Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Makes sense, because Kul Tirans are Half-Vrykul/Drust.
    They're not.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    How are sethrak likely? Horde literally resurrected their goddess.
    Sethrak would have to be Alliance, makes no sense to be horde.
    The Sethrak with the help of the Kul'tirans enslaved the Vulpera. Vulpera would leave horde if Sethrak came to join the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by logmantv View Post
    The Sethrak with the help of the Kul'tirans enslaved the Vulpera. Vulpera would leave horde if Sethrak came to join the Horde.
    The faithless would never join either faction.
    The Sethrak that would potentially become playable have indeed cooperated with the Vulpera throghout the horde questline.

It's basically like you're claiming that the Defias belong to the alliance because they are human.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Aren't Vulpera just furry goblins (skeleton)?

Sethrak doesn't make sense on alliance considering the zone questlines, maybe they can get the saberon or botani that sneaked into Azeroth via mag'har scenario. I don't play alliance but the reasons they gave for 'not enough high elves' while opening the possibility for all these is dumb.

It's mind boggling we didn't get ogres or mok'nathal on horde yet.

The Nazjatar races are very weak, they'd suck.
    Sethrak makes more sense on the Alliance than on the Horde.
    The Sethrak enslaved Vulpera with the help of the Kul'Tirans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    No, they don’t. The faithless who hate everyone, use the Vulpera and other races as slaves. Not the Faithful who we work with. Vorrik even says he’s happy that the Vulpera are using his sanctum because it is being used for innocents.
    good to know, thanks, must have missed that ingame
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    uhhh bruh, all humans descend from vrykul....

However, the other statement is grasping at straws because WHILE all humans do descend from Vrykul, that blood is so diluted it's not worth mentioning. Human/drust would be a better statement but even that is questionable since iirc there's nothing implying that they interbreed with the drust.
    Yes, I kind of forgot about the vrykul part and I focused on drust. Humans are obviously vrykul descendants but they do not have to have connection to drust.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by logmantv View Post
    Vulpera were enslaved by the Faithless. Vorrik was the one to free them.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Sadly despite being a huge proponent of the race, I can only really think of one reason left for the Sethrak to join the Alliance.

I was banking on Sylvanas doing something stupid (different than what she's actually done) or the Vulpera's new association with the Horde making them do something that Vorrik thought was too far (There was a removed questline in the Beta, from an earlier changed plans for the storyline where the Vulpera and Forsaken apothecaries blight bomb the Faithless).

Currently the only way they could go Alliance is if Telanji cracks down on Alliance presence in Zandalar with the War's end because she's unsatisfied with not getting any revenge for her father's death, tells the Devoted to deal with them, they refuse due to Vorrik owing them a life debt, and it results in hostilities. But that's a very specific kind of plot development that would have to happen, and runs counter to the fact a treaty is supposed to be made.

The Sethrak being an essential part of children's week, an event meant to be repeated for years, make me think that they're very unlikely to join the Alliance. As has been mentioned there are seedlings of stuff from beta/8.0 that hint they may have been Alliance leaning in the past... but everything 8.1.5 kind of has them lumped in with the Zandalari.

Oh well. They shouldn't have said that fan reactions would play a part in races being chosen if they had the races chosen as early as alpha.

Yes, I kind of forgot about the vrykul part and I focused on drust. Humans are obviously vrykul descendants but they do not have to have connection to drust.
    I guess he assumed that they are drust due to using their magic but at the same time, that'd be like saying humans are all half-elf because elves taught them how to use magic in the troll wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

I guess he assumed that they are drust due to using their magic but at the same time, that'd be like saying humans are all half-elf because elves taught them how to use magic in the troll wars.
    Exactly. This is similar assumption.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Hoping for Ogres for Horde
    Vrykul for Alliance

A big guy for me.
    A big guy for you.

Exactly. This is similar assumption.
    Don't get me wrong, it's entirely possible that maybe a handful of humans/drust interbred but not nearly enough to have it be the sole reason why they do what they do. However upon further looking, found out that Drust are actually vrykul themselves so half-vrykul/drust is extremely redundant anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Hoping for Ogres for Horde
    Vrykul for Alliance

A big guy for me.
    A big guy for you.
    Kul Tiran's scratch that big guy itch that Vrkul would have filled, adding them in would be more than pointless since their whole gimmick has already been filled. Ogres should have been an AR instead of highmountain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Rajani for Horde and Ankoan/Jinju for Alliance as Allied Races next, calling it now. They will be pandarens allied race. No way in hell we get Half-cat boys and ladies.

