Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Saw 2x Rivendare mounts in Ironforge at the same time

Now, this mount used to be a legend back in the day - I don't believe I saw anyone on the server with one during vanilla, and the information about it on wowhead was obscure.

Yet I saw 2 people with it in Ironforge just the other day. What gives? Layering abuse? If yes - weren't blizzard going to "handle" cases like these?
    Last edited by Misanthropia; 2019-11-06 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misanthropia View Post
    Now, this mount used to be a legend back in the day - I don't believe I saw anyone on the server with one during vanilla, and the information about it on wowhead was obsecure.

Yet I saw 2 people with it in Ironforge just the other day. What gives? Layering abuse? If yes - weren't blizzard going to "handle" cases like these?
    More people know about it. More people are trying to farm it. Especially since there is no filler content to do right now.

A medium server now was bigger than a full server then. So you got like 2-5x as many ppl on the server. Ppl are much more knowledgeable abt game now and level faster, have more gear, can run instances faster and know abt the mount. Rng is rng. There are like 50 some servers, you just happen to be on the one that has had 2 drops. Ppl that get this mount are pretty likely to show it off in IF.

Combine all those factors and it's not that unlikely.

You're trying to remember every time you were in a capital city from ~15 years ago. I doubt you're going to remember noticing it or not. A lot of people are farming those instances for the gear drops for Molten Core pre-BIS lists so it'll see a lot of deaths. More deaths = more chances at the horse.

Layering abuse was handled at extreme cases, mostly in a raid environment where people were full clearing Molten Core 2-3 times a week as far as I am aware.

I had it in vanilla and everyone thought I was soo damn cool. Also got Felstriker or what ever it's called from UBRS / Rend. Luck stroke me on the back though since I never got any other cool items from anything because when I raided, hunter loot never dropped again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bored people + nothing todo = farm mount in scholo.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    I had it in vanilla and everyone thought I was soo damn cool. Also got Felstriker or what ever it's called from UBRS / Rend. Luck stroke me on the back though since I never got any other cool items from anything because when I raided, hunter loot never dropped again.
    Why would you use Felstriker on a hunter?

10+ Year Old Account
    they buffed its drop rate. no other explanation, and massively buffed it too
    that mount was legendary as have the least drop rate in entire game items, even in TBC when Stratholme was soloable (if u were dps, like a warlock demo for example) ppl still couldn't get it, it had drop rate 0.001% according to thottbot, i still remember the quote that static wise u have a higher chance to be a usa president, while not being born in usa, than to get that mount
    blizz buffed it to 1% at wrath launch when they decided that all mounts should have 1% chance instead of that random weird % since some mounts had rate like 10% and others 2% etc
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    that mount was legendary as have the least drop rate in entire game items, even in TBC when Stratholme was soloable (if u were dps, like a warlock demo for example) ppl still couldn't get it, it had drop rate 0.001% according to thottbot, i still remember the quote that static wise u have a higher chance to be a usa president, while not being born in usa, than to get that mount
    blizz buffed it to 1% at wrath launch when they decided that all mounts should have 1% chance instead of that random weird % since some mounts had rate like 10% and others 2% etc
    I think you may have some stats mixed up...

If it's a .001% drop rate, that's still only 1:100,000 Sure, it's rare as shit, but still far more likely than the odds of 7 billion people not born in America becoming President.

Now, this mount used to be a legend back in the day - I don't believe I saw anyone on the server with one during vanilla, and the information about it on wowhead was obscure.

You can't layer abuse an instance, if it droped of a world boss or mob in the world then it might have been the case but the mount drops of the last boss in an instance. Most likely they just farmed it.

You can literaly get the mount on your first Stratholme clear, dude

15+ Year Old Account
    you just farm it everyday thats it.
    its not that rare.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    You can't layer abuse an instance, if it droped of a world boss or mob in the world then it might have been the case but the mount drops of the last boss in an instance. Most likely they just farmed it.
    There was a layer bug for weeks that allowed people to respawn instanced bosses in front of them without reclearing the instance.

I was one of these people that farmed the mount in TBC forever and never got it to drop... until the buffed drop chance. That is exactly why I am bamboozled right now

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    There was a layer bug for weeks that allowed people to respawn instanced bosses in front of them without reclearing the instance.
    Oof big oof. Layers shouldn't even be possible to manipulate inside an instance. Dunno how they fucked that up so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I think you may have some stats mixed up...

If it's a .001% drop rate, that's still only 1:100,000 Sure, it's rare as shit, but still far more likely than the odds of 7 billion people not born in America becoming President.
    of course the chance is lower, i just remember the quote because how funny it was
    i was alliance and i remember i tried to farm that mount as much as possible and still didn't get it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Oof big oof. Layers shouldn't even be possible to manipulate inside an instance. Dunno how they fucked that up so bad.
    check vashyr end quest...
    i lvled over 15 character at least (5 on Bladefist server, then 9 on Burning Legion) and I never, not even once, saw that quest not bugged
    As for why i go vashyr because on pvp server no one goes Vashyr so u lvl very safe
    Since MoP until Legion exp (when i finally got each class maxed) i never saw that quest working
    I had to youtube it to know how Vashyr questline ends
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

the information about it on wowhead was obscure.
    Well, yeah, that's because Wowhead didn't launch until mid-2006 and didn't become popular until well after that. I'm sure there was plenty of information about it on Thottbot, especially since everyone seemed to know exactly where the mount dropped.

We need less RNG threads here. Nothing has changed. RNG is RNG is RNG.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account

I knew four or five people with it back in vanilla, it dropped for a guildie the 2nd or 3rd week of BC and for me less than a week later. Guildie said it was karma, seeing as I helped him get his.

Its almost like RNG is a fickle thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    We need less RNG threads here. Nothing has changed. RNG is RNG is RNG.
    No! Its layering abuse! It has to be!

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Thottbot was not the most reliable and just like wowhead % drops for rare things are always and have always been way off. Thottbot required people reporting drops it didn't scan a database to find anything out. It was all user reported based on running the thottbot addon and then uploading. You are talking a percent of the community, and a specific one at that to report the data of what that player achieved.

Simple fact, RNG be fucking RNG. Also, people know exactly how to get it now, back then it was months before people figured it out or knew about it. That is a big chunk of the life cycle of vanilla. People are effectively clearing dungeons at a faster and more consistent rate. They are also reclearing as often as possible. Strat holds a few BiS items for pre-raid. Couple all this together with the power of RNG and two mounts in 3 months on one server isn't that unlikely. Also, this is a dungeon drop not a raid drop so you can farm the hell out of it.

I've seen a lot of people get ultra rate mounts and items on their first 5 or so kills before. It happens. Not to me, but it happens lol. I got the Onyxia mount pretty quick that is about it.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2019-11-06 at 08:10 PM.

Layering Abuse?

OP. What? Its a dungeon mount...how would?