Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Fret not, you are wrong

In the Q&A section at Blizzcon they answered a question about allied races with more than 2 or less than 2 legs and their answer demonstrates quite clearly that we have not seen the last of allied races.
    Wooohoooo! Awesome news then, and if rumors about leveling being 60-70 percent faster are true, it'll be an altoholic heaven!

If they do become allied races (Blizzard sure has their asses covered with all of them using player skeleton, 3 of them using the Night Elf/Nightborne/Zandalari one), they really should just become like Pandaren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Even if that mattered, the one jarring exception is the Nightbourne who had connections to the night Elves above all else. So it literally doesn't matter.
    They are related to both Night Elves and Blood Elves. And Blizzard insists that a big factor was also that the Blood Elves are former junkies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Just make them neutral during the intro zone like Pandas, then once you leave you need to choose Horde or Alliance. Gets rid of of the whole "X race should be Y faction." Would look weird at first but would make more sense in the Shadowlands.
    This. The whole point of Covenants is that they don't initially even give a shit about your faction, and presumably, both factions are gonna aid them in equal measure since Covenants as a system are faction agnostic.

If you were to make Necrolords and Venthyr Horde and Night Fae and Kyrians Alliance because "muh monster races for Horde, muh pretty races for Alliance" or the other way around to be subversive, it's gonna be a shitstorm that will make the Nightborne one look tiny by comparison.

Allied races are a BFA feature

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfThaWest View Post
    Wooohoooo! Awesome news then, and if rumors about leveling being 60-70 percent faster are true, it'll be an altoholic heaven!
    Seems like it's even faster, though.
    At least, the way I've seen them refer to it, 1-10 is starting zone, 10-50 is regular leveling, 50-60 is Shadowlands leveling. So far, they've specifically made sure to imply every time that you can level from 10 to 50 by just doing one expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    Forgot about the bat-people ; The armors would be too much of an hassle to adapt.

Also, don't forget they can't adpat to sunlight. It hurt them.

Ha, and one thing !

THEY ARE ENTITY OF THE OTHER SIDE, THEY CANNOT GO ANYWHERE BUT THE SHADOWLAND SINCE THEY'RE DEAD ENTITIES §§
    You mean they'd be some sort of dead people, but who are not dead. Like some sorts of ... undeads ????

I'd love to make a Night Fae hunter with the adorable little rabbit grub things as pets

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Allied races are a BFA feature
    False.

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    The Kirian look so much like an Alliance race, that their mount is even a winged lion, and i would not be surprised if those lions end up being their base hunter pet if they do become playable.

False.

/10char

I would kill for the blue dudes myself. Personally I could see any of these races as neutral allied races like pandaren considering both factions work with them building up the covenants and would want them that way myself. Knowing blizzard though they will either not be allied races or arbitrarily decide which faction they ultimately go to like the nightfallen elves.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Thanks for linking a video...?

Just because they were introduced as a feature in BfA doesn't mean they ended with BfA. They've repeatedly made statements that demonstrate Allied Races are not done.

Thanks for linking a video...?

Just because they were introduced as a feature in BfA doesn't mean they ended with BfA. They've repeatedly made statements that demonstrate Allied Races are not done.
    Would you be so kind to link any of these statements?

Horde should get vampires.
    Alliance should get blue humans.

Everybody wins.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Im just going to say, if all of these races are dead, and only present in the shadowlands, how can they be playable.
    Agreed, it would be weird. What reason could these races possibly have to leave what is basically their ecosystem to join races that live in a world they have left behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Horde should get vampires.
    Alliance should get blue humans.

Everybody wins.
    You better say its like this :

Horde should get blood thirsty warmongers vampires.
    Alliance should get Mecha-blue humans.

Brian Holinka :"Everybody wins"
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-11-05 at 10:14 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    You better say its like this :

Horde should get blood thirsty warmongers vampires.
    Alliance should get Mecha-blue humans.

Brian Holinka :"Everybody wins"
    That's exquisite

About 40+ customization options for each race I wanna say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

People have been asking for Vamp elves for a while. I think that's how they'll get them.

5+ Year Old Account
    As cool as the Shadowland races are, do you think it's plausible that we'd get allied races for this new expansion though? I mean with all the character customization and correct me if I'm wrong, aren't the races in Shadowlands well.... dead? Do we really think that we'd promote more dead creatures venturing into Azeroth? It's an interesting thought but how would it come about is something I'd like to know.
    "If you lose sight of something, the only person who can find it again is you"

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Seems like it's even faster, though.
    At least, the way I've seen them refer to it, 1-10 is starting zone, 10-50 is regular leveling, 50-60 is Shadowlands leveling. So far, they've specifically made sure to imply every time that you can level from 10 to 50 by just doing one expansion.
    Sounds amazing, been preparing me some LFD and Mag'hars to level. If both can be handled in Legion and/or Warlords, it's going to be amazing.