Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is Ardenweald the most lazy new zone?

Looks like a thematic repeat of Shadowmoon valley from WoD. I mean I love shadowmoon valley but come on.

Yeah I thought the same. Shadowmoon Valley + Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Looks like a thematic repeat of Shadowmoon valley from WoD. I mean I love shadowmoon valley but come on.
    Aren't you banned yet? How does someone with a troll avatar get away with making so many troll posts?

i love shadowmoon valley so im okay with this

I imagine that there will be some snowy areas akin to an updated crystalsong forest given that the “Queen of Winter” lives there.

How is it the laziest when we haven't even experienced it fully. Wait till beta is out at least

While what we've seen(very little at that) does look like Shadowmoon, you need to wait until you see the entire zone before you start wasting time with posts like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the word lazy the most lazy form of game criticism? Why yes, I think it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bazull View Post
    How is it the laziest when we haven't even experienced it fully. Wait till beta is out at least
    Exactly, but the OP seems to have a gift for making useless topics, so...
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    I dont mind if they reuse maps to create new ones. But i am hoping for a larger map scale. I am not a fan pf this shrink sized „new“ continents. I get the feeling that there is not a single place in newer xpacs, that just exist for its existance will. Imo thats a nasty thing.

We haven't seen the full zone yet, but there are already screenshots of Drust related areas in the zone and it'll be the zone that contains The Other Side with Bwonsamdi, so I would expect some other loa related areas, as loa are just Wild Gods worshipped by trolls. Gonk had access to the Emerald Dream, so it would make sense to maybe see Rezan and Hir'eek as they rest before rebirth, like Cenarius did.
    Last edited by McCulloch; 2019-11-07 at 05:57 AM.

I wouldnt know as I havent played it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is meant to look like a shadow/dark side version of the Emerald Dream. Yes, might not look 100% new but hard to re-envision a nature zone that is meant to look like an untouched forest zone which haven't been used before. Even so, it is as lazy as your thread, for we have not seen all of Ardenweald yet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

*looks at Nazjatar which is almost copy pasted from Aszuna*
    *looks at Dragon Soul which is literally just Wyrmrest Temple*
    *looks at Sithilus which has pretty much nothing but sand throughout the entire zone*
    *looks at Uldum which is an Indiana Jones Rip Off*
    *looks at WoD Nagrand which looks almost Identical to BC Nagrand*

*looks at Ardenweald of which we've seen maybe...2 yards of and already has a somewhat unique story and visuals*

yep laziest zone ever...

To me it's quite ok.

The fauna at least seems rather new.
    The denizens on the other hand show me that Blizzard employees watched the Dark Crystal show. (Those mini fae look exactly like the main characters from the show/movie)

WOW has so many different zones that it is probably impossible to introduce something that is completely unique each new expansion. I am more interested in the quality of the content of the zone than its aesthetics alone.

Besides the fact that it has trees and a similar color palette, i don't really see it, and what little we saw looked like it had the potential to be visually stunning, ao i lean towards no.
    If we want to complain about "lazy", we should at least look at Maldraxxus or whatever it's called, that really dos look like EP + Nagrand. It will still be cool nonetheless, though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    To me it's quite ok.

The fauna at least seems rather new.
    The denizens on the other hand show me that Blizzard employees watched the Dark Crystal show. (Those mini fae look exactly like the main characters from the show/movie)
    Of course they watched Dark Crystal, don't you remember the arakkoa and Skettis?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    I dont mind if they reuse maps to create new ones. But i am hoping for a larger map scale. I am not a fan pf this shrink sized „new“ continents. I get the feeling that there is not a single place in newer xpacs, that just exist for its existance will. Imo thats a nasty thing.
    Yeah I noticed that myself too. I was talking to a buddy about how it's like we've gotten less dungeons as well as smaller zones every expansion. It gets progressively worse. TBC and WotLK zones were epic and felt epic. Grizzly Hills was totally opposite of ZulDrak and yet they were both massive. And dungeons is another story. I will admit of course in TBC so many dungeons were just similar versions of others, but it felt fun because it was still a unique place. So it didnt matter that Steamvaults, Underbog, and Slave pens were similar. But now it's like the more WoW has gotten "pristine" its became less epic and IMO, less fun in many ways. I dont think I've ever gotten to have the excitement I did with WotLK zones ever since it ended. I remember the first time it dropped, choosing between Borean Tundra and Fjord was hard as both looked so great. In the end we did Tundra, and man it was fun. I want that feeling again.

Is having a certain theme appear in multiple zones across a SHARED WORLD wrong? Let us not be lazy and try harder to appreciate things rather then mow them down ^_^