Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    the post your quoting doesn't take into account animations or rigging.
    Again, you usually take those from existing animations.

Animation is a sequence of matrix translations and rotations to skeleton placed into timeline.

No matter what character blizzard introduces, it is going to reuse some of the already-implemented stuff like mesh/skeleton/animations.

Post I quoted is truly making character from ground up.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

Animation is a sequence of matrix translations and rotations to skeleton placed into timeline.

No matter what character blizzard introduces, it is going to reuse some of the already-implemented stuff like mesh/skeleton/animations.

I dunno man. I've seen plenty of the making of videos and it looks like they were manually rigging those skeletons.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

They use some existing animations that’s true but they also make comply new ones like dances sitting ect.

Its a filler expansion. The real deal is in 10.0
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    The concept of filler is dumb, but you assume much in thinking 10.0 will be any different. To me, it looks like the WoW dev team got downsized, probably they shifted developers to Diablo 4 and OW2. It does look like a budget expansion.
    The 40 price does drive that point home. They know what they got there.

7+ Year Old Account
    I to was hoping for a dark ranger(necromancer) but guess not to be.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

They use some existing animations that’s true but they also make comply new ones like dances sitting ect.
    Some?

https://www.wowhead.com/dressing-roo...7cX2k808X2o87k

go ahead and compare couple of animations for same-skeleton races such as lighfroged dranei and dranei. They are exactly the same. Even `EmoteDance`, but it is true they make unique dances.

And for example, KulTiran Attack1H is very similar to FelOrc. Even more similar to Maghar orc Attack1H.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2019-11-08 at 05:50 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some?

https://www.wowhead.com/dressing-roo...7cX2k808X2o87k

go ahead and compare couple of animations for same-skeleton races such as lighfroged dranei and dranei. They are exactly the same. Even `EmoteDance`, but it is true they make unique dances.

And for example, KulTiran Attack1H is exactly the same as FelOrc.
    We weren’t talking about the reskined allied races they are not at all relevant to kul Tirans.

So ya some.

No AP grind though

We weren’t talking about the reskined allied races they are not at all relevant to kul Tirans.

So ya some.
    I was talking about all their "new" races AND npcs. They do share animations between NPCs, other races etc. Blizzard definitely copies a lot from existing ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Praise Elune for no new classes or races. We have enough already.
    Nah, you're wrong about the classes part. There's always room for new classes in this game, considering there's a lot of room that needs to be filled

Races, sure, with the allied races system, I'd say it's plenty but they have an easier time making races now so I just don't see the point it not doing it. It's not like they can use that time on anything else, they are character modelers for a reason, they don't work with other shit.

I'd like to say we still have 6-10 months before everything is locked in and there's still time for some new feature or "hook" to be announced but there really is no new class or (primary)races coming, no way would they have left that out of their bare-bones previews. the zones are beautiful and the maw/tower look cool but for now the tower is the only real selling point the covenants are basically just shiny/glorified reputations with buffs/abilities stapled to them. Interesting in their own way but we've tried everything they offer in one way or another they don't generate the special kinda hype you get from something "new" you haven't played with before.

Maybe if we all collectively ask Blizz for more to the xpac they will create a new class! Let's all keep complaining, and hopefully they announce more to this xpac at next year's Blizz-con!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    I feel like they're just spitting in players' face at this point. We deserve proper expansions, not fillers.
    Shadowlands by itself is not a filler narrative, it's something we've always asked for but the contents of the expansion is clearly filler compared to MoP, Legion, etc

This just feels like another WoD and BFA to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was talking about all their "new" races AND npcs. They do share animations between NPCs, other races etc. Blizzard definitely copies a lot from existing ones.
    The reskin races are pointless to talk about as they are just reskins of player races. Fel orcs are also another race that’s pointless to talk about as they are just Another orc reskin and they stream Lined how they did combat animations in legion.

Yes there are over laps in player able races and of course there are over laps in some npc race that use the same skeletons but that was never the point.

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    I'd like to say we still have 6-10 months before everything is locked in and there's still time for some new feature or "hook" to be announced but there really is no new class or (primary)races coming, no way would they have left that out of their bare-bones previews. the zones are beautiful and the maw/tower look cool but for now the tower is the only real selling point the covenants are basically just shiny/glorified reputations with buffs/abilities stapled to them. Interesting in their own way but we've tried everything they offer in one way or another they don't generate the special kinda hype you get from something "new" you haven't played with before.
    hook got announced.

their hook is tower.

WoD 2.0 with content only for hardcore crowd.

there wont be anything else - so pretty much expansion to skip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Nobody said this about DKs, but I can guarantee you the game would be better without Monks or DHs.
    No, it would be bland and absolutely terrible. The original classes + DKs are not unique enough as it stands. Monk was a breath of fresh air and DHs were fan favorites next to DKs.

FF14 does it well, they have many different classes but they're all unique, they have single spec classes so if you play paladin, you're a tank, if you play a white mage, you're a healer.
    Their class identity is top notch and this is something WoW could learn a lot from.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    No, it would be bland and absolutely terrible. The original classes + DKs are not unique enough as it stands. Monk was a breath of fresh air and DHs were fan favorites next to DKs.

FF14 does it well, they have many different classes but they're all unique, they have single spec classes so if you play paladin, you're a tank, if you play a white mage, you're a healer.
    Their class identity is top notch and this is something WoW could learn a lot from.
    If they are single spec classes wouldn’t that mean that they have way less room for over lap? Unless they have 36 classes that doesn’t really seem comparable to wow.

It is interesting, seems like players need this new feature, for feature's sake. I for one feel happy that they are not spending their time and resources on another warfront's or some random (not sure if successful) new feature but really taking a step back, looking what's happening with their game and actually fixing it up, be it class identity, leveling, pruning, AP grinds, item customization etc. I skipped BFA entirely but Shadowlands looks promising to me. NOW I also want to invite some friends to try it out and play together, as they won't have to Start in Elvyin Forest grinding wolfs and cobolds. Super excited.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raivo LV View Post
    It is interesting, seems like players need this new feature, for feature's sake. I for one feel happy that they are not spending their time and resources on another warfront's or some random (not sure if successful) new feature but really taking a step back, looking what's happening with their game and actually fixing it up, be it class identity, leveling, pruning, AP grinds, item customization etc. I skipped BFA entirely but Shadowlands looks promising to me. NOW I also want to invite some friends to try it out and play together, as they won't have to Start in Elvyin Forest grinding wolfs and cobolds. Super excited.
    Totally agree with this statement.
    Somethings get fixed and some changes to being an alt friendly expansion.

Scale-able content at the tower means it can be done whenever with whomever (up to max 5 people ofc)

Multiple people i know are willing to give WoW a try or wanna come back because they leveling doenst feel as daunting anymore in Shadowlands.

All things people would want:
    New class
    Player housing
    Insert stuff here

Isnt needed in my eyes to make it a great expansion. I do feel there is enough for me to do as is, with the tower and the fun i have in M+.

So i cant really say i am disappointed in the new features.