Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What would make the in-game store more tolerable?

I have long had a bit of a burning hatred for the in-game store, with its unique mounts you cannot obtain by playing the game, pets and even toys, all in a game with a subscription base model, but also costs a larger sum every new expansion release. Though I've come to a point where I'd rather just want to discuss some ideas that could make the store better, subjectively speaking, you might be 100% okay with it, you might hate it. Regardless, what would improve it? My key points would be:

- Lower the prices. They are incredibly expensive, and serves mostly to milk whales for what they're worth. If the prices were a lot lower, it would not only become more accessible to more people, but also feel less scummy over all. This isn't just about mounts, but also extends to "services" Which I think are particularly, unbelievably overpriced.

- Make the items in the shop obtainable in-game at seasonal intervals. I would not at all mind them, being in the shop if there was, or had been a way to obtain them through playing in the first place. Either farmed during a special event, or as a seasonal (Winter's veil, Hallows End etc) reward. The new 15'th anniversary mount would be a good example. Once the event is over, it could be retired to the store, giving future players a chance to get it. Obviously, also at a lower price, just like my first point.

Since the items in the shop are all cosmetic I don't think they should be both on the store and available to earn in game as that would be a slap in the face of those that earned it in game.

I don't have a problem with the store, mainly because wow is a old enough game, and does not have the fortnite's "shaming the free skins" mentality. It's actually quiet the opposite, most of the store bought items have a stigma attached to them, to the point where I would not be caught using them.

In terms of what would make it better... I guess reasonable prices would be nice, on the game services. Don't really care if a mount costs $100, but server transfers are way too overpriced. It would be nice if they didn't put things like boss toy in, it's too good of an item to be locked in a shop. And they really should add a loyalty system, it would have a decent fit to have cash shop rewards there, as major milestones.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no issues with the in-game shop.

I agree that services are a bit overpriced, but if it helps to sustain the game, then *shrug*
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Making all of the items available to buy with gold.

Oh wait.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reduce prices on certain services

Have regular or planned sales on mounts, pets, services

Give players that subscribe for multiple months in a row a "token" which they can use for a free service, mount, pet
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2019-11-08 at 04:25 AM.

If they weren't obviously trying to make them fancier than cosmetics available through ingame means.

Like, every store mount has at least a semi-unique or completely unique model, incredibly detailed skins, and flashy effects like glowing wings. They're specifically designed to make the ingame mounts look bland by comparison.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Since the items in the shop are all cosmetic I don't think they should be both on the store and available to earn in game as that would be a slap in the face of those that earned it in game.
    Surprise, they are available to earn ingame.
    its called gold
    to buy a wow token
    then buy the mount.

when people praise mounts being added into the game, onto a vendor for hundeds of thousands. i cringe
    cause i much rather it be on the store.

25$ mount over 5,000,000 gold mount, that really just costs 2000$
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Well its a bit of a difficult one. Services i feel need to be cheaper that i definitely agree with. The fact you can just buy with gold means everything is obtainable in game already. Maybe have something like for every concurrent month you are subbed you get either a race change or server change for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    If they weren't obviously trying to make them fancier than cosmetics available through ingame means.

Like, every store mount has at least a semi-unique or completely unique model, incredibly detailed skins, and flashy effects like glowing wings. They're specifically designed to make the ingame mounts look bland by comparison.
    I mean the detail is about the same as the expansion it is part of, but i mean they need to give it some flash to make it worth buying no?
    Last edited by Redroniksre; 2019-11-08 at 04:27 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Reduce prices on certain services

Have regular or planned sales on mounts, pets, services

Give players that subscribe for multiple months in a row a "token" which they can use for a free service, mount, pet

they do exist.
    but the free services for subbing for multiple months is literally just months cost less if you buy more. but i see what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Come up with new stuff to sell. Mounts are interchangeable to me, just different skins. Instead of inventing cool stuff like the Brutosaur for 5 million gold which I am never going to buy in-game because I just don't have the time to play that much, put it in the store. I don't have that much time to play to farm gold but I do have disposable income if I think the item is cool. But I'm not just going to shell out money if you slap wings on a fox.

Start coming up with unique races the player base has been asking for for years to play exclusive to the shop like Arakkoa and I'll buy the shit out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    - Make the items in the shop obtainable in-game at seasonal intervals. I would not at all mind them, being in the shop if there was, or had been a way to obtain them through playing in the first place.
    I haven't spent one single dollar on this game in over 4 years, neither for subscription, nor store items, and yet I have all the store mounts. They are all available by simply playing the game. Sure, SOMEONE has to pay for them, but so long as it's not me, I don't care - I can get everything I want without spending a dime, and I'm not about to tell people what they can and can not do with their own money.

Though I do agree that services definitely should be cheaper, especially nowadays, when everything is automated. Transfering one character here and there is doable, but when you want to completely switch servers, and need to transfer 10, or even 20+ characters...it's not fun.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

I'd tolerate it if it was a F2P game.

WoW is a subscription MMO. Don't dangle mounts in front of me by having Iron Skyreavers being the canonical Iron Horde flying mount, or Shadowmoon Draenei flying around on Fey Dragons (even letting you ride on them as flight path mounts!), only to put them in the store. Grinning Reavers should've been the Laughing Skull reputation mount, and so on.

I don't mind the game store, I've never bought anything. But I'd like to have the store expanded if that would remove the monthly subscription cost. Sell XP or reputation boosts, sell gear, sell whatever, I don't give a shit, just make the game subscription free.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'd tolerate it if it was a F2P game.

WoW is a subscription MMO. Don't dangle mounts in front of me by having Iron Skyreavers being the canonical Iron Horde flying mount, or Shadowmoon Draenei flying around on Fey Dragons (even letting you ride on them as flight path mounts!), only to put them in the store. Grinning Reavers should've been the Laughing Skull reputation mount, and so on.
    I love all this I'd tolerate it if... bullshit. If you really didn't tolerate it then you would have quit. No one has or ever will quit because of the store. Saying you have just makes you out to be a liar. So funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Cannot say the store really bothers me. I mean I wish they were as creative with in game mounts. But in the end it just doesn't matter much to me.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2019-11-08 at 04:48 AM.

Meh, I'd rather it wasn't there as they tend to put some really nice mounts on there that could be acquired by greater means, but I've stopped caring about the shop now

It's mostly cosmetic and I don't care much for cosmetics outside of some good tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If you really didn't tolerate it then you would have quit.
    I did.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Surprise, they are available to earn ingame.
    its called gold
    to buy a wow token
    then buy the mount.

when people praise mounts being added into the game, onto a vendor for hundeds of thousands. i cringe
    cause i much rather it be on the store.

25$ mount over 5,000,000 gold mount, that really just costs 2000$
    When I say earn them in game I'm not talking about purchasing them for gold but by them being a rare drop or from a special event.

What about reduction of subscribtion fee?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.