Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

How are mounts going to work on the new leveling?

Do veteran players get a flying mount at level 10? because what if i want to do some burning crusade at level 10? so, do we get ground mounts at level 5 then?

It sounds like the new generic tutorial zone will teach players how to get their first mount, so I'd guess level 9 or 10?

So slow mount at level 10, 100% mount speed at level 20, flying at whatever the Burning Crusade level is, 25 or 27?

Quote Originally Posted by kurigosh View Post
    Do veteran players get a flying mount at level 10? because what if i want to do some burning crusade at level 10? so, do we get ground mounts at level 5 then?
    Then you start with the zones who don't require flying, then unlock it at some point to finish them. Most people had no flying moount in BC.
    And it's only needed in LK for some quests in Icecrown or Storm Peaks.

They stated at Blizzcon that every time you level, you will receive something- either a new spell, an upgraded spell, a new talent, a mount or something else.

I imagine mounts of all types open up at level 10, since they mentioned you'd be able to pick which expansion zones your alts level in starting at level 10. The faster mount speeds would be available then as well, for a fee. Not sure how they'll deal with flying, because for Cataclysm you NEED flying in order to progress though those zones, so how will flying be unlocked for noob characters? Or will they just assume that since only alts can choose to level in Cata zones that your main would feed the alt the gold necessary to buy flying?

We'll have to see, but regardless of how flying will be dealt with, ground mounts will be available from level 10.

5+ Year Old Account
    Outland without flying mount :O
    Maybe pathfinder? I know there is a group of people who hates that, but for me its fine. You just would had exploration and storyline and thats all you have unlocked flying
    From lvl 15 60%
    25lvl 100% and basic flying
    40lvl Flying max
    But its just idea i dont say that is good but its very gentle topic cuz imagine flying at lvl 10 it would kill grounds mounts. I know there are people who dont like grounds mounts at all but its really diffcult to solve that with make it comfortably for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    Outland without flying mount :O
    Maybe pathfinder? I know there is a group of people who hates that, but for me its fine. You just would had exploration and storyline and thats all you have unlocked flying
    From lvl 15 60%
    25lvl 100% and basic flying
    40lvl Flying max
    But its just idea i dont say that is good but its very gentle topic cuz imagine flying at lvl 10 it would kill grounds mounts. I know there are people who dont like grounds mounts at all but its really diffcult to solve that with make it comfortably for everyone
    well, everyone leveled in BC without flying as it became available at lvl 70...
    norhtrend was 77 so little below max lvl if i remember correctly, so no problem there either
    draenor, bfa, no problem, curious how they deal with pathfinder from main (you should be able to fly right from the start in those zones)
    cata, you could fly from start, so i guess that will stay, and pandaria i honestly dont remember i believe you couldnt fly untill max lvl there either

im honestly curious how theyll solve it, but it wold have to be the same solution for all expansions, otherwise people will just level in those with earlier flying

They should just let us fly from level 10.. no reason not to.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    They should just let us fly from level 10.. no reason not to.
    So there is no reason to keep ground mounts anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    So there is no reason to keep ground mounts anymore
    - The new expansion
    - PvP
    - Raids
    - Dungeons

I'm not saying they should remove ground mounts. I'm just saying that old content and leveling in old content is something that players have experienced for a long time now, so there is no reason to not just let us fly while leveling in the old zones. Blizzard will not lose anything for letting us flying in from level 10 in the old content.

That's a good point actually. Let's say you hit 10 and want to do Cataclysm, that requires access to a flying mount to play through most of the zones.

They either have to make flying unlocked at 10 or do the rent-a-mount thing they did in zones like Storm Peaks that gives you a wimpy, zone-locked one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    That's a good point actually. Let's say you hit 10 and want to do Cataclysm, that requires access to a flying mount to play through most of the zones.

They either have to make flying unlocked at 10 or do the rent-a-mount thing they did in zones like Storm Peaks that gives you a wimpy, zone-locked one.
    They can implement a loaner flying mount for any content that requires it.

the equivalent of lvl 60 is going to be what? lvl 15 in the new system going by /played to reach max level?

don't think they can delay it further than lvl 20ish without people going berzerk over all the effort they put in to get pathfinder being wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They can implement a loaner flying mount for any content that requires it.
    I might be misremembering but I don't think there is anything in Cata that actually requires a flying mount to get to besides some dungeons and raids in Uldum which like you said they could set up guy to send you there and then just put in a fp when you get there.

Nobody knows yet. Until we get PTR or blue confirmation, everything is speculation. /thread.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It sounds like the new generic tutorial zone will teach players how to get their first mount, so I'd guess level 9 or 10?

So slow mount at level 10, 100% mount speed at level 20, flying at whatever the Burning Crusade level is, 25 or 27?
    You can start BC at lvl 10, that's why he's asking.

Quote Originally Posted by kurigosh View Post
    I get the questions, but we're probably at least 11 months away from the expansion launching. Nobody (not even ppl at Blizzard) knows all the specifics yet. They have a ton of things to figure out to do a level reallocation.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    I might be misremembering but I don't think there is anything in Cata that actually requires a flying mount to get to besides some dungeons and raids in Uldum which like you said they could set up guy to send you there and then just put in a fp when you get there.
    All the zones were designed with flying in mind, Deepholme comes to mind as the most "you absolutely need flying to get up there" zone I encountered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

It's not just that at some places you're required to have flying. But right now you can go to outland or northrend or anywhere and do that piece of leveling experience with flying. Would be... khm... "weird" if we couldn't with the new leveling experience.

I am all in for the level squish. That said, won't they have the same issue of not getting something every level after an expansion or two?