Voters
658. This poll is closed
  • Lich King

253 38.45%
  • Sylvanas

405 61.55%
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All this talk of power levels and bad writing.

Just own up to it. It's hard to see a strong male character emasculated.

If the gender roles where reversed I doubt we'd see this kind of outrage and it's not like blizzard's writing has ever been very good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    God...I hate this. I hate that I am defending Sylvanas here. What timeline am I in?!

- - - Updated - - -

Is this what WoD feels like? Cause it's painful.

- - - Updated - - -

No one has seen this feat yet. All the Alliance and Horde know is that the Scourge is invading again (Due to the fact that the Lich King is no more). And this will lead them to invading ICC once more.
    I'm not arguing that. I am arguing that the narrative should do a better job addressing it.

- - - Updated - - -

We shouldn't rely on Word of God to understand the story.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

If the Lich King and Sylvanas ever actually fight, the Lich King will win.

So far we've seen the Lich King v. whatever power is infused within Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I'm not arguing that. I am arguing that the narrative should do a better job addressing it.

- - - Updated - - -

We shouldn't rely on Word of God to understand the story.
    Nah, I agree with you. I do feel as though the story should be told a little better.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Jesus wept.

"After the merger, the Lich King sat dormant for several years while storms raged across Northrend and his minions constructed Icecrown Citadel around the Frozen Throne. While the Lich King dreamt, the various personas in his mind - the death knight Arthas Menethil, the orc shaman Ner'zhul, and Matthias Lehner, the personification of the remnants Arthas' humanity - fought for influence and control over the entity. It is notable that if arranged accordingly, Matthias Lehner is an anagram of Arthas Menethil.

Matthias tried to reason with Arthas, but Arthas killed him by running him through with Frostmourne. Ner'zhul was delighted by this, declaring that he and Arthas were now free to merge into a single glorious being. Arthas rejected this offer, stating that once he had the power of the Lich King, no one would tell him what to do again. He impaled the stunned Ner'zhul with Frostmourne, becoming the dominant personality of the Lich King and ending the dream"

If you cannot read between the fucking lines, mate. Then that is *your* problem.

Nerzhul was no longer part of the Helm. Arthas was the dominant personality. It is pretty much widely accepted that the Nerzhul aspect had been destroyed, and as Nerzhul had attempted the same to Arthas, it was always going to be one or the other.
    Arthas also had the helm removed when he died, and his personality was there at the end, it hadn't been subsumed into the helm. This is literally in the damn cinematic at the end of Wrath. Had he been part of the helm, his body would have dissolved or his personality would have been taken into the helm, a la Nerzhul.

Also you literally DID say Bolvar had people guiding him.

"Right Bolvar had NZ and Arthas whispering too him, and didnt give in..sounds like his will power is higher...but i guess that makes him weaker."

You don't know the lore. You don't know jackshit. And you're an burner account trying to stir up trouble. Be off with you.
    To be fair arthas be coming the dominate personality doesn’t mean NZ would be gone just powerless.

If you look at the hulk as an example Bruce banner and big green(dumb child hulk) are the dominate personality's but all the other ones are still part of him some where.

While part of NZ soul was in the shards of frostmourn with part of arthas there may still be some in the helm. It’s unlikely that it would be able to do any thing and arthas isn’t in the helm at all but there could still be a smidge in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not against her winning the duel.

But that was humiliating.
    Bolvar's fighting and his face afterwards was pathetic.
    She didnt even break a sweat. He appeared totally incompetent just like all of her opponents.
    Booorriiing.

For such a feat, she needed a ton of buildup. Like a whole book of buildup. Before even the Saurfang cinematic was released.
    Not a "You'll understand later", "Oh it was her plan all along" type of writing.

____

The way Blizzard writes Sylvanas...

who should have won?

ANY OTHER BEING or Sylvanas?
    Sylvanas, and very easily.

