Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Sethrak on alliance might be enough to tip the faction imbalance. Who doesn’t want to play a snake thing like from primal rage
    If Alliance players wanted to play monster races they'd already be in the Horde. Nobody wants non distinct gender races on which tmogs look crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    If Rajani Mogu go Horde, then Alliance would likely get a Horde rig (see the Velf/Nightborne swap).

Which would make things interesting, I don't know any potential ARs for Alliance that use a Horde rig.
    I don't necessarily see why that would be necessary.
    Can't think of anything else other than Lightforged Undead and that idea just makes me wince.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yeah, thats not happening if we get ogres they will be one-headed no matter the class
    Mok'nathal, ok, I get, but full blood Ogres better have two-headed caster option or it's all for naught.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    They have already confirmed its a system they would like to continue in the future.
    I hope if they do they limit it to 1 per expansion because they bring very little to the table vs new classes, and I'd rather see them put the developmental effort into new classes / specs vs appearance.

As an aside for those mentioning Mok'nathal and Ogres, I'd personally prefer if those arrive as their own set, with an Alliance counterpart that matches it. Having one race be a BfA race and the other Ogre is a bit weird.

Mok'nathal with Broken would be a good combination, imo.
    As would Ogres with Arakkoa (but I feel like that would be a full race thing, not AR. But I could be wrong about that, too, after KT)

Anything Alliance is likely going to get a new female model. All the likely ones require it: Saberon, Sethrak, Ankoan.
    How are sethrak likely? Horde literally resurrected their goddess.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I don't necessarily see why that would be necessary.
    Can't think of anything else other than Lightforged Undead and that idea just makes me wince.
    I'm not sure on Calia Undead, nothing points to her making more. I'm also of the mind that they'll likely use the human rig: don't know why a Naaru-rezzed Undead would still look like shit.

It's POSSIBLE, but doubtful imo.

The big Kul Tirans are the descendants of Thornspeakers, ergo they are part Vrykul. Easy explanation for the height difference.
    We - first person

Their - third person

we=drust

their=Kul Tiran
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    I hope if they do they limit it to 1 per expansion because they bring very little to the table vs new classes, and I'd rather see them put the developmental effort into new classes / specs vs appearance.
    Purely on a return on investment perspective (effort put in versus revenue) it's almost a forgone conclusion that Blizzard will continue to add them. They are basically a reskin on an existing skeleton. Much easier than implementing a new class.

5+ Year Old Account
    Would like some more Elves!

I'm not sure on Calia Undead, nothing points to her making more. I'm also of the mind that they'll likely use the human rig: don't know why a Naaru-rezzed Undead would still look like shit.

It's POSSIBLE, but doubtful imo.
    I agree. But that's all I can think of for using Horde rigs if I really stretch my mind.

I honestly don't think Blizzard is sticking as tightly to the whole idea of "Okay, now we use this rig, and then this, and we go down the list." I think they just make races on certain rigs and then decide to make them playable based on play reaction or where it fits, regardless of whether it reuses a skeleton again or not.

But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    We - first person

Their - third person

we=drust

their=Kul Tiran

Kul Tiran society
    is one subject. Their doesn't make sense attached to it, it makes sense to say "the thornspeakers descendants".

It's stupid to die on this hill because it makes perfect sense why the Kul Tirans are larger than orcs and almost Tauren sized if they are half-Vrykul. Them just being big because "lol" is dumb when a very easy explanation can be assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    If Alliance players wanted to play monster races they'd already be in the Horde. Nobody wants non distinct gender races on which tmogs look crap.
    Well I've been Alliance for 13 years and I very well want Sethrak for Alliance. Precisely because it looks so elegant and classy. That said, if I have to choose between it being playable on Horde side or not playable at all, I'd choose the former. Ideally, Alliance would get Sethrak and Hordes either get Ogres (not because I care about them, but because there are many people who truly want Ogres and I want Blizzard to earn their favour) or some other cool looking bestial race. Though Lightbound Undead seem very likely at this point.

I honestly don't think Blizzard is sticking as tightly to the whole idea of "Okay, now we use this rig, and then this, and we go down the list."
    Ehh... Mechagnomes existing at all feels like they HAD to make a Gnome AR, seeing how distanced they are from the entire plot of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    Would like some more Elves!
    San'layn and naga, please.

5+ Year Old Account

Kul Tiran society
    is one subject. Their doesn't make sense attached to it, it makes sense to say "the thornspeakers descendants".

It's stupid to die on this hill because it makes perfect sense why the Kul Tirans are larger than orcs and almost Tauren sized if they are half-Vrykul. Them just being big because "lol" is dumb when a very easy explanation can be assumed.
    From looks of quest/visions in Drustvar the drust were not full sized Vrykul so mating between humans and drust was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    From looks of quest/visions in Drustvar the drust were not full sized Vrykul so mating between humans and drust was possible.
    Which matches up well with the timeline. A lot of them were big but not entirely Vrykul sized because of the curse (it was a gradual shrinking through the ages), which explains why Kul Tirans are not Vrykul sized but still larger than any other human.

Ehh... Mechagnomes existing at all feels like they HAD to make a Gnome AR, seeing how distanced they are from the entire plot of the expansion.
    Well, yeah, they probably consider it a little bit. Just not as strictly as people claim, like they're literally going off a list and ticking it down. If they have a concept for a new race, they probably stick with the skeleton that makes the most sense.
    Perhaps that's the problem with Mechagnomes? A cart before the horse type deal?

5+ Year Old Account
    Which matches up well with the timeline. A lot of them were big but not entirely Vrykul sized because of the curse (it was a gradual shrinking through the ages), which explains why Kul Tirans are not Vrykul sized but still larger than any other human.
    Exactly,

More on topic I hope ally gets mogu or snake men

Well, yeah, they probably consider it a little bit. Just not as strictly as people claim, like they're literally going off a list and ticking it down. If they have a concept for a new race, they probably stick with the skeleton that makes the most sense.
    Perhaps that's the problem with Mechagnomes? A cart before the horse type deal?
    That's the biggest problem with Alliance ARs, and the problem is really that there are so few subraces for Alliance established in previous lore. Broken (assumedly too ugly to implement? hence LFD), High Elf (has 'issues' associated with it, so says Blizz), Dark Iron and Wildhammer (which is really just tattoos, just as Shadowlands shows). So they really have to whip out new races for Alliance out of thin air.