Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylander View Post
    After watching this video by Pyromancer, I think I've finally realized her true intention. Listen to the few things he says before the reaction video.

She didn't go to ICC to hurt Bolvar. If that was her intent, she wouldn't have left him alive. First, she released him from his own prison with the helm. Then she shatters the veil between Azeroth and the Shadowlands.

I'm pretty sure that shadowy figure she's standing in front of is chained down. She's using him, for the greater good, or waiting for us to follow to help bring this guy down. This shadowy figure is disrupting the balance, or is keeping this 'prison' in check for the Titans.

The titans will witness these efforts Sylvanas is going through, and will try to stop her, but in the end, I believe she's going after the titans.

"And I will set us all free." - Sylvanas
    My guess is that we finally get to kill her in 9.0, after she either kills Bolvar or brings him into submission. My thoughts: We fight bolvar or he becomes our ally and is somehow controlled by Sylvanas, we break him free and fight her with his help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    he really likes the game, and the lore, its nice to see people so passionate about wow still IMO, so i actually liked the reaction alot
    A lot better than most twitch or wowstreamers that do nothing but hate on the game. The game needs more positive wowtubers/streamers. NK is pretty positive about her stuff too.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

In my opinion, I think she has a self serving goal, that may or may not help other people in the long run.

She learned in Edge of Night that she would be tortured forever, as would the rest of the forsaken and anything in a state of undeath (the Valkyr) by the Jailer. That would explain why the Valkyr wanted Sylvanas so badly; things have been happening in the Shadowlands since before then. That has been her motivating factor since that occurred: the prevent her torture in the afterlife by any means necessary. She also isn't above using dangerous forces to help herself, whether it's N'zoth, Azshara, or the Jailer. I think the Maw is fueling her power as a result of the Jailer sending all of the souls into the Maw, but her endgame is to defeat the Jailer and save herself (and by extension everyone else) from an eternity of torment.

For example: Teldrassil souls went to the Maw (bad), thus empowering Sylvanas (kinda bad), giving her the ability to break the helm and breach the shadowlands (maybe bad, maybe not), and possibly defeat the Jailer (good, but primarily self serving).

As I said, I think she's doing it for herself. Helping others is just a potential side effect. I do like that this at least gives her character a thru line, and explains her behaviors and things she said. Her future is the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by mcastillo88 View Post
    In my opinion, I think she has a self serving goal, that may or may not help other people in the long run.

She learned in Edge of Night that she would be tortured forever, as would the rest of the forsaken and anything in a state of undeath (the Valkyr) by the Jailer. That would explain why the Valkyr wanted Sylvanas so badly; things have been happening in the Shadowlands since before then. That has been her motivating factor since that occurred: the prevent her torture in the afterlife by any means necessary. She also isn't above using dangerous forces to help herself, whether it's N'zoth, Azshara, or the Jailer. I think the Maw is fueling her power as a result of the Jailer sending all of the souls into the Maw, but her endgame is to defeat the Jailer and save herself (and by extension everyone else) from an eternity of torment.

For example: Teldrassil souls went to the Maw (bad), thus empowering Sylvanas (kinda bad), giving her the ability to break the helm and breach the shadowlands (maybe bad, maybe not), and possibly defeat the Jailer (good, but primarily self serving).

As I said, I think she's doing it for herself. Helping others is just a potential side effect. I do like that this at least gives her character a thru line, and explains her behaviors and things she said. Her future is the afterlife.
    I'm very curious what her end game goal is. To control azeroth and put it under her heel? With death empowering her, i'm pretty sure she'll do just that. I think at this point, she doesnt need the valkyries any longer. She's beyond that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    A lot better than most twitch or wowstreamers that do nothing but hate on the game. The game needs more positive wowtubers/streamers. NK is pretty positive about her stuff too.
    It's one thing being positive, it's another being completely delusional and rude to anyone who disagrees with you. Which he is.

[QUOTE=Sanguinerd;51837969]It's one thing being positive, it's another being completely delusional and rude to anyone who disagrees with you. Which he is.[/QUOTE

Ahhh. It is interesting how even delusional and rude streamers have a loyal following, oblivous to what others think. Kinda reminds me of Trump supporters. haha
    It is quite sad to be rude to people that disagree with you, they should be open to other's opinions as well, not just what the streamers think.