Chuck Noris or Sylvanas?
    Tough one, but...Sylvanas.

obviously sylvanas, if after 3 expansions of buildup she would be defeated by some nobody i would be disapointed

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Given the story of Sylvanas's alliance with The Jailer and Shadowlands, the outcome was pretty clear. It will be interesting to see if and how Bolvar fights back as the expansion proceeds.
    Wouldn't be surprised if in the end Bolvar makes the ultimate sacrifice (as if he already hasn't already made one by being the Lich King) and takes Sylvanas down with him. Would be quite cool to see that Bolvar, coming out as the ultimate hero.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Not sure about the Frostmourne thing with all fairness, I suspect maybe it might just be remnants of them both, rather than their actual full *soul*. Frostmourne drains souls when it kills, that was pretty much part of its schtick, and in doing so empowered the user, but it never *killed* Arthas nor Ner'zhul. Also, when it was shattered, its souls were released, we see this as well when they restrain Arthas allowing us to finish him off, so we can reasonably assume its power to contain souls is vastly diminished and limited, if they are able to escape like so. I suspect they might well just have been fragments of them, or memories. Able to influence, but not the actual being in its entirety. But this is guesswork.,

I suspect Nerzhul abandoned the helm, and took refuge in Frostmourne, plotting his revenge blah blah, and upon his death, Arthas tried the same, knowing he couldn't be in the Helm else Bolvar would know, and may have taken action against it.
    But all depends on what we find in the Shadowlands tbh. I highly doubt any major power located there would be willing to let such souls get away from him. Not the bets writing, I know, but they have to change it as it goes, so I think they did the best they could.
    I do believe arthas’s soul was sucked out when he first took up frostmourn but they could have changed that and I missed it.

As far as what’s in frostmourn it’s pretty clear there just fragments not the whole souls so it’s likely if they were fully in froustmourn pre breaking that most of them got out with wee bits left in the shards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I agree with you. I do feel as though the story should be told a little better.
    In the pre-patch is their opportunity to kinda fix it.

Let's hope they do that. Regardless, it definitely does not help that we are getting Sylvannas fatigue.

I mean, I like Sylvannas a lot, but I starting to want to kill her so we can be sure that she will not be on the next expansion.

In the pre-patch is their opportunity to kinda fix it.

Let's hope they do that. Regardless, it definitely does not help that we are getting Sylvannas fatigue.

I mean, I like Sylvannas a lot, but I starting to want to kill her so we can be sure that she will not be on the next expansion.
    I'm sure Anduin and co are gonna question "Wtf? How did she?" and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Anduin and co are gonna question "Wtf? How did she?" and all that.
    Its the least that they can do , but yeah, I agree.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bolvar was never really a strong character to begin with
    Me not that kind of Orc!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    If the Lich King and Sylvanas ever actually fight, the Lich King will win.

So far we've seen the Lich King v. whatever power is infused within Sylvanas.
    Its funny how you using "double standards", to image "Lich King" in his most powerful iteration vs normal Sylvanas.

1) just normal LK Helmet vs normal Sylvanas.

but you refer to

2)Arthas + Helmet +Armor+Frostmourne +shitload souls and army of countless undeads VS Sylvanas (without powers of death entity)

Lich King(Arthas) as whole sounds more like ANIME character ( lets say Naruto) :
    O Frostmourne .....POWER UP;
    O New class Death Knight POWER UP;
    O Helmet of domination POWER up;
    O Merged with other personalities in helmet POWER UP;
    O Gathered Souls in sword POWER UP.

Sylvanas collecting souls for 3 expansions slowly but steady , yet people cry "NO SHE CANT,NOT HER POWER" "NOT FAIR"..... lol what?

So its okay for Arthas to find mega powered artifacts in one go BUT SO UNFAIR for Sylvanas collecting souls over a YEARS?

GIVE ME BREAK with this Hypocrisy of yours.

People seems have head-cannon that Bolvar gained all POWER-UPs of Arthas just by equiping Helmet ....LOL
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-11-04 at 08:14 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to like the outcome of a fight for it to be the correct outcome. Nor do you have to be a "PC writer" to recognize it as the correct outcome.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Reallyblizz View Post
    Vote who should have won and we will let the fans decide. Not some "PC" writer.
    *Sylvanas proceeds to win poll by 20%*
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    obviously sylvanas, if after 3 expansions of buildup she would be defeated by some nobody i would be disapointed
    Your damn right, that's us for sure... that's something fucky right there right?

Yeah, but killing saurfang is one thing.

Beating the lich king is another.
    Is it? She annihilated Saurfang. Beating the Lich King is a step down. Plus I'm pretty sure he was far more overconfident there, also not knowing of her new powers. Bolvar knew of her previously, but she's changed much since ICC.

Can I just take a moment to say that I absolutely love it when someone comes in and makes a poll he thinks he knows the outcome of just because he thinks a certain way, and then gets completely obliterated in the poll results with everyone disagreeing with him. I just image a chubby little guy behind the screen screaming in rage.

We can walk into ICC and dagger throw LK to death.. a lot has happened in the past few years.