Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Talking Why do you play your Rogue? (A POSITIVE thread)

So much negativity on the forums. Let’s be positive.

Why do YOU play your rogue?

I love picking locks for the guild. I enjoy stealth and CCing as needed plus providing mass stealth. The rogue class gear provides some of the best transmogs in the game.

Don’t worry about Shadowlands, be happy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I like to have one of every class.

If you were expecting some big, insightful moment, sorry.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I play my Rogue because I have for 12 years.

Other than that its a pretty boring class and no one else in my group of friends will even bother to pick it up and play it for more than just to hit current max level.

That being said I have a 120 Horde and Alliance Rogue....

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Affliction sucks in M+ and I don't like Destruction or Demo.

This thread is completely against Rogue class identity! You cannot be a positive Rogue!

rogue will be better when we get un-pruned. pathfinder class mained for 15 years no other class is fun like rogue to play. wod was climax of fun.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Because once you play with Stealth going back really isn't an option.
    Also, I like to gank people. No overzealous corpse camping- well maybe sometimes - but mostly hunting someone down and whacking them when they think they're safe.
    It's cool to harass people you can't defeat, if they outgear or outnumber you, with Sap and Blind.
    Completely obliterating the efc whithin a stun when he has too many stacks. Just smoke bomb and burst away and you can almost taste them panicking.
    Being a CC god in general is a lot of fun. If the enemy isn't too bright, you can sometimes pull off 1v2s, keeping the second enemy completely out of the picture.
    Kidney > Blind > Sap > Sap, that's almost half a minute of downtime for the poor fella.
    Teaming up with other rogues in BGs feels quite gangsta, if I say so myself. You become an instant thug squad, ready for the next drive by.

On top of that, I appreciate subtlety's mobility. I play a VE rogue and having all these teleports is bonkers because it allows for a lot of bamboozles. Makes me feel like some sort of void-ninja. Although that is not the class fantasy that reeled me in originally, it is quite fun.

I like stabbing people.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I like stabbing people.
    *throws glitter on you* SAY IT WITH A SMILE.
    Last edited by PopVanish; 2019-11-07 at 03:13 PM. Reason: be positive!

because my view of life is full of darkness and depression. I can best identify with it.
    I love rogues. 4ever rogue.

sincerely,
    I'm not joking.

My first ever wow char was a warrior. Spent all night on release day trying to create my account. When i finaly got the account made i was able to get on a server, made a warrior. Played it to like lvl 3 and then i had to go to bed, work the next day. At work that day i decided to do some research when i came home about which server most people from my country played and i found a new server, rolled a hunter there. Got to like lvl 11 and then i saw a rogue and it looked so damn cool with his dual weapons and whatnot.

Rolled a rogue and i have played that dude since day 2 of wow. Now in Legion and bfa im not really enjoying it that much, but ive invested WAY to much time on it. Its where i have done all my achievements, all raids, faction grinds etc. Feels wrong to start something new. But i am considering a dk for shadowlands, but most likely going back to my rogue if i do

Quote Originally Posted by PopVanish View Post
    *throws glitter on you* SAY IT WITH A SMILE.
    I do, its 100% my reason for playing the class. Things like a great tool kit and for the most part extremely useful talent choices only help. But at the end of the day I get to sneak around and stab fools.

Forums are negative because people loved playing their Rogue but Blizzard changed it too much

Looking forward to being a SNEAKY, CUTTHROAT ROGUE again in Shadowlands instead of this idiotic melee shadow magician
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone mentioned; if you played with stealth it's hard to go back.
    You have to go into the back of a cave? No problem! Stealth all the way through.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Forums are negative because people loved playing their Rogue but Blizzard changed it too much

Looking forward to being a SNEAKY, CUTTHROAT ROGUE again in Shadowlands instead of this idiotic melee shadow magician
    I'm looking forward to playing Subtlety in PvE content with a lot of AOE and cleave

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I'm looking forward to playing Subtlety in PvE content with a lot of AOE and cleave
    good luck with that ya 2016 baby
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Because I have stealth, I can do leveling easier, I can gank people, I get a good reward for more effort(high dmg for complicated rotation and game-play).

good luck with that ya 2016 baby
    What does that even mean.. are you suggesting that I was born in 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by Mibzo View Post
    As someone mentioned; if you played with stealth it's hard to go back.
    You have to go into the back of a cave? No problem! Stealth all the way through.
    This is the biggest one for me, too. It's handy, and it's also great for sightseeing. So many interesting things happen when NPCs don't know you're around - I remember discovering back in vanilla that the skeletal warriors patrolling in the Eastern Plaguelands would sometimes throw one of their own arm bones for their undead dog companion to fetch, and knew then I had to see it all.

tfw shoegazing says something right