Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Oh, I totally agree, but that only works for so long before people stop caring and demand something more.
    yeah, although im glad they add so much i think they overdid it with 10 races, 6 for expansion would be better if they want to keep adding them

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    They descend from Lordaeronian Humans, who descend from Vrykul.
    I didn't think about this.

Alliance saves their leader before the Horde even meets them.
    So Alliance gets to make their first outpost before Horde gets level 110?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anoikis View Post
    I've heard this will be the new AR for the Alliance:

I am sure it would fit. Alliance likes smaller races, as we see with vulpera.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they are abit too tall, but making mok'nathal on the kultiran model might work!
    or they could just make ogres on the kultiran model and pull a taurne and say "lore wise they are biger, but for gameplay they have to be this size"
    They should pull a tauren. After all, tauren are even bigger.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the whole Mechagnome unlock questline aside from the very last quest, which bugged out multiple times. You have an extra action button to witness a speech, but it wouldn't trigger properly.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    Snip
    No. Again, this is a hill I will die on. I don’t care what evidence you might think you have about an
    Alliance leaning Sethrak, it’s all rubbish. Your interaction with them is a short quest line, OURS is the literal story of the zone. Just stop.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe ogres would be a normal race and not a allied race. Maybe in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    No. Again, this is a hill I will die on. I don’t care what evidence you might think you have about an
    Alliance leaning Sethrak, it’s all rubbish. Your interaction with them is a short quest line, OURS is the literal story of the zone. Just stop.
    The sethrak trust the alliance more, also the sethrak HATE the vulpera. Meaning unlikley for them to join the faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The sethrak trust the alliance more, also the sethrak HATE the vulpera. Meaning unlikley for them to join the faction.
    No, they don’t. The faithless who hate everyone, use the Vulpera and other races as slaves. Not the Faithful who we work with. Vorrik even says he’s happy that the Vulpera are using his sanctum because it is being used for innocents.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I don't think they need individual people like the Pandaren do. Their home base would be in the Shadowlands and they are confined there. They can't cross over into the world of Azeroth like the playable character can. So far from what Blizzcon stated no one is aside the playable character (and whoever else they gave the heart to like they did with artifacts).

The unlock line could be doing something tying a character from that race to the living world.
    You know how it is lately with Blizz story telling? They can make something like. "Oh look! Kyrians will join the alliance, but how they go to Azeroth? Ask gnomes for help!"

Dosen't mean i dislike that idea, i actually find at least Kyrians and Venthir potential options for allied races. Especially Venthir, for horde because ya know what happend to San'Layn.

Are the Vulpera and Sethrak not the best of friends? I mean, if Blizzard really wanted an excuse to start a new Alliance - Horde war then sure.... give Sethrak to the Alliance.

Ankoan would be great; Kurenai Broken too. Then we have the Draenei who earned the trust of, and protected, the Stillpine tribe of Furbolg; my only issue with Furbolg is that they're repeatedly shown as a very easy race to lead astray, with seemingly very little willpower against a corrupting influence.

I hope Mogu for the Horde and Ankoan/Jinyu for the Alliance.

Ankoan have already a faction and rep grind in Nazjatar. Mogu will have a faction in 8.3. and lose their leader with Raden. So both are present and play a role in the current expansion. Which is a major requirement for allied races. All of this makes also sense with putting the Pandaren into the Alliance and Horde embassy, because Horde and Alliance Pandaren will recruit the last two allied races for this expansion. At least this is most likely by far in my eyes.

Ill say it again. If Mogu become an Allied Race that the Pandaren are friendly with, even with the backhanded lore in the new patch about the friendly army, I will be having a melt down.

I expect a pre-order race like voidelfs/Nightborne.
    Something from the next expansion perhaps? Or 8.3.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Ill say it again. If Mogu become an Allied Race that the Pandaren are friendly with, even with the backhanded lore in the new patch about the friendly army, I will be having a melt down.
    Why? Mogu are organized in different clans. And the Rajani are a clan that weren't active or seen since Ra'den hid himself and was later imprisoned by Lei Shen.

Aside from that, the Mogu fit the Horde, or lets say the pre BfA Horde, pretty well and one clan joining or allying the Horde like the Zandalari did, doesn't mean that all Mogu join the Horde. The majority of Mogu would still do the same stuff they did MoP i guess.

Most of the comments here are nothing more than wishful thinking. They don't think about requirements for Allied Races at all. And these requirements are "They have to play a role in the current expansion, they have to have a rep grind and faction we do stuff for".

Where are the Ogres, Saberon, Botani, Arakoa, Ethereals, Mok'nathal with their factions we do quests for? No where. So they definitely won't be Allied Races.

Races like Ogre, Arakoa, Ethereals and such deserve to be major races anyway.
    Last edited by Reinhart11; 2019-11-08 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I’d hope for Mok’Nathal for horde and ...maybe forsaken night elves? They’ve clearly got to do something with them.
    Why not just *full* ogres?

Rajani Mogu and Ankoan/Jinyu for Pandaria-inspired races only makes sense. They are both quite sellable and good additions to the roster.

I have a hard time picturing Ankoan as allied race.

It would be an improvement in regard to Alliance new races (AR or otherwise) being tied to existing lore, the jinyu here, but I don't think they have much appeal.

The Mogu on Horde, I could see that happening, since it would be the equivalent of the VE in terms of skeleton sharing between factions. And since they would be a lot more detailled that just recolored BE (because normal HE were banned somehow) it would fit with the tradition of more care being given to Horde races and stuff.

Hummm.
    So the questline with Calia certainly hints there'll be more to come with Delaryn Summermoon, so maybe they'll go for undead night elves? But can't really think of an appropriate rep (though that didn't stop void elves from being made).

I had been thinking they were going for dragonmen for alliance and forsaken elves for undead for the longest time. But we haven't really seen any development in that direction with Wrathion.

I kinda wish we'd get Jinyu/Hozen somehow. Maybe Alliance could use the Ankoan rep, and Horde could use the Rajani? I'm not interested in Mogu though. Hozen or sky hozen would be amazing.

There's also Rexxar using kultirans' rig, so maybe moknathal or ogres.

I don't think Blizzard will drop the AR system forever but, didn't they already mention "No Allied Races in Shadowlands" in an interview?

Can we just stop with allied races? And can we just stop shoehorning edgy races to the horde?
    Also: to those thinking gilgoblins are going to be an allied race: go to Naz'jatar and zoom in on a gilgoblin. There is no way an AR will be that lo-res. And blizz won't do them again, they will be even less represented than normal goblins.
    My guess/hope: there won't be any new allied races until far into Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Hopefully ogres or sethrak.

I main alliance but it makes more since for sethrak to go horde cuz the ties to Zandalari. They might make sethrak a neutral race though idk
    For alliance I am guessing the anakoan and maybe high elves just to please the rabid fanbase

[COLOR="#417394"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR
    So really cool thing if you go to the harbor in the alliance City around the ships for the island expeditions and the mission table you'll start to see a lot of allied races and their banners there but for some reason you see a little fish man and a new unfamiliar race banner that was never really used before because as far as I can remember fish people never had a reputation before also forgot that the island expedition questline drop thing for the jinyu mentions of traveling tribe that hunts down old God's servants