuff but this is just plain idiotic. How blind or stupid do they think the average player is? It would be different if they had only shown Sylvanas in cinematics and they could argue that she had this master plan all along, but when her whole thoughts are also written for everyone to see then they can't argue out of it.

They might be developing the technical stuff for an xpac a couple years in advance but it's obvious by now that they are making knee-jerk decisions when it comes to lore. It's leading them to retconning stuff and making the overall continuity a pain to follow.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    its ok to admit you're wrong

in game> anything else
    >Also, why would I respond to questions about whether the OP has seen the cinematics or not?

you didnt answer the question

Stuff that is in game is changed all the time from lore that is revealed in other forms of media. I don't know why you think that is a strong argument.

I'm really glad IDGAF about the Lore of this game, but even so, it's just Too Much Sylvie at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post

in game> anything else
    False. Canon is canon. Doesn't matter if it's in game, in a comic, or anywhere else. If blizzard says its canon (which would be just about everything except the tabletop game), then it is, regardless of whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    From 8.2.5 onward, every single action performed by Sylvanas during the last 10 years were "because she wanted max casualties".
    But somehow she preferred to 1v1 Saurfang instead of letting both armies destroy themselves in SoO v2.0 (or simply shadowkamehameha all the rebel's army as they were conveniently stacked with no defenses before REEEing away).

Consistent writing
    Especially the part where the Jailer or whoever is magically granting her power through no physical stuff (unlike everytime someone was corrupted/empowered using a relic, weapon or whatever) didn't think that giving this insane powerup to any warmonger of Azeroth would have been 10 times more effective than channeling it all into only one
    Plus, wouldn't it be in her interest if the Legion won? Most of the life on Azeroth would have been fed to the Maw, that would have been a big win for her and the Jailer.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    How does that make any sense? Why would Sylvanas want as many dead as possible when the legion was invading our world? She sacrificed the safety of her valkyr to come into the battlefield and save the horde. In the book she didnt want to he warchief and she was sad Voljon died and held respect for him even though he was a troll. The cinematic showed her saving varian and she worked with the alliance well through the assault until the horde got overwhelmed by demons on all sides. This is a blatant retcon in order to make Sylvanas more "villainy" and "she was playing 8000D chess since cataclysm!".
    Who cares she lives in shadowlands now with her daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It literally was right after we killed Arthas. In cata she already has the Valkyr and edge of night is when she obtained them. It's probably even before ruby sanctum.
    Unlikely to have happened before Ruby Sanctum. Sylvanas returned from Icecrown just after Garrosh began the invasion of Gilneas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by RefinedMadness View Post
    Sylvanas really did leave Varian and the Alliance forces to die at the broken shore for more dead to feed the Maw and her recall of horde troops was just to keep Vol'jin around to name her warchief. Wouldn't be surprised if she was the one who poisoned Vol'jin somehow and Horde eagerly drank her koolaid!

Varian's death must have been a good bonus as she must have known his last heroic deeds before his death must have made him PLUMP with Anima for the Maw
    Who cares. #teamSylvanas
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    I like how the entire Before the Storm novel is sylvanas lying to herself in her head.
    Just shows what a mess the lore is. Inner monologues shouldn't end up being false. It's not like she could break the 4th wall and know readers could see her thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Man it must suck to be Christie Golden right now.

Not only does she have to make peace with the fact that she's a subpar writer, but also her bosses having her write the inner monologue of a character only to go "ayy lmao!" and take a diarrhea propelled steaming pile on it later when it's convenient for them.
    Eh, Shadowlands is still the fist expansion on which she worked as a member of the team from the get go. And while Danuser is still above her, but as Blizzard points out repeatedly, they work as a team. And Golden is still high up in the hierarchy and she's in the storyboard meetings.

Besides, even if this particular thing is something that happened against Golden's wishes, let's not pretend she's any better. Because Before the Storm was her taking a dump the size of a small galaxy on the Forsaken lore in the first place. Where she couldn't have bothered to do research even as basic as playing the first goddamn Forsaken quest in post-Cata WoW.

I mean I have been willing to cut them slack on a lot of stuff but this is just plain idiotic. How blind or stupid do they think the average player is? It would be different if they had only shown Sylvanas in cinematics and they could argue that she had this master plan all along, but when her whole thoughts are also written for everyone to see then they can't argue out of it.
    It's less about them thinking little of the players and more about them being so far up their asses that they convinced themselves to be masters of the craft (vide their comments like how BfA is a story that needed to be told or how everyone will be in awe about it once it finishes and people see it in all of its glory) so that's it's them that don't notice what they are actually doing.

They might be developing the technical stuff for an xpac a couple years in advance but it's obvious by now that they are making knee-jerk decisions when it comes to lore. It's leading them to retconning stuff and making the overall continuity a pain to follow.
    While most of their retcons are probably just sloppiness, the bit about knee-jerk decisions is particularly relevant to when they want to villainbat someone some more for no reason. Like that time when Chronicle v3 made it so it was Garrosh and not Twilight Hammer that killed a bunch of Night Elves and almost killed Hamuul. Where all it achieved was making Twilight Hammer's story less impactful. Because by that point MoP was already long gone and that expansion ended with Garrosh drinking the Old God kool-aid. Which made the change in Chronicle utterly pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    "SJW" makes no sense here

you seem like you're full of anger

chill out

no one needs to be fired lmao
    Nice try ION.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.