Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    They will be. At worst we might have to deal with a few stray bugs on specific bosses when the expansion comes out.
    I'd say Opulence could be bad but once you outgear it you can just go straight for it skipping one or both of the Guardians, right? Since not killing them just makes him stronger.

They will be. At worst we might have to deal with a few stray bugs on specific bosses when the expansion comes out.
    Since we're supposed to stay the same strength as now at 50, those should be relatively limited too. Of course, if they forgot to change their levels people will notice... quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Since we're supposed to stay the same strength as now at 50, those should be relatively limited too. Of course, if they forgot to change their levels people will notice... quickly.
    There are always bugs when it comes to squishes like these. Probably going to be some ability somewhere that deald ludicruous amounts of damage the devs did not see in time.
    I still remember a bug with Amber-shaper Un'sok where the squish had somehow left out an ability where he mind controlled you and put on a shield. So when you tried to go in with a group you were basically unkillable if oyu got mind-controlled.

- - - Updated - - -

With the levelling changes that made all the old zones scale as well. It mostly worked fine and all, but there was a quest in Redridge that had escaped playtesting where the potion of invisibility you got did not give enough aggro range reduction, meaning you were pretty much stuffed unless you did a corpse run strat or got someone high level to join you and kill all the enemies.

Bottom line, when there are changes like these there are going to be bugs that escape detection.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

There are always bugs when it comes to squishes like these. Probably going to be some ability somewhere that deald ludicruous amounts of damage the devs did not see in time.
    I still remember a bug with Amber-shaper Un'sok where the squish had somehow left out an ability where he mind controlled you and put on a shield. So when you tried to go in with a group you were basically unkillable if oyu got mind-controlled.
    That's the kind that shouldn't happen since your HP and damage won't change this time.

But just remember what happens if you try to attack a target significantly above your level, and realise that targets can now be up to 60 levels above what you could possibly reach.

The way blizz is writing these days, I wouldn't be surprised if the jailer is Arthas and everything that has happened up to this point was all part of his plan.

Give me nelf paladins please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarmy Orc View Post
    The way blizz is writing these days, I wouldn't be surprised if the jailer is Arthas and everything that has happened up to this point was all part of his plan.
    ..Except it isn't it goes completely against the story we've been given, Arthas was in the shadowlands yes or rather the hell Sylvanas experienced but....something else comepelled Sylvanas to do what she's doing. Not to mention it was Arthas who made SYlvanas the way she is and she still would hold a grudge against him and would never work with him willingly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So what's the general consensus on Shadowlands, do you people like it?

they said he wasnt a character we had met yet. but that was probably blizzard lying right? harharhar

Quote Originally Posted by Itshappeningyes View Post
    There isnt really much to discuss about it. The only confirmed things worthy of discussion is the new zones and unpruned abilities, which i like the look of. The first raid in Dracula's castle looks fun as well.

Other than that though i am definitely excited for Torghast, hopefully it works out wonderfully and can become a mainstay of WoW expansion going forward. Maybe a Dragon themed expansion has usgo into a Dragon's lair, or a world revamp has us explore Blackrock mountain. Things like that.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I like my pet theory better: The Jailer is in chains because when Arthas went to the afterlife he kept all his powers and put the Jailer in bondage gear. Now it is also pissed at him which is why it gets along so well with Sylvanas :P
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I'm very much content it's just a 'fix the core of the game' expansion instead of some star-spangled package full of hollow features.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm very happy with everything that has been shown so far, but I want more.

right now my biggest worry is about the depruning situation. it sounds good.. only the reason most of that happened was so that they could change specs to fit certain fantasies around temporary artifact weapons. problem for me is that some specs got hit harder than others with that and they can't really get around that since animations have been made with those artifacts in mind. (ret paladin going from hammer wielding dps to sword centric etc.)

how exactly are throwing some old pre artifact abilities at it going to help?
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ..Except it isn't it goes completely against the story we've been given, Arthas was in the shadowlands yes or rather the hell Sylvanas experienced but....something else comepelled Sylvanas to do what she's doing. Not to mention it was Arthas who made SYlvanas the way she is and she still would hold a grudge against him and would never work with him willingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    they said he wasnt a character we had met yet. but that was probably blizzard lying right? harharhar
    That's a lot of projection.

I used a very hyperbolic example to express that I am not feeling blizzard's writing right now.

The fact that it would be retarded of blizz to do is the point and the joke.

You lot seem like you're just looking for stuff to argue about. Get help.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I like my pet theory better: The Jailer is in chains because when Arthas went to the afterlife he kept all his powers and put the Jailer in bondage gear. Now it is also pissed at him which is why it gets along so well with Sylvanas :P
    That's hilarious. haha Much better than mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    right now my biggest worry is about the depruning situation. it sounds good.. only the reason most of that happened was so that they could change specs to fit certain fantasies around temporary artifact weapons. problem for me is that some specs got hit harder than others with that and they can't really get around that since animations have been made with those artifacts in mind. (ret paladin going from hammer wielding dps to sword centric etc.)

how exactly are throwing some old pre artifact abilities at it going to help?
    Pallies aren't going to have that issue, they can wield whatever weapon they want, animations aren't really going to be an issue. Not to mention any unpruning was vague to and not specific(Like Monks). It seems like thats all in development, we'll know as months go by.

That's a lot of projection.

I used a very hyperbolic example to express that I am not feeling blizzard's writing right now.

The fact that it would be retarded of blizz to do is the point and the joke.

You lot seem like you're just looking for stuff to argue about. Get help.
    Your joke was terrible and nobody needs help, you said something stupid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I wanted the world rewamp and return of story into the old continent which did nto happen and the new leveling experience is very weak bandage imho.

On theo other hand I am verry happy with more customization and return of Kaelthas and even the covenant system looks promising if it has enough depth.

50/50

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    so you want blizzard to not have as many reasons to not charge us for customization??
    No i want Blizz to actually think before they do something and not do the same job 2 times for no reasons. They could have made all those new customization instead of making AR. AR's customization are essentially the same thing as what they want to do in ShL i.e. new faces / hair style / skin tones.

If they really wanted to make AR just for the new racials and armours they could have given them as a character customization option instead of making AR being different specific races.

So the art team essentially did the same job 2 times for the same result. Time which could have been put into another class for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    I'm very happy with everything that has been shown so far, but I want more.
    Happy with it, obviously want to know more details.

But I'm content w/ 8.3 PTR cycle atm, and then 8.3 release.

Oooo, World Quests 2.0? Let me put on my clown make-up 'cuz I've already convinced myself they'll make reps grindable again.