Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think OP just has to upgrade from a Q9550 and GTX 580.

This should solve most of his issues.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Op is right. My PC kostet 5k of dollars and even though most people are too retarded to understand the problem (they just can't see good and that why they think they don't have the problem) I have found FIVE TOP WORLD PROGAMORS LIKE ME and they all have the same problem! Only because 5 3D models flash up the moment a bossfight starts together with 2 raid grids, DBM, Weakaura, Details, Skada and Recount, plus my combat settings change for barteneder doesn't mean it's my own fault.
    I know what I am doing and therefor posting any information except my opnion is a complete waste of time you morons.

That is ridiculus. Fuck Blizzard and their FPS problem!
    This is hilarious.

"I spent $2000 on my computer that means it should be good!!"

Yikes. Do some research first before dropping 2 grand on a crappy prebuilt, OP. My $700 PC from 2014 gets 60fps in raids all the time.

Is your $2000 pc outdated by any chance? I run wow fine but I too have fps drops, which is probably because I am running on a GTX 660 from 2012.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2019-11-05 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    WoW is a very CPU heavy game because of all the damage calculations and procs and shit. Even more so in raids because there are more people. That is actually the biggest reason we have stat squishes all the time. The game couldnt handle the MoP numbers very well. A lot of MoP bosses had heal mechanics to counteract the big numbers. Multiply that by a fuck ton when Bloodlust is used.

You couldn't be more wrong.
    It takes the same time to add 2 + 2, and 2 billion + 2 billion.
    Same goes with multiplying.

Check how Arithmetic Logic Unit(ALU) works inside CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    yes every single player of worldtop guilds that play on 3k$ computers is stupid that we see drops to 15-30 fps on bl-pull IN EVERY SINGLE MOVIE OR STREAM... you post means that you even didn't measure fps during intense moments in raids and think that "everything is ok"
    ye cuz addons that only load in combat (boss mods and WA for example which is known to be a performance hog, and when you look at the method guys, who litteraly have 10+ auras running at the same time, ofc they will drops frames)

10+ Year Old Account
    You should try not playing on a potato.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP did you expect some big announcement sandwiched between Diablo and WoW announcements?

Get a better PC or stop running shitty add ons.

This is a you problem

i already post 4 videos - even wf with multimillionaire Sco who have 35-40fps whole fight on Queen Azshara wf...
    scos whole UI is made in weak auras, he has like 20 of them running at the same time, ofc shits gonna look like shit

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    That is a load of bollocks. The number in MOP were inconsequential to a modern PC, not to mention all that is done on the database anyway. In fact I bet behind the scenes the numbers are still gigantic. Just want we see isn't. Because that would be the easiest fix. The issue was the number were getting consequential for humans.
    It's not about "modern PCs", the issue with MoP and the subsequent stat squish is that the engine of the game is so old it isn't capable of interpreting integers above a certain bit count. I believe it's 32-bit but I may be wrong. The devs themselves straight up said that if Mythic Garrosh started with his entire health bar instead of healing to full 3 times the game engine would overflow and shit itself. It doesn't matter what the client or server machine is capable of, the literal coding of the game prevents them from being able to use the necessary numbers.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    that's why i mention in my 1st post yes every single player of worldtop guilds that play on 3k$ computers is stupid that we see drops to 15-30 fps on bl-pull IN EVERY SINGLE MOVIE OR STREAM... you post means that you even didn't measure fps during intense moments in raids and think that "everything is ok"
    That happens because they are streaming and because of custom addons/scripts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    It's not about "modern PCs", the issue with MoP and the subsequent stat squish is that the engine of the game is so old it isn't capable of interpreting integers above a certain bit count. I believe it's 32-bit but I may be wrong. The devs themselves straight up said that if Mythic Garrosh started with his entire health bar instead of healing to full 3 times the game engine would overflow and shit itself. It doesn't matter what the client or server machine is capable of, the literal coding of the game prevents them from being able to use the necessary numbers.
    That specific issue was fixed a few expacs ago...

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    I use very few addons (im a pvp player too) and have a 1k$ and in raids my fps goes to 10 in LFR, or in my guild progression
    i got a <500€ rig and am getting ~30 fps in raids playing on low

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong.
    It takes the same time to add 2 + 2, and 2 billion + 2 billion.
    Same goes with multiplying.

Check how Arithmetic Logic Unit(ALU) works inside CPU.
    it wasnt a cpu limitation, it was an engine limitation, i remember ion talking about it, and it was the reason garrosh had 3 "heal to full HP" phases

i think it had something to do with the engine not being able to handle numbers bigger than the 32bit integer

that's why i mention in my 1st post yes every single player of worldtop guilds that play on 3k$ computers is stupid that we see drops to 15-30 fps on bl-pull IN EVERY SINGLE MOVIE OR STREAM... you post means that you even didn't measure fps during intense moments in raids and think that "everything is ok"
    Movie? What movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    it's 100% that you just blind and don't understand that you play some times on 30fps...

- - - Updated - - -

2nd movie that i click - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ345rUjRb8
    player have 90+ fps before pull and around 25fps 50% of combat...
    It's a video, they use video recording software, it tanks your fps during intense moments, there is no workaround unless hardware developers solve it, or you use separate machine to do the recording
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a GFX nerd but something is NOT adding up with your FPS losses.. Maybe set up a raid profile in the graphics section?

I most likely play one of the cheapest computers on the forum and I don't drop that far, and I'm medium/high graphics.

You compare with streamers too, I guess? If so, video recording as well as interface display for their viewers eats the FPS too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    WoW is a very CPU heavy game because of all the damage calculations and procs and shit. Even more so in raids because there are more people. That is actually the biggest reason we have stat squishes all the time. The game couldnt handle the MoP numbers very well. A lot of MoP bosses had heal mechanics to counteract the big numbers. Multiply that by a fuck ton when Bloodlust is used.
    WRONG

the reason garrosh healed 3 times because he because the game engine cant handle numbers bigger than the 32bit integer, hence why blizzard was forced to heal the boss 3 times durring the fight

10+ Year Old Account
    so you think that even Sco don't have money to have decent pc or what? https://youtu.be/TRzxQA1Y7V0?t=336 (35-45fps whole fight) and i really don't understand you idea at all. you happy that in 2005-2008 we had stable 100+ fps in raids on middle pc and now it's just theoretically impossible to have 60+fps during some periods even on 10k$ pc... it's not a problem for you but i want 240 stable fps on top pc. 144 stable on middle pc. it's reasonable.
    wow is a very cpu-heavy game with very old engine that struggles with utilizing modern cpus, put cpu-heavy recording software for 1080p 60hz record quality - voilà, fps drop even on high-end pcs

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's a video, they use video recording software, it tanks your fps during intense moments, there is no workaround unless hardware developers solve it, or you use separate machine to do the recording
    I second this.

Blizzard can't do anything about it.

OP is right, performance got shit somewhere along the line, if people who play the game for a living and have sponsored top of the line hardware can't even get high FPS then that is a knock-down argument.

The great thing about Classic is that it's buttery smooth even on older machines, and yet it hardly looks any worse than retail. When I watch videos of modern raids and see all those over the top flashy effects it makes me want to hurl chunks, WoW was never supposed to be like that.
    Last edited by WowClassic; 2019-11-05 at 12:57 PM.