Forsaken and Worgen ones though? To be continued.

I've always felt it was odd that Blizzard had zero mention or reference to the Arakkoa during the Draenor scenario. They're the only Draenor race that is not mentioned or shown in the scenario and is not shown running away after the teleport to Azeroth. They would be a great fit for the Alliance. They have a strong visual appearance, rich lore, access to (and complicated history with) light and dark powers, mystical technology, and that kind of "civilization with an edge" feel that the Blood Elves bring to the Horde. They also have some good spots in/by Stormwind to hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by Severance View Post
    I've always felt it was odd that Blizzard had zero mention or reference to the Arakkoa during the Draenor scenario. They're the only Draenor race that is not mentioned or shown in the scenario and is not shown running away after the teleport to Azeroth. They would be a great fit for the Alliance. They have a strong visual appearance, rich lore, access to (and complicated history with) light and dark powers, mystical technology, and that kind of "civilization with an edge" feel that the Blood Elves bring to the Horde. They also have some good spots in/by Stormwind to hang out.
    I can honestly see Lightforged and High Arakkoa bonding through how to best torture heretics and a love for gold things and bright lights. x)

But yeah, I feel Arakkoa and Ogres would be a great package.
    Broken and Mok'nathal.
    Jinyu/Ankoan and Mogu.
    Used to be I thought Forest Trolls and Wildhammer Dwarves were a good package, but I presume both of those will end up being Troll and Dwarf customization options.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Used to be I thought Forest Trolls and Wildhammer Dwarves were a good package, but I presume both of those will end up being Troll and Dwarf customization options.
    I don't think the Forest or Frost trolls will ever be playable honestly, and not because of story reasons. Their "big muscle" body is just an inbetween of Darkspear and Zandalari that they probably don't see as worth implementing: the Darkspear will get a ton of new playable "races" through the skin options (Farraki and Night Trolls already confirmed, Blood Trolls apparently confirmed as well) but that'll be the last of the Trolls for the forseeable future.

Maybe they'll do green and dark blue skins to throw them a bone, but IDK.

7+ Year Old Account
    uhhh bruh, all humans descend from vrykul....

However, the other statement is grasping at straws because WHILE all humans do descend from Vrykul, that blood is so diluted it's not worth mentioning. Human/drust would be a better statement but even that is questionable since iirc there's nothing implying that they interbreed with the drust.
    the thing implying is how the drust guy who left said the drusts stat joining kul'tiran society, and we know what happen when other people join another one.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think the Forest or Frost trolls will ever be playable honestly, and not because of story reasons. Their "big muscle" body is just an inbetween of Darkspear and Zandalari that they probably don't see as worth implementing: the Darkspear will get a ton of new playable "races" through the skin options (Farraki and Night Trolls already confirmed, Blood Trolls apparently confirmed as well) but that'll be the last of the Trolls for the forseeable future.

if they just put Green skin color option is enough, not all forest trolls are bulky like that

Yeah, I think they might just throw green skins in. Though, if they ever decide to do body types, that would work too.

Also, Blood Trolls confirmed? Where did you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    I think they would have at least teased that at Blizzcon if they had anything immediately planned. AR are done for now probably until the end of Shadowlands.
    I don't think so. BlizzCon was all about Shadowlands. 8.3.5 wouldn't fit in. But Shadowlands is still a long shot away. If the Corruption System is as bad as it sounds, than Blizzard needs some counter-measures to keep the game going.

And Allied Races are very good at filling up certain content wholes. And at the end of an expansion they always have a problem with big content wholes. They did it at the end of Legion, they will do it in BfA as well i think. I mean, BfA is the expansion with the Allied Race feature. They would be stupid to not bring in two more, one for each side, if they can make more money with it.

And in regards to these abominations called Light Undead, god am i glad that these bastards have no rep faction and so far only one of them exists, who played a minor part in the expansion and isn't present in 8.3, so might not play a role in 8.3.5 either. But Blizzard could still pull a "Alleria Windrunner" on us here. This bad idea will haunt WoW forever...
    Last edited by Reinhart11; 2019-11-08 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, I think they might just throw green skins in. Though, if they ever decide to do body types, that would work too.

Also, Blood Trolls confirmed? Where did you see that?
    Wowhead said that Blood Troll skins were confirmed for Trolls but not shown. I don't remember if this was said at the what's next panel but it appeared on their liveblog.