Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You're whining about ops whining.

You're whining about a whiner which is like fighting a fire by adding more fire. It's dumb.
    again my post wasnt whining maybe set down the box of crayons you're eating from and pay attention
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    again my post wasnt whining maybe set down the box of crayons you're eating from and pay attention
    So now you're whining about my crayon eating? Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    and you're whining about someone whining about a whiner

And now I'm whining about someone whining about someone whining about someone whining.
    I see this kind of argument brought up and I tend to disagree telling someone " no your being unreasonable " isnt whining.

In ohio you can buy fireworks but it's illegal to light them here without a permit. Though most people in the country where I live don't mind. As long as the crops are taken off. That way fields don't get set on fire
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    You know what really grinds my gears and its that time of year when every idiot with 2 brain cells thinks its great to create a loud explosion that looks pretty for 3-5seconds, creates a lot of noise that is not only annoying but frightens the shit out of animals and in extreme cases is a fire hazard that gives insurance companies good reason to laugh in your face.

Keep it to certain events run by local councils or mega events in their own stadiums etc. If they want to waste money on a big bang at the end of year or sporting event in some remote field fine. But personal/domestic fireworks should be banned.

/end rant
    No. People should be allowed to have them.

Yes please do for the animals sake atleast.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yes please do for the animals sake atleast.
    the animals get over the fireworks pretty quickly. When it comes to animals I worry more about when people let balloons float away as part of some memorial ceremony. Eventually they all run out of air and often land in pastures. Then the animals eat them and obviously they can't digest rubber. I would be more for outlawing that than outlawing fireworks.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's because I'm in a more rural/open area, but fireworks have never bothered me. People here shoot them on the 4th of July, New Year's Eve/Day, and sometimes on Memorial Day. For the most part, that's it for the year.

They used to be illegal here, but that changed a few years back. Far as I know, you can shoot them here whenever you want now as long as you're not being stupid (ie, firing Roman candles at your neighbor's house or other similar dumbshit things that people might do when alcohol is involved), and there's not an outdoor burning ban or something going on.

edit: there may be some stipulation about what hours you're allowed to light them. I forget. It's probably not okay at late night/early morning hours when people are generally sleeping.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-11-05 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    They need to lower restrictions on fireworks here.
    They actually legalized certain lame fireworks here in NJ recently which I couldn't believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It’s banned on military bases so I hardly ever hear them. Some bases will do a firework show, though. I’ve never been close enough to be bothered by it.
    I live only a one mile or less from one and still can hear them every election day, Fourth of July (HATE THIS HOLIDAY SO MUCH) and New Years.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I don’t mind fireworks, and I’ve had one someone lit tip over and shoot me in the neck and leg. Dogs barking constantly are more annoying.

Well... the fireworks were because it was the 5th of November...

"Firework Night" it is called, the 5th of November...
    Did you remember remember?
    Last edited by d00mGuArD; 2019-11-06 at 09:31 AM.
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyjack View Post
    I see this kind of argument brought up and I tend to disagree telling someone " no your being unreasonable " isnt whining.
    It is worthless though. Some people need still need to learn that it is perfectly alright for 2 different opinions to exist in the same world. People can think fireworks suck, or that they are awesome, and they can both be right. You can think telling someone they are being unreasonable isn't whining, someone else can, and you can both be correct as well. There is no majority vote for the one true definition of being whiny, because each individual person will have a different experience with what the word 'Whiny" actually means to your internal dictionary. The best example I could leave you with is to think of an image of an apple, and where I might think of a granny smith, you might think red delicious, someone else might think of apple pie, and none of these are wrong because it's our personal understanding of the word.

On topic, I used to enjoy fireworks to some degree when I was young, but I would be fine with a fireworks ban. Maybe even just more strict enforcement/fines, and dedicated safety instructions taught at a young age. Americans use about 270 million pounds of fireworks on July 4th fireworks, and even besides the obvious fire and health hazards, much of that 270 million pounds becomes litter that is nigh impossible to clean up. All so someone can listen to tiny explosions and see pretty lights. We find cleaner and better ways to entertain ourselves the other 364 days of the year, there really isn't a good reason to continue harmful traditions.
    “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”
    ― Lao Tzu

They should be banned in residential areas, I consider them disturbing the peace.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    When has banning things ever worked out in the USA?
    You would just end with more people hurting themselves with homemade fireworks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    They should be banned in residential areas, I consider them disturbing the peace.
    most police in our state don't give a shit about fireworks. most they will do is ask you to keep it down.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was cycling along the other day minding my own business, broad daylight. Just as I passed a guy walking the opposite way on the pavement, a giant firework rocket fired right out of his pocket sideways across a field, no joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if we should ban them outright but I fucking hate them. They look crap.

They are banned in Romania. They didn't use to be but a whole slew of...accidents, coupled with the fact that a lot of people in Romania are old and grumpy, eventually made the government cave and ban explosive fireworks for the general populace, only allowing those that sparkle.

Of course around the winter holidays you can still find vendors around street corners selling explosive fireworks from China, and the police confiscate tons of smuggled fireworks, and issue hefty fines, but nothing persuades the gypsies from selling them.

On the night of 31st of December of each year, Bucharest sounds like it's being invaded by an army, and the police shrugs at it, wondering where the hell did all those people acquire explosive fireworks.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2019-11-08 at 09:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they should ban fireworks, but rather ban or restrict them to use on certain days only. We have idiots around here that think they're so cool and tough and let fireworks off for no reason at all at random times, complete idiots.