5+ Year Old Account
    So, does all this !@#$ eventually amount to AZEROTH IS FREE!!!!1!1!!... Wait, where have I seen this before?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    So, does all this !@#$ eventually amount to AZEROTH IS FREE!!!!1!1!!... Wait, where have I seen this before?
    The day Azeroth becomes free is the day we move to a different planet. :P
    OR until blizz decides to come up with some messed up story that we need to save her again.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    the funny thing about Pyro is he really thinks he predicted everything.. i watched most of his videos especially these about titans/sylvanas and everything void related and sure he was heading in some cases in the right direction but he nailed pretty much nothing...but hey what to expect from someone who begs his viewers for money via gofundme because he is so poor and needs his viewers to pay for a new house but can go travel around and spent all the money for hardware tons of furniture etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    It's one thing being positive, it's another being completely delusional and rude to anyone who disagrees with you. Which he is.
    so much this .. his true colors come thorugh whenever he is in asmons chat ... or when he joins him on discord constant bashing on chat for being stupid to not believe him and that they are all wrong only his theories are true etc etc

She didn't go to ICC to hurt Bolvar. If that was her intent, she wouldn't have left him alive. First, she released him from his own prison with the helm. Then she shatters the veil between Azeroth and the Shadowlands.
    From her point of view she released him from his prison. And Bolvar calls it that as well. However the reason he put on the crown in the first place was because he sacrificed himself so he could hold the Scourge in check. Destroying the helmet was doing him no favour, as now the Scourge will be set loose upon us, as they have already confirmed that that will be the pre-expansion event. Bolvar now thinks he has failed his task, as he says at the beginning of the trailer.

I'm pretty sure that shadowy figure she's standing in front of is chained down. She's using him, for the greater good, or waiting for us to follow to help bring this guy down. This shadowy figure is disrupting the balance, or is keeping this 'prison' in check for the Titans.
    He was imprisoned there so he would not be set loose. I'm pretty sure it's not the Titans who did this, but the Arbiter, and they've made it pretty clear the Arbiter even predates the Titans. Even if the Titans are somehow involved, even if they did imprison him there, the imprisonment would be "for the greater good", and Sylvanas involvement is not. Sylvanas has one goal. Not going to that place, which is most likely the Maw. If it's the Arbiter that sent her there, she most likely wants to use the jailer to kill the Arbiter and "set us all free" from judgment by the Arbiter. But it is most certainly her own interests that drive her and not the greater good, as you could argue that without an Arbiter sending irredeemable souls to the Maw, we might actually have a problem.

The titans will witness these efforts Sylvanas is going through, and will try to stop her, but in the end, I believe she's going after the titans.

Why? Why the Titans? Sylvanas' problem is that if she dies, she will suffer for all eternity in the Maw. The Titans do not even factor into this. It's the afterlife that is the problem for her.
    Last edited by How dare you; 2019-11-05 at 01:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Yeah, the crowd was quite enthusiastic.
    They were actually, yeah. I don't get it. Then again, people were enthusiastic if you see a reaction from the WoD cinematic as well, so..
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    So she did not burn thousands of innocent woman and children alive in Teldrassil out of spite then?
    She burned them down so she could feed the Maw their souls.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    So she did not burn thousands of innocent woman and children alive in Teldrassil out of spite then?
    that was a good thing. I've probably killed thousands of dirty NE's too. my only gripe is that she didn't exterminate all the alliance

Imagine still worming yourself through all those mental hoops in order to try and make Sylvanas not look like an evil, genocidal witch.

Best thing Blizzard can do with Sylvanas is just kill her off after this expansion. I am beyond sick of her and her nasally voiced snark, and it seems I'm not the only one who feels she's more than overstayed her welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    So she could power the Maw, in turn power the Jailor which then powered herself since she made a deal with him.
    Which doesn't make it any better.

As far as I'm concerned her obsession with self preservation is still there, shes vulnerable in the living world and is a cat with only 2/9 lives left.

Her pact with Helya in Legion and attempt to imprison the Valkyr was for self preservation, for now I'll assume the war campaign was an effort to feed souls to the maw in exchange for the powers she would need to conquer Icecrown and break the veil between life and afterlife.

If the line between worlds blurs, she could potentially no longer fear death or feel vulnerable to it.

Your move Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I know, she is a genocidal psychopath. it was more like a rhetorical question

15+ Year Old Account
    After watching this video by Pyromancer, I think I've finally realized her true intention. Listen to the few things he says before the reaction video.

This is exactly what I don't like about this story. It would be fine if she was doing evil stuff, but this whole idea of having a character that knows better and tries to manipulate our characters into doing something "for the greater good", especially seeing how she was never a selfless character of any sort, is just bs.
    It's like having an adult, holding us kids by the hand and ignoring our whining because they know better. That's not what makes an interesting story, that's what makes bad fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I dont even care im sick of this bitch. Shes been in the last 3 expansion cinematics. Give somebody else the spotlight for once
    Right? Where's Khadgar in all of this btw?
    I hope she ends up like Garosh in WoD, killed in a lvling quest.
    Last edited by Azahel; 2019-11-05 at 03:03 PM.

She will become a martyr... mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    She will become a martyr... mark my words.
    Blizzard might try, but any sensible person won't buy into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Blizzard might try, but any sensible person won't buy into it.
    Eh... People buying into it have little to do with what the story tells you. If they make her into a martyr, you might disagree and think it's horrible and doesn't make sense, which could be true. It does not however change the story and lore.

She will become the next Arbiter.

I'm curious if the butthurt will cease when that happens.