Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    World of Wokecraft.

Blizz gotta have right characters doing stuff in cinematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    wow is character driven and sargaras had next to no character. just look at illidan he got a bunch of cut scenes his own expan and a book.
    My mage deserves a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post

White knights are convinced fixing broken classes and adding eye colors for customize are more important than new playable class/new race.
    Well weve gotten plenty of races already with allied races and will probably be a trend that continues moving forward. I am not sure the need of a new class if as you say they have to put a lot of time into balancing existing. New classes are nice but I feel they should be rare to receive not something expected.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    White knights are convinced fixing broken classes and adding eye colors for customize are more important than new playable class/new race.
    And Haters are convinced 4 new areas, A new Level Cap, An expansion worth of Quest lines, New Endgame content and raids is just "DLC patch"

Races are literally the weakest content in an MMO. As they are just new skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    And Haters are convinced 4 new areas, A new Level Cap, An expansion worth of Quest lines, New Endgame content and raids is just "DLC patch"

Races are literally the weakest content in an MMO. As they are just new skins.
    I don't think you have to be a hater to acknowledge that what Blizzard has presented so far for Shadowlands feels like less content than previous expansions. (And I am somebody who will probably return to WOW in Shadowlands because I like the look/theme of it so far.)

I assume we'll get a proper Titan expansion when Azeroth is born and the Pantheon's story will be expanded on in-game. But yeah, for Sargeras being the original big bad in the WoW universe, they sure took a massive dump on his character.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    I don't think you have to be a hater to acknowledge that what Blizzard has presented so far for Shadowlands feels like less content than previous expansions. (And I am somebody who will probably return to WOW in Shadowlands because I like the look/theme of it so far.)
    I don't agree with that.

Compared to tBC, and Wrath? Sure. But compared to recent xpacs at launch? Not so much.

4 leveling zones, a max level zone, repeatable solo/group content in the tower, 8 dungeons and a raid. That's pretty standard for launch cycle of the patch.

Xpac themed system in picking your covenant, no real idea how much content is tied to that.

The people that claim it's a "dlc patch" are completely incapable of having a non-biased opinion about this game anymore.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Sure but at least Sargeras is still out there and potentially always will be and is definitely set to return, this is the last hurrah for Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    I don't agree with that.

Compared to tBC, and Wrath? Sure. But compared to recent xpacs at launch? Not so much.

4 leveling zones, a max level zone, repeatable solo/group content in the tower, 8 dungeons and a raid. That's pretty standard for launch cycle of the patch.

Xpac themed system in picking your covenant, no real idea how much content is tied to that.

The people that claim it's a "dlc patch" are completely incapable of having a non-biased opinion about this game anymore.
    I'm not part of the group claiming it's a DLC patch. I just feel the number of features is less than other expansions.

They'll soon name it World of Sylvanas

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Sargeras only gets like one in-game cutscene dedicated to him.

Meanwhile,

Sylvanas gets three entire cinematics + the BFA cinematics of screentime, and narrates two of them. On top of tons of merchandise, and off-screen books/comics.

At this point, no other character in Warcraft has ever had such a profound effect on the story and none of them have ever gotten the same amount of attention she has sans maybe Arthas?

I don't even know what to make of that. What do you guys think? Am I unreasonable for thinking this is ridiculous? At least her VA is eating well.
    It's probably because Sylvanas is a more interesting character.

I don't understand why it matters. It's a story, she's a main character, it fits. Why does everything has to be compared to other, non related stuff, and then measured and weighed and on some arbitrary values has to be 'the same' (like number of cinematics a character appears in).

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Less people would complain if she still appeared in her bikini armor.
    Honestly I haven't even noticed her armor I just noticed that she's so f****** boring

like people think that this whole having a secret deal with another entity that super strong and all that is some kind of big twist or it adds to her character or something stupid like that when in reality it's so boring it is such a cliche

the fact that you could probably tell how her story ends just buy the last expansion is so terrible when it comes to writing

she is either going to end up being forced to take that beings place and thus the elevated above all else well he goes and runs a rampage that can only be stopped by releasing the dark titan so the full Pantheon can work together or...

she will somehow betray this entity Jane has power and become an all-knowing being that's going to really help us in a fight against our true enemy The arbiter

The writing is awful her character is bland and worst of all for some reason people think that she's like a superstar character that needs all of the screen time when in reality she is no different from illidan besides the fact that she has boobs

Sylvanas is hot and is the reason why all the edgy 13y old kids still play WoW.

Really isn't that hard to understand, right

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I don't know man a self-serving elf with anger issues compared to a literal God that decided that he wanted to smite the entire universe instead of having a slight chance that the void might take over its kind of one-sided on which character is less one-dimensional

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I mean, compared to Sargeras that isn't really a high bar. She's maybe a 4/10 compared to his 2/10 as far as being an interesting character is concerned.

Convoluted story filled with simple, one dimensional characters is kinda what WoW is all about.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2019-11-05 at 07:39 AM.

I'm not part of the group claiming it's a DLC patch. I just feel the number of features is less than other expansions.
    Probably I mean if you compare it to legion the only real missing feature would be the new class because we have essentially the order Hall we have sole binds which is essentially the artifact weapon we have the legendary drops which is the tower of the Damned and we actually might have more

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I don't know man a self-serving elf with anger issues compared to a literal God that decided that he wanted to smite the entire universe instead of having a slight chance that the void might take over its kind of one-sided on which character is less one-dimensional
    I agree it's a one-sided comparison.

For me personally I still don't quite get why the depiction of Sargeras went from disembodied voice giving aggramar commands in one lame ingame cutscene before a raid , to the raid suddenly ending with him as a giant smoke cloud over azeroth, wihtout ever seeing him in between. The whole narrative structure of Antorus just doesn't make sense. There are just a few steps missing there, some hints how this is all going to pan out. But no, we just raid Antorus and suddenly kill argus out of te blue.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Wasn't saying you were, just piggy backing.

I mean features wise, it's pretty on par with Legion aside from a new class, which frankly the game doesn't need at this time.

At the end of the day, until it's in alpha/beta all of this is just speculation based on a short demo zone and some blizzcon panels.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk